Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

i have a couple of Questions about Seville

9 hours ago, Topman said:

in Spain games are a lot further than Bournemouth to Newcastle, mainland Spain is a lot bigger than England - plus they have teams in the canary islands and Balearic islands, Barcelona can play Las Palmas is gran canaria over 2000 miles away - whereas traveling from Leicester to Sevilla only 1400 miles, kinda mad 

Yeah but Madrid to Granada is a four hour drive, which is less than Southampton to Sunderland, plus there's Real Madrid fans all over Spain.

However you cut it, 30 people is mental and it's obviously not because of distance so let's not be stupid about it.

37 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Am I missing something? why do people keep calling the team we are playing by the city they are based in? 

I suppose you always make a point of writing Bayern Munchen and pronouncing Barcelona with a "th" then aye?

They have a massive game at Atletico the weekend after the game which they won't want to lose. They also have a home game 3 days before to worry about whereas we will be well rested and 100% prepared. It just feels as though we have a few things going in our favour. 

They looked shattered towards the end of last night's game as well. Hopefully the lads just turn up, feed off what is going to be an electric atmosphere and put in a massive shift.

I can honestly see us going through. Even if we don't, it's just brilliant that we can look forward to it- 2 weeks ago we were turning out completely flat performances, there was every chance we were going to get thrashed away, and we had about 12,000 tickets to shift when it went to general sale. This match could have been a complete non-event and tame end to our European campaign.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I suppose you always make a point of writing Bayern Munchen and pronouncing Barcelona with a "th" then aye?

No because Barcelona and Bayern Munich are their common names 

Seville is not the common name for Sevilla 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

No because Barcelona and Bayern Munich are their common names 

Seville is not the common name for Sevilla 

Only in England, it's not actually correct.

Just as Cologne aren't Cologne, Sporting Lisbon aren't Sporting Lisbon and whatever else.

The point is, you know what people mean when they say Seville and whilst it isn't accurate, being a pedantic dick about it is still a bit needless.

I had this reply to a posting on a Seville website

Leicester provided only 1,500 tickets to Sevilla for the game which sold out immediately, there was a request for more but this was refused. I can’t see many bothering to travel without tickets. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Sevilla, I’m an ex-pat yorkshireman who has been living here for 10yrs and loving it,

Sadly as a few of you found out the Spanish national police will only ask politely once when they want you to something, if that request is refused they will take any action necessary to make sure you do it.

I feel the game is going to hinge on who scores first, both sets of fans are going to be nervous, I know I am.
Whatever happens re the result I hope we get to see a great match, I have some fond memories of visiting the old Filbert st ground especially May 5th 1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VazbY8KZCBs

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you stay up and it’s not too long before the Blades join you.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Only in England, it's not actually correct.

Just as Cologne aren't Cologne, Sporting Lisbon aren't Sporting Lisbon and whatever else.

The point is, you know what people mean when they say Seville and whilst it isn't accurate, being a pedantic dick about it is still a bit needless.

Wow somebody's a bit touchy ain't they 

doubt it is but really it doesn't matter if its only in England they are the commonly used names for the clubs

Fc Koln when translated into English is Cologne

Anyway really looking forward to watching the lads in our next league game against London 

Archived