Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Williams to Man City?

According to the Guardian -right at the bottom

Tuesday's rumours

Today's rumours think it's getting louder

Georgina Turner

Tuesday October 18, 2005

IPB ImageIPB Image

Graeme Souness: egg on his face? Photograph: Matthew Lewis/Getty.

Arsène Wenger's slowly coming to the conclusion that selling Patrick Vieira might not have been his finest hour, and has proposed a spot of retail therapy in the new year. And having seen his side kept at bay by West Brom on Saturday, Baggies keeper Chris Kirkland is top of his list. About £5m should persuade Liverpool to part with the lad on a permanent basis, with a smaller chunk of the cash from Juventus earmarked for 16-year-old Serbian defender Slobodan Rajkovic, apparently.

Article continues

http://""' target="_blank"> Meanwhile, Liverpool have their own worries: they're struggling to give opposition keepers even a moment's employment and have only Peter Crouch and Djibril Cissé to ease their fears. Luckily for Pete, Rafa places the same blind faith in him that Sven-Groan Eriksson does, so is shopping for a defender instead. He's reported to have made a verbal agreement with Ivan Helguera, with a deal being done in January. The defender has fallen out with Real Madrid after they pulled the plug on his contract talks.Real will need all the extra cash they can lay their hands on, mind. Michael Ballack has apparently told Bayern they can stick their new contract because they won't meet his £120,000-a-week wage demands, and an almighty Hollywood-scale bidding war between Real and Manchester United is hotly anticipated. Although not by us, you understand.

Mido's been knocking on Martin Jol's door since Saturday afternoon, muttering something about a permanent contract. Roma are after £4.5m, and Spurs are unlikely to baulk at the price. They might be mildly displeased to hear, however, that young midfielder Johnnie Jackson is enjoying himself so much at Derby that he wants to make his stay there a permanent one.

The Mill's official favourite rumour of the day: Newcastle were apparently so disgruntled by their defeat at Wigan on Saturday that they spattered the changing room with egg and chutney sandwiches - paying particular attention to a photograph of referee Phil Dowd which was framed under the slogan 'Respect the ref'.

Wigan, however, are responding to their form in a far more professional manner: they've set about persuading a few more names onto their payroll. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Mario Melchiot find themselves on that list - and Huddersfield's Pawel Abbott is much talked about at the JJB, too.

And finally, Manchester City are hoping to sign Leicester's Gareth Williams in January. And as Leicester hope to sell him, we spy a happy ending.

Nice to here. He's far too good for Leicester City. His cultured passing and 360-degree eagle-like vision have been utterly wasted at Leicester City not to mention his awesome, never-say-die determination to recover the ball on rare occasions when he's dispossessed.

His vocal encouraging and uplifting of all around him is another feature and how he hasn't collected a bucketful of goals this season with those thunderbolt shots raining in from every direction must surely be down to a run of bad luck which is bound to end soon.

Why on earth it has taken so long for a Premiership side to recognise 24-carat pure gold in a football shirt they would never see at a standstill, I don't know, but is there any point trying to fight off the might of Manchester City?.

Visionary, devastating, determined, energetic, exciting, inventive .... is there a praising word in the English dictionary that does not add another quality to the man's vast repertoire. Take the phone off the hook Craig, .........come February! Don't forget now. :D:D:D

Nice to here. He's far too good for Leicester City. His cultured passing and 360-degree eagle-like vision have been utterly wasted at Leicester City not to mention his awesome, never-say-die determination to recover the ball on rare occasions when he's dispossessed.

His vocal encouraging and uplifting of all around him is another feature and how on earth he hasn't collected a bucketful of goals this season with those thunderbolt shots raining in from every direction must surely be down to a run of bad luck which is bound to end soon.

Why on earth it has taken so long for a Premiership side to recognise 24-carat pure gold in a football shirt they would never see at a standstill, I don't know, but is there any point trying to fight off the might of Manchester City?.

Visionary, devastating, determined, energetic, exciting, inventive .... is there a praising word in the English dictionary that does not add another quality to the man's vast repertoire. Take the phone off the hook Craig, .........come February! Don't forget now. :D:D:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Knowing our luck, this rumour will come true and he will go on to set the premiership alight.

Maybe not. :D

Pearce knows him from his time at Forest when Williams was one of their hottest prospects in their academy. I think we could shift him on for £750,000. I'd be a little upset as he has the makings of being a great footballer but if Levein feels he can't transform his game then get rid.

Pearce knows him from his time at Forest when Williams was one of their hottest prospects in their academy. I think we could shift him on for £750,000. I'd be a little upset as he has the makings of being a great footballer but if Levein feels he can't transform his game then get rid.

He maybe ok in the top flight where he will get more time on the ball to be creative :o

Pity. I hoped I'd talked him up to £3million :):):):)

Just to remind you lot as u seem to have forgotten that forest get around 40% of any transdfer fee after the tribunal to decide the fee we paid them made it arround £100,000 + a massive sell on clause

Just to remind you lot as u seem to have forgotten that forest get around 40% of any transdfer fee after the tribunal to decide the fee we paid them made it arround £100,000 + a massive sell on clause

Give him away. :):):) And get em to let us take a youth player of our choice by the end of next week as a token of goodwill!!!!.

I think I'm alone in still thinking that Williams is a good player. Like everyone else, I am annoyed at his failure to stamp his authority on a game, but would like to see him play now that we have two out and out wingers in the team.

Against Sheffield Utd on the opening day, he was one of our best players precisely because he kept the ball moving and spread it out to the wings (Wilcox or Sylla). It was only when we started to play a narrow side that his game dipped as he did not suit the formation.

Either way, I'm still not prepared to write him off just yet

I think I'm alone in still thinking that Williams is a good player. Like everyone else, I am annoyed at his failure to stamp his authority on a game, but would like to see him play now that we have two out and out wingers in the team.

Against Sheffield Utd on the opening day, he was one of our best players precisely because he kept the ball moving and spread it out to the wings (Wilcox or Sylla). It was only when we started to play a narrow side that his game dipped as he did not suit the formation.

Ditto. I wouldn't be too annoyed if Man City took him off our hands for a good price though.

We paid £500,000 for him and they have a 20-25% sell on clause.

I rate Williams and was his biggest fan but it's come to a stage where he's been here over a year now and he still hides alot in games. His performance at Derby was abysmal and considering he is ex-forest and forest hate derby you would think he'd have been up for it.

Levein needs to lay the law down with him and get him to put himself about even if he's not playing that well and then we'd have a great player on our hands. His passing is sublime at times, but his motivation is dubious and you can't have that in this league where it's all about who wants it the most and not necessarily about quality.

you may have a point there. Well spotted!

My pagan dreams are coming true that we will eventually not become the pop idol fantasists with the departure of gareth gates williams.

Having said that, hes been absolutely amazing and its only through the enourmouse brilliance of hughes that he cannot get in the team, £2,000,000 please Mr Pearce?

Archived