Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersApples

Computer Nerds, I need your help!

Only joking....but I do need help.

LG TV works fine with PlayStation, live TV, internet and YouTube, but all streaming has stopped. No Netflix, iplayer etc..

have tried all all sorts including factory reset. LG & Netflix no help at all... but surely a City fan will be. There is a balti pie (or whatever the equivalent is in new money) for the most helpful nerd person. 

Beat me to it :)

Does your Netflix work on other devices?  You might be logged in elsewhere and only have the account where you can have 1 session logged on

Course that wouldn't explain iplayer

44 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

LG TV works fine with PlayStation, live TV, internet and YouTube, but all streaming has stopped. No Netflix, iplayer etc..

have tried all all sorts including factory reset. LG & Netflix no help at all... but surely a City fan will be. There is a balti pie (or whatever the equivalent is in new money) for the most helpful nerd person. 

LG Smart TVs have stopped some apps, including Spotify as I found out a few days ago. 

I didn't know Netflix and iPlayer etc had stopped though. I always went through the TV service provider for those (BT/Virgin Media etc) and not through the in-built TV app.

This might help? 

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000018-1423685795027-others

And for any one who's interested, Spotify are planning to update their app for the LG Smart TVs:

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_tv/lg/

Thanks Stan, but I've done all that several times and have in fact bought a second LG which is fine with all apps.

I think this must have a cache problem? I'm at a loss. 

Thanks everyone one else too 

Netflix fine on all other devices. Fine on the TV I'm on about. It opens, I can select, but nothing plays. Internal date & time correct (automatic). Firmware up to date. Switched off and on a lot!! It is an older tv (5 years?), but it all suddenly stopped about 6 months ago. Thought it was IP so changed in desperation. Laptops, iPads, phones, other tv all fine. It's just this twat 

Sounds like the they have stopped supporting the apps, I'm assuming you don't have Bt or Virgin Media where you can access them? Cheap/short term solution would be a Now Tv box which supports all the apps mentioned, only around £20/25 in Asda the other week and you get free entertainment or movie pass for couple of months.

On 8/9/2017 at 19:30, LinekersApples said:

I had the same problem with my Panasonic and within a year the whole thing had packed in and the main board needed replacing, this happened in the last four weeks.

Is it still under warranty? If by any chance it is, might be worth getting checked out.

Archived