Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

“If she was my daughter I’d still be bathing her” he said about a young lady waiting tables in the match day sponsors dining room in the Carling stand. He was a dinosaur twenty five years ago.

That’s pretty creepy, tbh. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

“If she was my daughter I’d still be bathing her” he said about a young lady waiting tables in the match day sponsors dining room in the Carling stand. He was a dinosaur twenty five years ago.

Old Bernard Manning joke that.

I remember some of his jokes back then, didn't he once make a few about the foxy ladies as well who were about 14 at the time? I remember some controversy. 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I don't know if I'm properly conveying this right, but on an (extremely big) offshoot/tangent to this the whole narrative that the football club was a sorry penniless shell which had achieved zero before 2010 and the takeover is one that grinds a bit after a while. The heights we went to were stratospheric, but read/listen/talk to some and you'd think we had been sitting bottom of the conference for our entire history and hours from going bust, and it doesn't sit well with me. The club had a long, rich, wonderful history before our adventures of 2010-present.

It is sort of true though - sort of. Obviously yes, we had a a very rich history and had a very successful 90s with 8 trips to Wembley in 10 years, 2 play off wins and 2 League Cup wins.

But then we very nearly went out of business in 2002 and had a very bleak 6 years or so; we were in debt up to our eyeballs and Mandaric helped to steady the ship, then crucially found us the right owner in Vichai. 

Vichai absorbed our losses for about 4 years until we started making a prophet. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

It is sort of true though - sort of. Obviously yes, we had a a very rich history and had a very successful 90s with 8 trips to Wembley in 10 years, 2 play off wins and 2 League Cup wins.

But then we very nearly went out of business in 2002 and had a very bleak 6 years or so; we were in debt up to our eyeballs and Mandaric helped to steady the ship, then crucially found us the right owner in Vichai. 

Vichai absorbed our losses for about 4 years until we started making a prophet. 

Is this a Mahrez comment?

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Exactly. Not to be confused with the shit knock off you get in Quality Street.

Make sure you try the coconut bite from Pret if you like bounty, it's the same but with better stuff in it. So good if you are a fellow man of culture.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

All the shit that Bounty gets for being in Celebrations is bang out of order. Great chocolate that could sneak into the top 3 of that box.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Bounty is the GOAT. People are just too unsophisticated to understand it's island complexities.

Agreed.

16 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I try to avoid commenting on the bloke, as people don't often want to listen. But as I've posted over the years, this is very much the man I remember working with. It was cringy, I felt sorry for the female staff working with him.

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

Always thought the Bounty was the opposite of a Yorkie ie not for boys.

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yep. 

The confectionary equivalent of Campari and Soda.  

You should launch a new campaign: "Carnivores and Vegans Unite for Macho Confectionery" 

The lads do protest too much: i.e. a pair of closet transvestites.

I quite like both Bounty and Yorkie, which presumably makes me a hermaphrodite?  :whistle:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You should launch a new campaign: "Carnivores and Vegans Unite for Macho Confectionery" 

The lads do protest too much: i.e. a pair of closet transvestites.

I quite like both Bounty and Yorkie, which presumably makes me a hermaphrodite bi-sexual?  :whistle:

:D

1 minute ago, Buce said:

:D

I thought the correlation was between confectionery preferences and gender identity, not sexuality? 

Mind you, Boost is my favourite and I'd have thought that its combination of firm rigidity and soft interior would appeal mainly to bisexuals......so I'm now a bisexual hermaphrodite. :schlupp:

Quite how the gender and sexuality is categorised for someone who consumes Xmas Selection Packs, I don't know. I presume such products must only be available via the Dark Web?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I try to avoid commenting on the bloke, as people don't often want to listen. But as I've posted over the years, this is very much the man I remember working with. It was cringy, I felt sorry for the female staff working with him.

Once in the Pear Tree many years ago, I had to suggest his affections were better directed to someone of his own generation rather than two generations younger.

His look of complete annoyance as he walked away is what is see every time hes on the mic on match day

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I thought the correlation was between confectionery preferences and gender identity, not sexuality? 

Mind you, Boost is my favourite and I'd have thought that its combination of firm rigidity and soft interior would appeal mainly to bisexuals......so I'm now a bisexual hermaphrodite. :schlupp:

Quite how the gender and sexuality is categorised for someone who consumes Xmas Selection Packs, I don't know. I presume such products must only be available via the Dark Web?

You’ve caught me out, Alf. 

My understanding of the rules of bigotry doesn’t extend beyond the initial lazy joke. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Order of Celebrations:

1) Malteser

2) Galaxy

3) Galaxy Caramel

4) Snickers

5) Mars

6) Bounty

7) Milky Way

8) The wrappers

9) The tub

10) My own poo

11) Twix

Swap Twix and Bounty around and you're spot on.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

On 15 November 2018 at 21:48, Finnegan said:

Calling someone a c*nt isn't abuse, it's 2018 and we're not Americans. 

Find me someone under the age of, what, 35, maybe 40 that's never called one of their mates a ****. Honestly. Come on, it's a love tap. 

And if FIF didn't want a shitty response then he probably shouldn't have attempted to use the recent death of our chairman to trap a poster he doesn't like between either coming across as wildly insensitive or a hypocrite. Oops. 

This is a complete non issue, the only of you still talking about it are just doing so because you love Internet drama. Check yourselves forchrissakes. 

Anyone's welcome to call me a **** any time they please. Jesus, I thought my generation were meant to the be the snowflakes. 

Well stand aside people lol .

Finners, you're a ****.

You're also correct, so in actual fact an unhyphenated correct ****.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Don't drag this back up again Nick you cvnt ffs. 

I hadn't read the thread for a while and it opened on that page and I didn't notice the date until I'd already posted which makes me an ignorant, insensitive **** I know.

I however am just explaining my position however as I don't apologise to ****s.