Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Guitars

And so it came to pass, with a weary inevitability after my brother bought a Strat earlier year and I decided it was 'nice', that I've ordered a used one off Reverb.

Can I justify the expenditure? No, but four months interest free credit from PayPal and the thought that it's unlikely to go anywhere other than up in value got me over the line

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

And so it came to pass, with a weary inevitability after my brother bought a Strat earlier year and I decided it was 'nice', that I've ordered a used one off Reverb.

Can I justify the expenditure? No, but four months interest free credit from PayPal and the thought that it's unlikely to go anywhere other than up in value got me over the line

Pics!?🤩

19 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Pics!?🤩

https://reverb.com/uk/item/44351478-fender-american-standard-stratocaster-1986-2000

These don't come up that often, and I was sort of hoping that it would be a while before the next one. The price and the condition meant it was difficult to turn down in the end

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

https://reverb.com/uk/item/44351478-fender-american-standard-stratocaster-1986-2000

These don't come up that often, and I was sort of hoping that it would be a while before the next one. The price and the condition meant it was difficult to turn down in the end

Just getting 'that listing sold' 😧

Never mind, I'm sure you'll post lovely pic when she arrives👍

11 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Just getting 'that listing sold' 😧

Never mind, I'm sure you'll post lovely pic when she arrives👍

That's annoying and confusing.

Try this:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fender-usa-standard-stratocaster-422060637

Not literally my guitar, but that's what it is

8 hours ago, Flamey said:

Oh the natural ash strat, I've played one of those, bloody gorgeous, good work fellah!

Cheers! Should be arriving tomorrow.

I know the current American Professional II is supposed to be very good, but they're nearly twice the price of what I paid for this.

Thought this was a decent deal given that the natural finish ones were slightly more expensive than the others when they were made. It's apparently never been gigged and the owner has rated the condition as 'excellent' so fingers crossed it's a good one!

I'm quite excited

On 17/09/2021 at 18:10, Flamey said:

Oh marvellous!! I look forward to them, but first I believe you have to make acquaintance with your new beau 👍enjoy!!!!🤗

I posted a photo but then realised I was sacrificing my internet anonymity.

How does everyone else put photos up?

It's very nice, although annoyingly the previous owner changed the strap buttons so I can't put my strap on it, but fortunately he's still got the originals which he's going to send me in the post, so will just swap them back again

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I posted a photo but then realised I was sacrificing my internet anonymity.

How does everyone else put photos up?

It's very nice, although annoyingly the previous owner changed the strap buttons so I can't put my strap on it, but fortunately he's still got the originals which he's going to send me in the post, so will just swap them back again

Internet anonymity, how's that, what info does it post? I just attach a photo from my gallery. Anyhoo, glad your are pleased with it and hope the strap buttons situation is sorted soon.👍

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Flamey said:

Its a beaut!!🤗 plays well?

Ta!

When I first started playing it I thought 'wow, this is so easy to play', but then I realised that it's got 9's on it and I've only used 10's for years and it makes a bigger difference than I remembered. I might keep them on it just to make it a bit more distinct from my Tele, but I think it needs a bit of a set up either way, it's a bit buzzy in places higher up the neck, although I'm in no rush.

It's the sound of it I love. Really sings

1 hour ago, Flamey said:

@Bellend Sebastian that's good to hear. Now you are comfortable with posting pics ....you should show us your tele!?

Sure! Give me a couple of days, I only seem to be able to do it by shrinking the pictures down using Microsoft Paint on my laptop, like it's 2002 or something

• Haha 1

On 30/09/2021 at 07:57, Flamey said:

@Bellend Sebastian that's good to hear. Now you are comfortable with posting pics ....you should show us your tele!?

Hilariously grainy low light photo. Alternative was to use the flash which bounced off it and showed up all the fingerprints

628713607_IMG_20211005_181225(1).jpg.681bab33e1ff27be56bd37f2ff514e97.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Hilariously grainy low light photo. Alternative was to use the flash which bounced off it and showed up all the fingerprints

628713607_IMG_20211005_181225(1).jpg.681bab33e1ff27be56bd37f2ff514e97.jpg

Really Nice!!!, I fancy an HS tele myself. I would have to cut off the excess strings though! :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Really Nice!!!, I fancy an HS tele myself. I would have to cut off the excess strings though! :whistle:

It's non standard, it's a Seymour Duncan Little '59 in the neck position but I'm not sure if the chrome cover compromises its performance as it doesn't have as much poke as I was hoping for.

I can't be arsed to change it again though as getting custom pickguards made is nigh on impossible (this one was made by an engineer mate who did a much better job than anybody else had done).

As for excess strings, I normally chop them off once I'm sure I've done a decent job, so I'm clearly letting myself go. What a scruff!

35 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's non standard, it's a Seymour Duncan Little '59 in the neck position but I'm not sure if the chrome cover compromises its performance as it doesn't have as much poke as I was hoping for.

Interesting, I found this regarding pickup covers and tone, though I would imagine you are most likely aware.

Screenshot_20211005-202421_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0247c1cdf54dc54964998d20176d5ab.jpg

1 minute ago, Flamey said:

Interesting, I found this regarding pickup covers and tone, though I would imagine you are most likely aware.

Screenshot_20211005-202421_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0247c1cdf54dc54964998d20176d5ab.jpg

That IS interesting. The thing is, I don't know what it's supposed to sound like, so it might be bang on for all I know. The guitar itself is set up really well and I'm not a tinkerer so I'm not inclined to go fishing about inside it!

Much as I love Teles, I find the standard neck pick up a bit of a non event, so the idea was to give it a bit more oomph, which was semi successful