Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Mendy Injury

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Yes - maybe you're not a troll as such (that is, a deliberate mischief-maker intending to cause upset) but you're fairly typical of the negative nellies who abound on this forum. Who are you to say what "we" need regarding the comments being made? Done a survey of the other contributors, have you? Why don't you use 'I' instead of "we", or do you need to feel the notional weight of opinion from those other snidey fvckers who are quick to criticise but haven't got anything valuable to offer about the subject at hand?

Agreed, I should have used the word I, instead of we, but the original comment sounded like the pub bore who shares his expert wisdom on all subjects in the minutest detail.

All I came looking for in this thread was the approximate time that Mendy was out for, not an in-depth and obvious description of injury management. But that's just me, and you're obviously entitled to write whatever you write.

So next time, like I should have done this time, I will pass your comment by and let all the other 'negative, snidey, and probably in your opinion less knowledgeable posters on here reply to you Mr Pompous. Hopefully avoiding being put in the naughty corner as well in the process. :sweating:

3 hours ago, Pete Campbell said:

I just can't see his partnership with Drinkwater being as successful as Amartey's.

Mendy has not had that much time to judge that. Amartey's been here much longer and the first time I saw him play I was not convinced either.

Looking at Mendy's YouTube videos, and how those who saw him rated him, if Drinky and Mendy work well together, they could be perhaps the most devastating midfield combination in the premiership.

Obviously early days though.

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Mendy has not had that much time to judge that. Amartey's been here much longer and the first time I saw him play I was not convinced either.

Looking at Mendy's YouTube videos, and how those who saw him rated him, if Drinky and Mendy work well together, they could be perhaps the most devastating midfield combination in the premiership.

I'm of the same opinion, probably my Blue tinted specs, I was excited about both signings and I'm thinking that there is now justification for my excitement ....

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I hope you are right about them being the best, but I certainly expect them to be one of the best. A defensive midfield three in a 4-3-3 formation, of Drinky, Mendy and Amartey would be truly awesome for matches against top English and European sides, with the likes of Mahez, Vardy, Slimani and Musa and others to choose from for a front three. Dreamland!

Archived