Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Puel-come to the future

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

All managers have to cope with injuries and plan accordingly.

Agreed.

In previous weeks, Amartey was on the bench and would have been a natural replacement for Simpson, but today, Simpson didn't feature on the bench.

As such, he did have a plan to change if Amartey got injured (Chilly on, Albrighton moved back, back 3) and implemented it, but it utterly changed the way he had initially set us up.

People posting "Puel Out" and "look what Southampton had to put up with" appear not to be extending Puel any benefit of any doubt.

It's a shame.

• Like 1

From the same source who gave me the Mahrez info, board would serious be looking at giving him his P45 had we not found equalisers in the last two games.

Personally I think it's a shame as shit as we look at the minute and as baffling as some of his decisions are, he has taken us from a relegation battle to European contention on two fronts and that needs to be recognised. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

From the same source who gave me the Mahrez info, board would serious be looking at giving him his P45 had we not found equalisers in the last two games.

Personally I think it's a shame as shit as we look at the minute and as baffling as some of his decisions are, he has taken us from a relegation battle to European contention on two fronts and that needs to be recognised. 

What Mahrez info was that?

It doesn't sit easy with me sacking yet another manager but it's inevitable imo, whether it's now, the summer or early next season it's gonna happen because I don't see anything changing under Puel.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

What Mahrez info was that?

It doesn't sit easy with me sacking yet another manager but it's inevitable imo, whether it's now, the summer or early next season it's gonna happen because I don't see anything changing under Puel.

That'd he'd gone nuts at the initial Man City bid being turned down About an hour after it went in.

agreed if what I've heard is true he's on thin ice already 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If that's true then the board's a joke. I am in two minds about how far he can take us but if you do your homework on a guy and offer him the manager's job then at least give him something like a full season. Anyway, we're three points off probable European football so people need to get a bit of perspective, as crap as we've been the last few games a little bit more luck in the penalty area and we'd be seventh. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

This guy needs to start learning English ffs, his interviews are a disgrace. 

I've posted about this before.

His English isn't much worse than quite a few other Managers. 

Claudio actually had pretty poor English.

Puel just doesn't put any pzazz or, should I say, élan into it.

If he smiled, winked, gurned etc, whilst jumping about, and kept it to

"I very 'appy" 

"we try hard"

"next week is very important"

and

"Mahrez, ffff, he is crazy player but I love"

it wouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

If that's true then the board's a joke. I am in two minds about how far he can take us but if you do your homework on a guy and offer him the manager's job then at least give him something like a full season. Anyway, we're three points off probable European football so people need to get a bit of perspective, as crap as we've been the last few games a little bit more luck in the penalty area and we'd be seventh. 

I take it with a pinch of salt myself mate so I'd do the same, mahrez info was correct but I'm far from believing everything i am told, if Puel goes in the short term after a few bad results I might start to believe a bit more lol 

Just now, Vacamion said:

I've posted about this before.

His English isn't much worse than quite a few other Managers. 

Claudio actually had pretty poor English.

Puel just doesn't put any pzazz or, should I say, élan into it.

If he smiled, winked, gurned etc, whilst jumping about, and kept it to

"I very 'appy" 

"we try hard"

"next week is very important"

and

"Mahrez, ffff, he is crazy player but I love"

it wouldn't be an issue.

To the point where I’m agreeing with the missus to turn the radio off is tragic. Could help out sending my little one kip if he loses his job at city 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Outside the bit in bold that's something similar to Shakey this time last year.

Not that I want him to be shown the door just yet.

Just now, Blue ROI said:

Outside the bit in bold that's something similar to Shakey this time last year.

Not that I want him to be shown the door just yet.

It is, I think he was sacked a bit too early as well but I think you've got to look at the bigger picture a bit before pulling the plug and Shakespeare had us in the bottom three and our overall position despite our recent problems is not exactly bleak.

It's symptomatic of modern football but sacking someone after the first time they hit a bit of a hard time doesn't sit well with me.

Sorry but anyone who selects a shite 4-2-3-1 system( that incidentally we regularly ran all over in our title year) thus isolating the best striker in the country needs sacking.

I am no big time Charlie since title win type of fan but I want to get off my seat to fast attacking play that we have been used to for 6 seasons or so. Mid table and cup runs suit me so long as we have a real go all game not just in the last ten minutes.

This manager does not fit us I'm afraid. Seems too early to say that I know but in the position we are in why the hell are we picking this negative system? Why 2 defensive midfielders? If you want to play this foreign tippy tappey stuff go like Man City and play Ndidi in the Fernandinio role and pack the side with positive forward looking players and let off the handbrake for gods sake, what are we afraid of?

21 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

If we lose to West Brom and get knocked out of the cup then we should just **** him off. Get rid of Appleton too. We need to go out and find a real, long term solution with an existing backroom setup. Sick of this shite already.

Appleton had a 100% win record with us I believe

3 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

This guy needs to start learning English ffs, his interviews are a disgrace. 

And it’s not just the language barrier it’s the content of the interview, it’s boring cliches that have no relevance to the actual game!!

2 hours ago, indierich06 said:

If we lose to West Brom and get knocked out of the cup then we should just **** him off. Get rid of Appleton too. We need to go out and find a real, long term solution with an existing backroom setup. Sick of this shite already.

We need a long term solution so sack a guy after 5 months?

23 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

And it’s not just the language barrier it’s the content of the interview, it’s boring cliches that have no relevance to the actual game!!

Ranieri's interviews in 15/16 were cheese central. We won the league.