Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NeilLCFC

Our Scouting Team

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ulloa's not set the world on fire but he's been worth his money i'd say, he's been steady, decent, brilliant even in comparison to the others.

Matt Elliott was a record signing was he? He was decent.

Eadie was a record signing and decent aswell, just an unfortunate injury.

Elliott and Eadie were both pre Akinibiyi though.

Elliott was a record and better than decent.  He was immense IMO.

Eadie though - disastrous from start to finish injury notwithstanding.

Gary Rowett is one that worked... So... I'm not sure where we are with the original point.

Record signings = more than likely not very good but sometimes good.

This needs it's own thread.

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

It begs the question why on earth would we hold a conference to tell our competitors about our "golden goose"?

Dembele and Keane would have been Walsh signings, not Macia signings. 

You read the Jonathon Northcroft book? It touches on how we believed in the sharing of information and outlines the thought processes.

7 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Slimani, Musa and Mendy would have been signed on the recommendation of Walsh and his team, but unlikely that Walsh had anything to do with the Ndidi signing, that was more likely to have been a Macia recommendation.

Mendy is clearly a Ranieri signing. There is enough info out there to know that.

Slimani may have been scouted by Walsh, but not signed under him. We don't know if at that point we were revisiting an old list. (Wague had been scouted years back also), he could have been picked as a good signing back in our first season when we wanted a big man option and he'd have cost £10m... would he have agreed with £30m? He was available for less than that if we'd matched his buy out clause before it expired. There was something that never felt right with that transfer and the links to him.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Shakespeare won't settle for poor planning and research. If he gets this long term it'll be rectified. Having said that, we should be lining up our targets now for next season, last summer was the pits.

I agree with this but there isn't much he can do if he doesn't have the people in place to carry out the planning and research.

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

You read the Jonathon Northcroft book? It touches on how we believed in the sharing of information and outlines the thought processes.

No I haven't but if you recommend it I'll buy it, I'm not one for reading books but love something for the beach that really interests me.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

No I haven't but if you recommend it I'll buy it, I'm not one for reading books but love something for the beach that really interests me.

It's got some really good stuff at the start that goes quite in depth about the backroom team. I like to think I'm pretty well versed and keep up to date on how we run things, but I took a fair bit away form it that Id not read elsewhere.

Archived