Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Madrid (A) - Where we drinking ?

2 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

I can understand why they do it (the local plod ask them to), but I do slightly resent all this stuff about "fanzones" and "designated bars". 

It's almost like going on a school trip. 

And it attracts the doughnuts and idiots. 

Even in the smallest city Brugge, we went for a little walk and took a couple of other bars. 

Every trip so far I have looked up a few places what sell IPAs and different bars, start with them and do a bit of crawl. The locals seem a lot more friendly in these sorts of places and have a chat about the match. 

Porto was the best for me. The folk there are absolutely brilliant.

The Plaza would be a good base. We stayed there for a night before getting a train to Seville. It'd be great if we could all congregate there like at O'Neill's.

Word of warning - I almost had my phone stolen at a nearby cafe but i caught them in the act. Keep your wits about you.

Plaza Mayor.jpg

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And it attracts the doughnuts and idiots. 

Even in the smallest city Brugge, we went for a little walk and took a couple of other bars. 

Every trip so far I have looked up a few places what sell IPAs and different bars, start with them and do a bit of crawl. The locals seem a lot more friendly in these sorts of places and have a chat about the match. 

Porto was the best for me. The folk there are absolutely brilliant.

We found a great little bar in Copenhagen, where with the advice and discussion with the barman we worked our way down the beer menu. One of the barman even offered to take us to the match. We were told that after the game it would be full of Copenhagen fans but would be made very welcome. In Porto again the locals were very friendly, and very passionate about their club.

If anybody can be bothered... Surely there's scope for us to sing a song about being the only Premier League team left in the Champions League :trumpet:

Maybe to "Sail this ship alone" by the beautiful south lol

8 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

If anybody can be bothered... Surely there's scope for us to sing a song about being the only Premier League team left in the Champions League :trumpet:

We're in Madrid, we're in Madrid,

Last English team, left on the scene,

We're in Madrid.

You're all at home, you're all at home,

Arsenal and Spurs, you amateurs,

You're all at home.

Because we're leaving 

on a jet plane

The only English team

to remain

So sing for the champions 

we are the champions