Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All the soaps have gone massively downhill with their obsession with tackling 'serious issues'. "If you've been affected by the issues raised in tonight's Coronation Street you can call this number." Sod off.

TBH ive never been into soaps so much.. they are all too true to life for me.. I dont really watch that much normal TV, i tend to have 'my' shows that i watch on netflix or stream .. but they usually include the odd vampire, zombie or superhero ... lol

No serious issues with the above. :D 

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

TBH ive never been into soaps so much.. they are all too true to life for me.. I dont really watch that much normal TV, i tend to have 'my' shows that i watch on netflix or stream .. but they usually include the odd vampire, zombie or superhero ... lol

No serious issues with the above. :D 

Come on Suzie. You remember 3 channels only, just as I do :D Channel 4 was a Godsend at the time, imagine trying to persuade someone of that in 2018.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Come on Suzie. You remember 3 channels only, just as I do :D Channel 4 was a Godsend at the time, imagine trying to persuade someone of that in 2018.

Hahhaah yeah i do.. Channel 4 had some right toss on it .. 

Ok here is an unpopular opinion .. Careless Whisper is a great song! (its just come up on youtube after posting the Buzzcocks one in the Deathlist thread) 

Edit and omg now some Foreigner classics :O 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

Just now, Max Wall said:

Channel 4. The once great channel that first introduced the UK to the great sport of American Football. But now just pumps out shit like Hollyoaks and Naked Attraction.

• Like 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Ok here is an unpopular opinion .. Careless Whisper is a great song! (its just come up on youtube after posting the Buzzcocks one in the Deathlist thread) 

Surely that's not an unpopular opinion either? 'Guilty feet have got no rhythm' is a classic line.

Bit sappy, but good song nonetheless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Channel 4. The once great channel that first introduced the UK to the great sport of American Football. But now just pumps out shit like Hollyoaks and Naked Attraction.

First introduced me to TV past ****ing midnight!

Before that, the black and white horror double bill on Friday nights on BBC2 was as out there as TV got. Bride of Dracula followed by Lady Frankenstein or some other such nonsense. That was less that 40 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Edit and omg now some Foreigner classics :O 

I saw Foreigner live. They were utter shite. They opened for the Doobie Brothers, who were pretty good.

• Sad 1

Before that, the black and white horror double bill on Friday nights on BBC2 was as out there as TV got. Bride of Dracula followed by Lady Frankenstein or some other such nonsense. That was less that 40 years ago.

Oh that reminds me of the old hammer house of horror shows, think they were on late on Channel 4. 

And the Open University. A bearded bloke in a brown suit with a kipper tie teaching a half cut nation about nuclear physics.

• Haha 4