Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can imagine it, at times, being difficult for him to try to let what he is trying to say in training etc be understood by the players with his somewhat limited English language.

I don't buy it. He got Appleton and surely people around him to exactly translate what he has in mind.

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can imagine it, at times, being difficult for him to try to let what he is trying to say in training etc be understood by the players with his somewhat limited English language.

Pochettino could barely speak a word of English when he arrived in this country.  Doesnt appear to have been much of a problem for him...

Edited by Foxy-Lady
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 07:09, HighPeakFox said:

If it did turn out that the players are the domineering force as rumoured above, I'd find that profoundly depressing.

I would be as well. I've never bought into it but if Puel ends up getting the sack and the team remains similar to what it was when he came in then I'm going to think there's something in it. We've spent about £150mil since winning the league and at the weekend there were only two players without a winners medal in the side. That doesn't seem right to me.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 09:33, Babylon said:

Were we really set up negatively?

66% possession to 34%. 19 shots to 6 shots, 13 corners to 1. 

Stoke were set up negatively with two defensive cm's tasked with sitting in front of the back line and not moving. It forced us wide and we ended up having to cross a lot, which we don't have the strikers for against their brutes.

We could and should have still won the the chances we created, despite not creating anywhere near enough considering our dominance and the fantastic positions we got into.

If we were negative God knows what their fans thought they were.

We weren't negative, we were just too easy to defend against because we haven't got the personnel entirely suited to the way he wants to play. Consequently sides who sit back will get joy against us. It's a transition that may work in the long run, but I do fear in the short term it's costing us points.

I agree negative is very harsh.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We weren't negative, we were just too easy to defend against because we haven't got the personnel entirely suited to the way he wants to play. Consequently sides who sit back will get joy against us. It's a transition that may work in the long run, but I do fear in the short term it's costing us points.

I agree negative is very harsh.

Yeah, we were just too static in the final third. Not many runs until the final 20 minutes or so, and until Diabate came on. It sucks because not long ago I remember watching us play with so much fluidity and movement, so we know we're capable of it.

• Like 2

Dont think it really matters now, i think he will be gone by October latest.

This club has been appallingly managed at the director level ever since we lifted the premier league.

Until that is resolved not much will change on the pitch or on the recruitment side.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yeah, we were just too static in the final third. Not many runs until the final 20 minutes or so, and until Diabate came on. It sucks because not long ago I remember watching us play with so much fluidity and movement, so we know we're capable of it.

We are and i'm sure we still are, problem is when teams come and are only interested in defending it doesn't give us the space to exploit like we used to. People call us boring on here but by god we've a mile off how most teams are turning up here now and playing us.

I'm glad Puel mentioned intensity this week, you can't play the ball slowly and not have all the players on their toes making runs and showing for the ball when teams are coming here and playing like that. Life is far too comfortable for them when we do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Dont think it really matters now, i think he will be gone by October latest.

This club has been appallingly managed at the director level ever since we lifted the premier league.

Until that is resolved not much will change on the pitch or on the recruitment side.

People said he'd be gone by Christmas, then gone by summer, now it's October. We've lost 6 games in 28, in all competitions (two against Man City). There have been some frustrating draws of late when we've dominated team and not taken our chances. It's hardly sackable stuff.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

People said he'd be gone by Christmas, then gone by summer, now it's October. We've lost 6 games in 28, in all competitions (two against Man City). There have been some frustrating draws of late when we've dominated team and not taken our chances. It's hardly sackable stuff.

It really isn't even worth responding to.

With regards,

An Obliging Attack Dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Diabate's a breath of fresh air. Absolutely no way can Gray play a bigger role than him this weekend. Gray gets chance after chance and just doesn't do anything. Diabate doesn't look the finished article but he makes better decisions for sure.

• Like 2

The main issue imo is going with the old guard (james, morgan and simpson) which didn't seem the case when he first came in. Now it looks like player power has won over again if you believe it too be around. His selection tomorrow will show whose in charge. I hope there isn't player power at the club but I'd be surprised if there wasn’t. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The main issue imo is going with the old guard (james, morgan and simpson) which didn't seem the case when he first came in. Now it looks like player power has won over again if you believe it too be around. His selection tomorrow will show whose in charge. I hope there isn't player power at the club but I'd be surprised if there wasn’t. 

This.  This is exactly why Puel could be building his own gallows.  

Boring as ****.

I’d like to hear his excuses, hear him defend himself, give reasons, let him have the benefit of the doubt but I can’t.

I can't understand him when he speaks. I can’t understand his selections, tactics or what he’s doing on the pitch or as a whole.

I’m sure people will let a last minute equaliser forget several poor performances and paper over the cracks though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Claude you had bad luck with Amartey but still insisted on James and Ndidi. Why? :revenge: I am beginning to understand the frustrations that Southampton fans felt. No apologists for Claude and no more excuses please. :unsure:

He got nine games to go,  things have to change drastically,  but i just cant see it happening, so you say we have to give him a chance and another season, new season comes,  nothing changes,  what then? , we potentially have 19 more games to suffer under Puel :(

Edited by southfox66

I hate the team we are becoming. 

When he first came in we passed the ball quickly with one or two touches, the players movement was really good. 

Now though it's the opposite we move the ball slowly some players have 4/5/6 touches before passing the ball and our movement is shocking. 

From open play we create very little and the only ball Vardy receives beyond their last man is a 50 yard punt over the top. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It ain't Puel's fault that Armartey got injured and utterly ruined his game plan.

Sheesh.

All managers have to cope with injuries and plan accordingly.

• Like 2