Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Guitars

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Well you have a very keen memory!

Naturally, the demands of my kids have meant I've had time to unbox it, and I've managed to update the firmware and that's about it. It doesn't sound amazing out of the box, but I've had about 3 minutes to experiment so I'm reserving judgement for now

Sure you'll find plenty of time at some point👍and I hope you find some tones you like.  Have a very merry Christmas 🤗

On 11/11/2020 at 19:59, FerrisBueller said:

Girlfriend surprised me with this today, I’d been drooling over it for a little while. FSR Squier Bronco.

I’m a sucker for shell pink and they are relatively cheap!

C39E1B3E-986D-4279-8077-B5218312987C.jpeg

Haha this reminds me of my first bass. A bright red squier precision. Got me through several years of our first band. 

18 hours ago, Flamey said:

Sure you'll find plenty of time at some point👍and I hope you find some tones you like.  Have a very merry Christmas 🤗

Managed to skulk away for an hour earlier to experiment. Perhaps it's my imagination but it seemed to sound better after the firmware update. Stumbled across a nice cleanish Smiths/Morrissey jangly sound, but the sheer number of options and adjustability mean I'll probably be lazy and download patches that other folk have created as I'm not sure I've got the patience to tinker to the extent needed to do it justice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Managed to skulk away for an hour earlier to experiment. Perhaps it's my imagination but it seemed to sound better after the firmware update. Stumbled across a nice cleanish Smiths/Morrissey jangly sound, but the sheer number of options and adjustability mean I'll probably be lazy and download patches that other folk have created as I'm not sure I've got the patience to tinker to the extent needed to do it justice

Glad to hear it! There are a couple of user groups on Facebook that have lots of patches, also a website where you can download them, a guy created it while he was furloughed...not sure how popular it is though. If you need/want more info I'll gladly dig the names out.

1 hour ago, Flamey said:

Glad to hear it! There are a couple of user groups on Facebook that have lots of patches, also a website where you can download them, a guy created it while he was furloughed...not sure how popular it is though. If you need/want more info I'll gladly dig the names out.

Already joined a couple. There's some good stuff on there, but it's all a bit biased towards folk wanting to sound like Hendrix/Clapton/Stevie Ray Vaughan etc - not much Graham Coxon/Bernard Butler/Mick Robson and so forth, but that's par for the course I guess.

I know you have to download the actual patches from Facebook onto your PC, but what do you do with them then, and how do you access them on the amp?

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Already joined a couple. There's some good stuff on there, but it's all a bit biased towards folk wanting to sound like Hendrix/Clapton/Stevie Ray Vaughan etc - not much Graham Coxon/Bernard Butler/Mick Robson and so forth, but that's par for the course I guess.

I know you have to download the actual patches from Facebook onto your PC, but what do you do with them then, and how do you access them on the amp?

Oh yes the perennial Hendrix/ Clapton/ SRV....😂, you could always drop a request in maybe? 

As for putting them on your amp, have you downloaded the app to your phone? There is a way of using the files section of the Facebook group...although the actual method escapes me at the moment...I did do a tutorial for android phones as well!😖

Lastly I'm gonna assume you mean Mick Ronson? Mick Robson sounds like a builder!🤣

Oh yes the perennial Hendrix/ Clapton/ SRV....😂, you could always drop a request in maybe? 

As for putting them on your amp, have you downloaded the app to your phone? There is a way of using the files section of the Facebook group...although the actual method escapes me at the moment...I did do a tutorial for android phones as well!😖

Lastly I'm gonna assume you mean Mick Ronson? Mick Robson sounds like a builder!🤣

Ha! Stupid autocorrect. The Spiders from Mars were certainly very down to earth (a Mick and two Trevors!) but maybe not quite to that extent

I've found my tutorial if it's at all helpful to you...

Just go to the fb group on the first pic then search for my comment shown in the second pic, I put the steps in the comments 👍

Screenshot_20201226-194033_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-194111_Facebook.jpg

Cheers, this was ENORMOUSLY helpful. That's one of the ones I'm a member of.

Took a certain amount of fiddling around - mercifully I can search for the file type as I've not a clue where the phone is downloading them to (naturally it's not 'downloads'), but once the THR folder was created it was a doddle

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2020 at 23:57, Flamey said:

Anyone had anything guitar related for Christmas? I got a capo 👍

Yeah, a pack of Jim Dunlop .60 nylon picks. lol

I also treated myself to Waves GTR3 plugin which I'm basically using instead of my amp now.

Amps are so 2020.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2021 at 19:12, Wolfboy said:

Bought my first 12 string the other day...

BCE3FFAE-D83D-40A1-B5F2-78A7A4718D48.jpeg

Awesome! How are you finding it?

I was eyeing one of these up for ages before I found a weird Hohner 12 string i ended up buying. Never played on the (presumably) hollow body Danelectro, I bet it's as light as a feather.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... Music snobbery aside (and I have no shame in admitting I ****ing love blink 182) But I have taken a standard 2004 Mexican jazz bass and have turned it into a Mark Hoppus signature model. 

Standard Mexican jazz bass body, that I have sanded down and sprayed the body with a neon pink paint, moved the bridge slightly and replaced with the fender custom through bridge (similar to a tele through bridge), moved the pick-ups to be closer to the neck, and I have fitted it with S/D quarter pounders and have reversed the pick-ups (Mark has the bridge pickup at the neck position and the neck at the bridge). All of the tuning heads, and tone pots are fender custom. I did replace the neck too, purchased through a friend who was selling an old bass, sanded the squire logo of and replaced it with a fender one. All in all, a really nice job, bass sounds absolutely fantastic such a nice growl to it, and in my opinion one of the nicest tone's you'll find. 

(pic isn't mine, my camera is broken on my phone but this is identical so you get the idea) 

upload_2014-11-18_20-41-52.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/02/2021 at 08:20, Bellend Sebastian said:

My Line 6 wireless transmitter finally arrived on Friday, enabling me to wander around the extension, adding to the annoyance my shoddy playing already causes my family

For your thr I assume? How are you getting on with it??🤔

On 07/02/2021 at 10:04, FerrisBueller said:

Awesome! How are you finding it?

I was eyeing one of these up for ages before I found a weird Hohner 12 string i ended up buying. Never played on the (presumably) hollow body Danelectro, I bet it's as light as a feather.

Really enjoying it! Has a gorgeous tone, extremely light weight too. Is your hohner tele style?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfboy said:

Really enjoying it! Has a gorgeous tone, extremely light weight too. Is your hohner tele style?

Awesome man! I'm really jealous, love those Danelectros. It's actually a bit of a weird one, never seen one like it, it's more like a jazzmaster shape, lipstick pickups, dead weird and heavy as owt!

• Like 1