Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Cardiff Vs Leicester

Guest Cujek
3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It gives those thick middle class surveyor types the opportunity to say:

'he kicked a blade of grass and fell over' 

'you'd never see rugby players arguing with the ref' 

'football is ninety minutes of pretending you're hurt ; rugby is eighty minutes of pretending you're not' 

'pfftt, it's just millionaires kicking a bag of air' 

'real men play rugby' 

And all the other tripe they trot out loudly down the pub so everyone has to acknowledge they're middle class thickos. 

I played rugby for 20 years, from the age of about 7 or 8, till just about 30, when i started a job that didn't allow me to train all the time, i hung up my boots.

I hated the "sportsmanship" i hated congratulating the other team and making "tunnels" for them, i saw them as the enemy and hated interacting with them, my attitude was always much more suited to football, i just wasn't any good!

I have never in my life (apart from the world cups / six nations) enjoyed watching Rugby, you sit in the crowd with the opposition fans, clapping each other!? i don't get it, i never have, they look at you like you have shot a dog for no reason, if you dare to call the ref a willy puller, who has just made a shocking call.

A relative of mine, has actually won the premiership in recent times and even he likes football!

Rugby has its place, but the fans look down on football like its a subhuman sport and that is wrong, not everyone is a knuckle dragging lunatic just out for a fight, but if you cant goad the opposition then there is little fun in going to games.

There is also no singing, outside of the odd Tigers, Tigers, Tigers, show some passion boys, shout at the away fans, berate the ref when he makes a poor decision, revolutionize rugby! Please.

Rugby fans and footbal fans who slate each others sports are just as bad as each other with usually equally moronic comments.

There's pros and cons to watching both but anyone watching one and says 'you wouldnt see this at a football/rugby match' rather than supporting their team and enjoying the game is an idiot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Rugby fans and footbal fans who slate each others sports are just as bad as each other with usually equally moronic comments.

There's pros and cons to watching both but anyone watching one and says 'you wouldnt see this at a football/rugby match' rather than supporting their team and enjoying the game is an idiot.

It just makes me laugh, there's this weird minority of both that are completely obsessed with the other. 

Like the vast majority of rugby / football fans I know are fans of both, pretty normal people, probably a fair split of vaguely working class and lower middle class, if you want to be particularly specific about it. 

There's things that are better in both sports, the both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

But the obsessive inferiority complex of a handful of football fans and the countering obsessive superiority complex of a fraction of English rugby fans (off to play Wendyball are you mate ho ho ho) will always be weird to me. 

lol

I live in Cardiff so I know all about the bloody rugby. We used to get free wales tickets through work, but was advised not to request any more tickets when someone complained that all I did during the match was watch the Leicester game on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...