Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

If we accept that smoking causes cancer and that it should be taxed and derided until it no longer exists.... we should do the same with red meat,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/11/meat-tax-inevitable-to-beat-climate-and-health-crises-says-report

There are a few meta-analyses that have shown a significant yet moderate correlations between red & processed meat consumption and colorectal cancer but there's little out there postulating any biological mechanism for this. Lifestyle is a massive confounding factor for interpreting any kind of human epidemiological study, it's likely that people who eat more red meat than others probably do less exercise, eat fewer fruit & veg, drink more etc. Ergo, I'm not in favour of any meat tax as I do not think smoking and red meat are comparable in the slightest.

Edited by Bobby Hundreds
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

If we accept that smoking causes cancer and that it should be taxed and derided until it no longer exists.... we should do the same with red meat,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/11/meat-tax-inevitable-to-beat-climate-and-health-crises-says-report

Im not paying more money for red meat because some fat **** doesn't have a grasp on moderation 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Not so much an unpopular opinion as a fact so possibly the wrong thread but blokes banging on about how much they love meat and how much meat they eat really is the single most pathetic and cringeworthy bit of performative faux-masculinity going. 

Nobody's impressed or even cares lads.

Add talking about women as if they're objects and going on about how tough they are/the world is/"made it by myself" as similar stuff too.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Not so much an unpopular opinion as a fact so possibly the wrong thread but blokes banging on about how much they love meat and how much meat they eat really is the single most pathetic and cringeworthy bit of performative faux-masculinity going. 

Nobody's impressed or even cares lads.

Just like nobody cares you eat rabbit food 

18 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I had roast lamb on toast for breakfast and a whole horse flambéd for lunch ...    off out to kill two cows for dinner tonight ...   

Grrrrr ! ....     what you staring at !!! .....       :angry:

A6DBB222-8945-4650-8885-9E9DB6255C19.jpeg.056667d9ee4950ea9e1d24d0f22d8b64.jpeg

Desperate Countryfox. :D 

• Haha 1

"eating too much meat is bad for you" is such a lazy argument. The word "too much" is there for a reason. 

Drinking too much water is bad for you, having a higher dose of a recommended medicine is also bad for you. 

Eat in moderation, eat what you like and mind your own business. 

Edited by the fox

39 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Just like nobody cares you eat rabbit food 

Oh I'm not a vegetarian by any stretch. I'm just not so incredibly dull and/or insecure that I see any mileage in boring everyone to tears bullshitting about how I couldn't live without steak or how I've never eaten anything green in my life, as if that merits any sort of adulation or kudos.

Yeah the “MmmMMmMMM bAcOn” brigade are tedious. I’m not a vegetarian or vegan, I don’t eat a particularly great diet but most meat isn’t that tasty; a nicely done steak, superb - but how often do you actually top quality meat? Can’t speak for everyone but not very often for me (I am a lazy student though).

1 hour ago, the fox said:

"eating too much meat is bad for you" is such a lazy argument. The word "too much" is there for a reason. 

Drinking too much water is bad for you, having a higher dose of a recommended medicine is also bad for you. 

Eat in moderation, eat what you like and mind your own business. 

'Too much' adoration for just one player isn't healthy either Foxy ...    :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Too many people have children. 

I'd hazard a guess that you haven't got any children Peaky ...   which if so, might be a good thing, as they would probably spend half their life in the corner of the room with a large hat with a D on it atop their heads ...    :)

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I'd hazard a guess that you haven't got any children Peaky ...   which if so, might be a good thing, as they would probably spend half their life in the corner of the room with a large hat with a D on it atop their heads ...    :)

I don't. But ask my pupils if I make them feel like that... 

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

:) I'm not a classroom teacher, I do individual instrumental lessons. 

You'll pick em up on something Peaky !!  ......    wrong colour socks ...   squinting too much ...   breathing in a loud fashion ....   so ...  what time are they out of detention ???    :D

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You'll pick em up on something Peaky !!  ......    wrong colour socks ...   squinting too much ...   breathing in a loud fashion ....   so ...  what time are they out of detention ???    :D

I think your characterisation of me says rather more about your mindset than it does mine... 

:whistle: