Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Mahmoud Hassan / Trezeguet ??‍♂️

Since I'm half Egyptian and followed Egyptian football for around 10 years let me give my verdict on him.

Pros: He can play on both wings. He has a very good workrate and has a lot of pace and energy. He's always running and he doesn't seem like he gets tired. He's not lazy and has a good attitude. He's also not selfish with the ball.

Cons: His end product in front of goals isn't amazing but he can score goals. He just needs a little work on that. His decision making is questionable but it's better than Gray and Mahrez.

Summary: He'll be a far more useful player than Gray. Sell Gray for 20m, bring Mahmoud in for 5m and you got yourself a real bargain.

3 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Since I'm half Egyptian and followed Egyptian football for around 10 years let me give my verdict on him.

Pros: He can play on both wings. He has a very good workrate and has a lot of pace and energy. He's always running and he doesn't seem like he gets tired. He's not lazy and has a good attitude. He's also not selfish with the ball.

Cons: His end product in front of goals isn't amazing but he can score goals. He just needs a little work on that. His decision making is questionable but it's better than Gray and Mahrez.

Summary: He'll be a far more useful player than Gray. Sell Gray for 20m, bring Mahmoud in for 5m and you got yourself a real bargain.

Better decision making than Mahrez yet you’ve stated it as a con ???

Edited by dbtcity

6 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Cuz it's still questionable at times:)

Ziyech is 10,000,000 times better - this figure has been verified by a certain ITK FT poster.

Edited by Guest

On 21/06/2018 at 11:08, FIF said:

Ziyech is 10,000,000 times better - this figure has been verified by a certain ITK FT poster.

Ziyech is near-godly, but plays in a different position and has thus different attributes, but hey ho. Apples and oranges and all that.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't see this guy being any kind of upgrade over Gray or Diabate, therefore surplus to requirements. Would be spending money for money's sake. 

You mean, as in having nearly two more years of experience and having scored 13 goals and dishing out seven assists in 31 matches for Kasimpasa, a rather mediocre Turkish Süper Lig club?

One of the revelations in that league last season, just watch his performance against Trabzonspor:

Quick, skilled, two-footed and team-oriented (looking for the open teammate more than anything). Impressive.

Egyptian footballers, attackers especially, are talented, on the rise and promise a very good return on investment, as disrespectful as it may sound.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You mean, as in having nearly two more years of experience and having scored 13 goals and dishing out seven assists in 31 matches for Kasimpasa, a rather mediocre Turkish Süper Lig club?

One of the revelations in that league last season, just watch his performance against Trabzonspor:

Egyptian footballers, attackers especially, are talented, on the rise and promise a very good return on investment, as disrespectful as it may sound.

Thanks for that.

Certainly had a good game! Looks great on the ball, excellent passing, shooting and vision - some real quality, though it did look a bit Men v Boys in terms of the space, time and quality of the opposition, but hey ho - you can only play against what is put in front of you.

I don't understand how people can put this guy down and rave about Diabate. 

I honestly don't mean to hate on Diabate but anyone denying he is still an unknown is being an idiot. He's played a tiny handful of games for us in which he has looked enormously raw with very dodgy end product. 

He's fast and chaotic and sometimes fun to watch, he could turn out brilliant, but he's also got a hell of a lot to prove. 

I don't see how that's any different to Trezequet who looks similarly fast, raw, energetic and hard working from what I've seen at the WC. 

He's done a lot more in the Turkish top flight against the likes of Besiktas, Galatasaray and Fenerbache than Diabate did in the French second division against glamour teams Chateauroux and Orleans. 

Again, I'm not particularly trying to slag Diabate off but people do need to get a pinch of perspective ffs. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Quick, skilled, two-footed and team-oriented (looking for the open teammate more than anything). Impressive.

In fairness the defenders did look like they were playing for a pub team after a night on the lash. I think even Musa could have scored a hatrick against these! If those are his best clips he's really not that impressive. Not worth the risk, we've arguably got better already.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:20, FrankieADZ said:

tbh for £5 million i think it would be worth a punt tbh, thats nothing really transfer fee wise no

Yeah great move lets just spunk out £5m it's nothing. Road to bankruptcy again. We have enough expensive shite here we don't need to add cheap shite.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yeah great move lets just spunk out £5m it's nothing. Road to bankruptcy again. We have enough expensive shite here we don't need to add cheap shite.

its not nothing in transfer terms, though i dont think he'll come to us mind, and he'd probably do a bit better than the £5mil we spunk on Ade badbuy back in the day dont forget weve wasted X amount on another players in recent times too who bombed too, 

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness the defenders did look like they were playing for a pub team after a night on the lash. I think even Musa could have scored a hatrick against these! If those are his best clips he's really not that impressive. Not worth the risk, we've arguably got better already.

He didn't score a hattrick, and I understand scoring once from a rebound says little about his quality, but that long-range shot was beautiful.

Trezeguet can play on both sides, is two-footed, quick, skilled and also tracks back a lot.

The Trabzonspor game was his best effort last season (two goals, three assists), and it would be fatal to judge a player based on one single highlights reel, but the tendency is there.

If you're looking for a team-oriented player on the left, Trezeguet at age 23 is a fine option.

And we out of all clubs should be open for suggestions of players coming from "dodgy" or minor leagues. Remember Vardy, Mahrez, Kanté?

See what we did with Maddison?

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

How good do you think the defending is in Ligue 2?

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't understand how people can put this guy down and rave about Diabate. 

I honestly don't mean to hate on Diabate but anyone denying he is still an unknown is being an idiot. He's played a tiny handful of games for us in which he has looked enormously raw with very dodgy end product. 

He's fast and chaotic and sometimes fun to watch, he could turn out brilliant, but he's also got a hell of a lot to prove. 

I don't see how that's any different to Trezequet who looks similarly fast, raw, energetic and hard working from what I've seen at the WC. 

He's done a lot more in the Turkish top flight against the likes of Besiktas, Galatasaray and Fenerbache than Diabate did in the French second division against glamour teams Chateauroux and Orleans. 

Again, I'm not particularly trying to slag Diabate off but people do need to get a pinch of perspective ffs. 

True words spoken here.

Personally see this as a possible Gray replacement if anything....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

I'd have him over Gray any day.

I'm inclined to agree but would need to see him in the Premier League first, as I think we've all seen players before look amazing on highlights reels and watched them live playing in other leagues - but the pace and physicality of the PL is the test and players can really be found out.