Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

Boring was the word being used when he came in and it's been exactly like that recently.

There were two fans sitting behind me today saying it's the most boring we've looked for some time, unfortunately I had to agree.

Draws at home to Swansea and Stoke, about 2 wins in 10 league games, simply not good enough.

Give him time but all I see is a bang average manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad it's not just me, I wasn't going to comment in fear of offending people or me not be allowed to have an opinion but as people have already stated, it's boring so I might aswell have my say.

Effective on occasions, treading water the rest of the time.

Edited by Matt

24 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Puel hasn't been given a chance to put his stamp on the team yet. He has had a few months where he has changed the style of player and taken us from relegation candidates to challenging for a european place. He's had once transfer window where nothing of note was spent. He at the very least deserves the summer transfer window to see how far he can take us. He's an excellent manager with excellent credentials, he needs to be given his chance.

Please explain to me how he's an excellent manager because right at this moment I can't see it. We are quite clearly going backwards. We've become boring to watch and seem to have no plan B if the idea of giving the ball to Mahrez all the time fails.

Let's see how we finish the season but right now he's got us playing relegation football.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, lee7 said:

As I said in another thread it's just like watching England! fine going sideways and backwards but barely create anything in attack. 

From 7th down the premier league is bang average. Anyone can beat anyone. 

Puel has said he wanted us to keep the ball a bit more and be more patient in our play rather than always going for the killer pass but the trouble is now we never go for the killer pass. 

I can't remember James or Ndidi trying a through ball along the floor today. 

If I had the choice of watching the dross they served up today or going back to defending and playing on the counter I would choose the latter every day of the week. 

We have winnable fixtures coming up but if we put in similar performances to those against Everton, Swansea and Stoke today then Puel could find himself on his way out.

Bang on from the first sentence, we get in good enough areas but it's our final ball, it's been shit far too often recently. We've been a team who's always liked to use the wings, yet our quality of delivery hasn't been good enough. Yes Albrighton got the assist today but the majority of his crosses were wack, Mahrez the same.

I said the other week on here, we're nothing more than a team that belongs in the 7th-10th bracket, will be good for some weeks, will be shit for some weeks and it's been exactly like that recently.

Is it all down to Ndidi and James though in terms of movement, if there is zero movement and zero options in front of you then the only option is to go backwards and sideways. I thought in the first half James and Wilf made some nice passes forward, especially towards the wide areas but then our final ball would let us down. The only options on were a pass to Chilwell, Simpson, Albrighton or Mahrez in the wide areas, in front Gray and Vardy were doing fvck all.

All our games from now till the end of the season barring probably Spurs away are all winnable, I said on here yesterday, the next two and a bit months will show how good Puel really is, at the minute though it's looking bang average.

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

Please explain to me how he's an excellent manager because right at this moment I can't see it. We are quite clearly going backwards. We've become boring to watch and seem to have no plan B if the idea of giving the ball to Mahrez all the time fails.

Let's see how we finish the season but right now he's got us playing relegation football.

Going backwards from where exactly. Before he came in we had a season flirting with relegation saved by a good run of results when shakespear took over followed by a half season where relegation looked likely again. Now on the other hand we're potentially only one point off a european place and would be higher without the whole mahrez tantrum. He has worked wonders in a short space of time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The last few home games in particular have been the 'boring' football we feared when he was appointed.

To be fair, the games are "boring" because the opposition won't come out of their shell.

• Like 3

Doesn' know his best 11...plays james in ront of silva drops dragovic for morgan..there is no game plan...no spark in midfield today and I thought it' only a matter of time before silva comes on...no shape..vardy isolated..at home to stoke not Barcelona...our owners don't muck about so if he doesn' improve he'll be gone...I'd get rid tommorrow 

Edited by Collibosher70
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bang on from the first sentence, we get in good enough areas but it's our final ball, it's been shit far too often recently. We've been a team who's always liked to use the wings, yet our quality of delivery hasn't been good enough. Yes Albrighton got the assist today but the majority of his crosses were wack, Mahrez the same.

I said the other week on here, we're nothing more than a team that belongs in the 7th-10th bracket, will be good for some weeks, will be shit for some weeks and it's been exactly like that recently.

Is it all down to Ndidi and James though in terms of movement, if there is zero movement and zero options in front of you then the only option is to go backwards and sideways. I thought in the first half James and Wilf made some nice passes forward, especially towards the wide areas but then our final ball would let us down. The only options on were a pass to Chilwell, Simpson, Albrighton or Mahrez in the wide areas, in front Gray and Vardy were doing fvck all.

All our games from now till the end of the season barring probably Spurs away are all winnable, I said on here yesterday, the next two and a bit months will show how good Puel really is, at the minute though it's looking bang average.

The cross for the goal was a sh*te one. Albrighton just got very luck that Butland decided to chuck it into his own net. 

Exactly! The only thing that defines us from the other teams placed 7th and below is a couple of special players in Mahrez and Vardy who are good enough to get in most of the teams in the top 6.

I worry that post Mahrez we will be relegation candidates rather than closing in on the top 6. 

As for Simpson and Chilwell both were reluctant to take on the Stoke full backs today. As much as I think Simpson is one of the best defenders in the league, going forwards he has to be one of the worst & doesn't really fit in with the style of play Puel wants. 

I agree completely, the next few months will be telling. 

Edited by lee7

Good thread.2 points from 12 very poor return.

Hes bang below average took 60 plus minutes today to work out that we were not going to beat them with the ball over the top and Gray was doing naff all.

Morgan should no way be in front of Drag likewise Simson for Amartey(although Simmo is adequate)

Kasper had another dreadful 20 minutes trying to win the game from keeper.

Vardy is making all the wrong decisions we had 13 corners and 20 plus crosses and our top striker nowhere near the end of any of them.

Diabete again looked very good showing moving the ball quick and going looking for the next move.Mile better than Gray already

We should have been playing through them and Silva would have been ideal today -didn't get on ?

Finally Chilwell very one footed and defensively suspect.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It seems like we are passing for the sake of passing. It doesn’t really go anywhere apart from sideways and back. No real urgency to attack until we are behind in a game.

Yes and no-one really wants the ball either, the backward passing was really awful today, most under hit too.