Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yep. Bans incoming for derailing the thread. Night.

The posts were generally connected to unpopular opinions people posted I'd say but seems a good point to leave it anyway. :thumbup:

Edited by Max Wall

2 hours ago, oakman said:

American Football is a terrible spectator sport. 6 seconds of action followed by 11 minutes of arse-slapping, helmet-banging, chest-bumping self congratulation. Yeah, we get it, you a made a tackle.

The CFL (canadian version of nfl) is more interesting in that its 3 downs not 4 and the game is faster. I like it for that but ive never really been a hug fam of americanized football at all. What you said sums it up for me lol

Dont forget the 'crazy' all team touchdown celebrations. Oh look he is pretending to be a school bus driving down the road with his passengers. What action!

On 04/12/2018 at 16:07, Wymeswold fox said:

Aside from his awkward rant/reason that led to @Thracian leaving the forum, do miss his lengthly peculiar-type posts.

I met him once in the Swan and Rushes and watched a pre-season game with him.

A kind person who went out of his way to help me.

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

First introduced me to TV past ****ing midnight!

Before that, the black and white horror double bill on Friday nights on BBC2 was as out there as TV got. Bride of Dracula followed by Lady Frankenstein or some other such nonsense. That was less that 40 years ago.

I miss the days when I could sit there just watching the bbc2 testcard. 

4E13B5D9-7353-4146-BD2D-FBE7A38A5C9D.jpeg

30 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

I dunno, that's kinda Catch 22 innit?

I was unsure whether it would be popular or not tbh. Despite his antics and the drugs, I've been surprised so many of this generation don't appreciate what Maradona achieved on a pitch. Maybe it's the same for Pele.

Edited by Max Wall

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

There'd be an enormous amount of anxious 25 year old virgins wandering around without it though. Even more than there currently is.

Don’t worry, Max. 

You’ll get laid one day... :D 

Can one have a popular unpopular opinion? Weird thing is language. We all know what it means when we talk of popular unpopular opinions yet, at the semantic level, it seems contradictory.  Compare it to 'unpopular popular opinions'... now that doesn't seem to work. Listen again next week for my defence of Donald Rumfeld's "known unknowns"... or not.

2 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

Can one have a popular unpopular opinion? Weird thing is language. We all know what it means when we talk of popular unpopular opinions yet, at the semantic level, it seems contradictory.  Compare it to 'unpopular popular opinions'... now that doesn't seem to work. Listen again next week for my defence of Donald Rumfeld's "known unknowns"... or not.

The known unknowns carry on had to be seem to be believed. It's regularly used between me and my Mrs to this day. It's a verbal balaclava emoji.

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

All cricket is boring, full of cheats and has just become an excuse for "grown up lads" to get pissed while they watch.

Obviously Australia are no longer the best team in the world and been caught out for what made them the best team - in any sport. :D

I personally love Test match cricket but not really interested in the quickest forms.

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And the Open University. A bearded bloke in a brown suit with a kipper tie teaching a half cut nation about nuclear physics.

There's nothing up with bearded university lecturers.

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

The CFL (canadian version of nfl) is more interesting in that its 3 downs not 4 and the game is faster. I like it for that but ive never really been a hug fam of americanized football at all. What you said sums it up for me lol

Dont forget the 'crazy' all team touchdown celebrations. Oh look he is pretending to be a school bus driving down the road with his passengers. What action!

I love American Football and think it's one of the greatest sports that exist - at least it used to be before they started getting all safety conscious. Power, agression, speed, skill, intelligence, strategy and the ability to accommodate people of all sizes and builds. The NFL is far superior to the CFL.

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I miss the days when I could sit there just watching the bbc2 testcard. 

4E13B5D9-7353-4146-BD2D-FBE7A38A5C9D.jpeg

Come on Mike, we all know you know, this is the test card that you would spend the evening looking at:

240px-Testcard_F.jpg

2 hours ago, Buce said:

How drunk did you have to get her? lol

tut tut Buce, you have been conditioned to expect "Max" to have sex with a female. I wouldn't be so sure.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I love American Football and think it's one of the greatest sports that exist - at least it used to be before they started getting all safety conscious. Power, agression, speed, skill, intelligence, strategy and the ability to accommodate people of all sizes and builds. The NFL is far superior to the CFL.

From a skill perspective and bigger/stronger yes. They are more gifted for sure but i prefer the cfl for how faster the game is. If you took the same nfl players and used cfl rules then it would be better IMO.

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

From a skill perspective and bigger/stronger yes. They are more gifted for sure but i prefer the cfl for how faster the game is. If you took the same nfl players and used cfl rules then it would be better IMO.

I used to be a high level Chess player so I guess "speed" of game has a different meaning to me. :P