Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

42 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Even if Puel turns out to fail here, we need to give him a decent go of it and then we can be sure

Southampton made a mistake. Their fans are clearly stubborn, but only a fool would swap their results last season for whats happening this season. They will never know what Puel could have done for them and we dont yet either

The fact that people want Puel out already attests to how effected they have become by the trigger happy manager sacking culture that now exists. Its getting ridiculous

I am pretty sure the owners will look at his vision. ..or will have already done so.  Progress will require stability

Give puel time. .... i dont care what southampton did.  His french references well all good

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I agree so far puel has signed 1 player let him have the summer to get the players he wants. I don't think he has the personel that he wants atm. The main argument southampton fans have was his negative football but they do accept he was dealt a bad hand - losing mane and pelle in the summer and then fonte in january, as well as vvd injured in the new year. The one thing everyone can agree on is we are in a better position than if Shakespeare had stayed. 

I don't want him to go, but neither do I buy the argument he hasn't got the players here. That's just a cliché, we've got a talented squad at LCFC now and he should be setting us up to attack with it

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I don't want him to go, but neither do I buy the argument he hasn't got the players here. That's just a cliché, we've got a talented squad at LCFC now and he should be setting us up to attack with it

Do we have a talented squad? Take mahrez and vardy out the side and we look very ordinary going foward. No one else scores regualar for us. I think puel is doing well with what he's got and take the 2 key players out and there's not a lot else there. 

44 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Do we have a talented squad? Take mahrez and vardy out the side and we look very ordinary going foward. No one else scores regualar for us. I think puel is doing well with what he's got and take the 2 key players out and there's not a lot else there. 

No, don't agree. We've got a wealth of talented central midfielders, and solid ball playing defenders as well as tricky wingers. To say we don't have a top 10 squad is a fallacy. Reason we look ordinary going forward is thanks to Puels boring management.

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, don't agree. We've got a wealth of talented central midfielders, and solid ball playing defenders as well as tricky wingers. To say we don't have a top 10 squad is a fallacy. Reason we look ordinary going forward is thanks to Puels boring management.

We'd be in the bottom 6 without vardy and mahrez. I have to disagree on a wealth of talented midfielders - james offers nothing, ndidi is a ball winner and gives possession away too easily, Iborra can be creative but lacks pace and silva is creative but lacks the build required for the Prem. Solid ball playing defenders - really wes? Maguire who thinks he's beckenbeur and gives the ball away too much. You can't honestly think we'd be in the top 10 without vardy and mahrez. Give puel time and the summer to get who he wants and we will be fine. 

If Puel's going to stay there needs to be significant changes. If we're in a situation where, as is suspected, some players are too comfortable and too used to getting their own way, Puel needs to be given the backing and authority to start moving players on. Give him the summer, get some of the donkeys out and sign players who are going to answer to Claude.

If we're going on struggle on with the same players who everybody can see shouldn't be playing, because behind the scenes they're all threatening to kick off and cause trouble if they're replaced, then the start of next season will be like this season, we'll struggle to a lower bottom half berth and Puel will be sacked in the autumn.