Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Mahmoud Hassan / Trezeguet ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

He didn't score a hattrick, and I understand scoring once from a rebound says little about his quality, but that long-range shot was beautiful.

Trezeguet can play on both sides, is two-footed, quick, skilled and also tracks back a lot.

The Trabzonspor game was his best effort last season (two goals, three assists), and it would be fatal to judge a player based on one single highlights reel, but the tendency is there.

If you're looking for a team-oriented player on the left, Trezeguet at age 23 is a fine option.

And we out of all clubs should be open for suggestions of players coming from "dodgy" or minor leagues. Remember Vardy, Mahrez, Kanté?

See what we did with Maddison?

I understand what you're saying, but there can only be so much money in the pot. Do we really need to spend more money on at best, another risk when we've got plenty of decent potential in that area already? Are there any other areas of our squad that are more of a priority? 

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I understand what you're saying, but there can only be so much money in the pot. Do we really need to spend more money on at best, another risk when we've got plenty of decent potential in that area already? Are there any other areas of our squad that are more of a priority? 

In terms of depth in squad, I sadly don't see the duo Albrighton/Gray as the long-term solution. As much as I would love Gray to fulfill this potential, his end product has been lacking for a while now and I'm not sure whether he's really progressed at all - could well be that he's loaned out to another team in 2018-19. And Albrighton isn't your typical attacking left midfielder, not a winger.

You think the money that we'd spend on Trezeguet makes him a risk? He'd come rather cheap, from what I understand. He's a full Egyptian international and two years older (and more mature) that Gray. I do think we need another left winger, be it him or somebody like Hazard.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

In terms of depth in squad, I sadly don't see the duo Albrighton/Gray as the long-term solution. As much as I would love Gray to fulfill this potential, his end product has been lacking for a while now and I'm not sure whether he's really progressed at all - could well be that he's loaned out to another team in 2018-19. And Albrighton isn't your typical attacking left midfielder, not a winger.

You think the money that we'd spend on Trezeguet makes him a risk? He'd come rather cheap, from what I understand. He's a full Egyptian international and two years older (and more mature) that Gray. I do think we need another left winger, be it him or somebody like Hazard.

Your right regarding Gray I think, but perhaps a good run in the side may make a difference perhaps?  Albrighton was more a recognised right winger until he adapted to the left and I still think he offers a great deal and is highly underrated by some. Diabate is very promising. We also spent 16m on Musa which is a cautionary tale on its own. Whilst there is always the odd gem (Salah being a prime example), there's possibly less risk buying from established football lower leagues like France or the UK, where scouting is easier, than the not so tested/reliable markets of Russia, or overhyped markets of Turkey and North Africa  (you'd perhaps even have to question Portugal with our past luck haha).

Having only seen 'Trezeuget' the odd bit in this World Cup (so perhaps I'm not being entirely fair) he's looked largely very unimpressive to me given his hype. Then we have the so called Turkish Messi/Salah (name dependent upon who the most popular player is at any given time). For me, the majority of these players tend to be all fur coat and no knickers in order to boost their price. It's an interesting subject and in no way am I suggesting I'm right. You probably have much more insight to me into this particular player whereas I'm being my usual biased pessimistic self ?!

I think we can forget about getting another player as gifted a player as Marhez as he's a one off, but like you, I think if we could get that uncut gem like he was, that would be great. Just doubtful about this chap  (is he 12m?). I'm suspicious of Turkish over hype , they do it with their carpets in Istanbul as well??!

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Your right regarding Gray I think, but perhaps a good run in the side may make a difference perhaps?  Albrighton was more a recognised right winger until he adapted to the left and I still think he offers a great deal and is highly underrated by some. Diabate is very promising. We also spent 16m on Musa which is a cautionary tale on its own. Whilst there is always the odd gem (Salah being a prime example), there's possibly less risk buying from established football lower leagues like France or the UK, where scouting is easier, than the not so tested/reliable markets of Russia, or overhyped markets of Turkey and North Africa  (you'd perhaps even have to question Portugal with our past luck haha).

Having only seen 'Trezeuget' the odd bit in this World Cup (so perhaps I'm not being entirely fair) he's looked largely very unimpressive to me given his hype. Then we have the so called Turkish Messi/Salah (name dependent upon who the most popular player is at any given time). For me, the majority of these players tend to be all fur coat and no knickers in order to boost their price. It's an interesting subject and in no way am I suggesting I'm right. You probably have much more insight to me into this particular player whereas I'm being my usual biased pessimistic self ?!

I think we can forget about getting another player as gifted a player as Marhez as he's a one off, but like you, I think if we could get that uncut gem like he was, that would be great. Just doubtful about this chap  (is he 12m?). I'm suspicious of Turkish over hype , they do it with their carpets in Istanbul as well??!

I completely agree with where you're coming from with this - there's certainly a lot to be said about buying from leagues with a slightly less substantial foundation than the likes of the UK and France. Our luck has been fairly strange I would say. Given the amount we're set to receive from the sale of Mahrez, a punt on a chap from a more obscure league might not be the worst thing. Ndidi alone is probably worth more than double the £16m we paid for him. I do think youth is pretty vital with these kinds of signings however. The thought of spending £15m+ on a 30 year old centre back playing in the Hungarian first division is pretty scary. That being said, we look to be doing it more sensibly these days. Touch wood. 

2 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

I completely agree with where you're coming from with this - there's certainly a lot to be said about buying from leagues with a slightly less substantial foundation than the likes of the UK and France. Our luck has been fairly strange I would say. Given the amount we're set to receive from the sale of Mahrez, a punt on a chap from a more obscure league might not be the worst thing. Ndidi alone is probably worth more than double the £16m we paid for him. I do think youth is pretty vital with these kinds of signings however. The thought of spending £15m+ on a 30 year old centre back playing in the Hungarian first division is pretty scary. That being said, we look to be doing it more sensibly these days. Touch wood. 

Agreed. I think Ndidi was a great signing but, possibly because of where we got him from, it was easier to evaluate him  and take a risk. The signings thus far appear solid with perhaps just a slight question mark over Perreira. That having been said, Puel has worked with him before and if he didn't think he could get a tune out of him and that he was a total dud, I'm sure he'd have voiced his opinion! Right back, proven centre half and a genune promising number 10, all seems good business thus far.

Judging from this World Cup only, he seems to often choose the difficult option.

Today he had time and space to take a touch and choose his spot. Instead, he goes for the first-time shot, trying to bend it into the top corner and it ends up missing by a mile. Granted, he may have thought a defender was near but if so that just shows a lack of composure.

In another game (I can't remember which) he was passed the ball square and was running on to it. He was under pressure in a great position for a first-time shot. Instead, he rolls it underneath his foot (why? no advantage gained in terms of gaining speed/momentum on the shot) before taking the shot which went nowhere.

So, he just keeps taking the wrong/more difficult option, either to look better when there was actually a simpler, easier and more effective opportunity available, or he's just not composed/good enough.

TL;DR: Not impressed

the kind of winger we go for, just not sure we need anymore wingers? Gray, Diabate, Albrighton…. Mahrez? with Maddison also very capable in that area. George Thomas could have an alright loan and perhaps put him in the squad the season after.