Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyB

The Football Index

21 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

So many different ways to (potentially) make money. I bloody love it. 

I tend to plough in more money than I can afford during what I perceive to be boom periods and then spend weeks filtering it back out!

limiting yourself is the best thing to do, I’m not disciplined enough for that though unfortunately. 

I was doing the same. When they did the share split I put a bit more in than I could afford. 

There is a max deposit option which has worked brilliant for me. 

I’m depositing an affordable £100 a month which I think of as savings.    

However it can get very frustrating waiting until you can deposit again when you really want to invest in someone specific ?

• 1 month later...
On 16/10/2018 at 20:08, JimmyB said:

Looks like he's gonna settle at about £2, probably a bit overpriced considering he's not playing in a PB league currently. I suppose you're buying into his potential though. If he breaks into the Leicester team next season and ends up in the England squad in a few years then he'd be worth £4-£5 plus inflation! Just like JM10. 

So this went well...

11 months ago Maddison was between £4-£5 a share, he’s now over £12 in old money. 🔥 

Barnes did indeed settle around £2, he’s now the equivalent of £4.74. 🚀 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Been getting into this the last few months. Made around 10% so far but things seem to have settled in the last month. Any advice for a beginner?

There’s several ways to play the game, most of which require a bit of research. 

If a team has easy fixtures coming up it’s players will rise. 

If a player gets injured, he’ll obviously fall, but everyone will pile into a player that could replace him in the starting lineup. 

Don’t be rash and ditch shares if the player hasn’t risen instantly, you presumably bought him for a reason, if nothings changed, be patient. 

I’d be wary of buying players outside the Premier League at the moment as every other league is going into a winter break. Prices will fall, when they do that’s the time to prepare your portfolio for the inevitable rises in the new year. 

There’s some great examples of young players being involved in pre season for the bigger clubs and having huge rises, many have now dropped off due to a lack of game time so probably best to get in and out unless you really want to hold the player long term. 

Patience for me is the key one though, I’ve sat on 400 Iheanacho shares since about September. He’s made me over £300 since the Everton game. He could have a stinker on Saturday and I’ll lose half that, if not he still has plenty of room to rise. 

C431F818-D913-4CC3-AE7D-9DFD4EC95056.thumb.png.9d30c4d8e91c3f40ca702e14f0b5ba1c.png

• Like 1

Also if you’re holding shares in Vardy I’d be a little concerned. His rise has been ridiculous, as soon as he doesn’t score in a game he’s gonna drop 25% minimum in my opinion. 

if he breaks his own record he’ll probably reach £2.50, if he doesn’t then he’ll plummet. 

Now does seem like a great time to get involved. In January last year they had £500 risk free promotion on, which they’re currently repeating. 

The market absolute flew so I’m hopeful it’ll be a similar story this year. Basically you can deposit up to £500 and if you lose money in the first month you just email customer service and they refund your losses, if you’re making money you carry on. 

Right now they’re also doing an improved referral scheme, which seems to be weighted to reward their longest standing users. 

Basically if you sign up (using the link and referral code I post below) then deposit and invest £50, you’ll get a bonus £50, as will I. It’s usually £10 each max. 

This apparently works in tandem with the £500 risk free offer and you can withdraw any time once you’ve received your bonus. 

Anyway the deets are below. 

£50 Bonus

271D24C4-7DF3-4452-A36D-3CFB5042C5C9.png

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Van de beek looking a good purchase? Possibly coming to premier league in summer so value will rise? 

Always wonder why I don’t lump on players like him and Ziyech, both were available for around £2 2 weeks ago. 

If he joins Utd then he’ll probably be pushing £4 by the time he kits ups, any other Prem team sees him above £3 I guess. 

Just worry what his price does if he goes elsewhere or stays put. 

On 12/12/2019 at 19:57, peach0000 said:

The main issue I have is knowing when to sell. Maddison is the one I’m thinking of selling as his price seems very high. Is there still potential for him to get higher. Also chilwell seems high for a full back so I was wondering if he’s got much potential to grow.

Did you sell? I do think he has the potential to rise as the Index itself grows but short term looks like a good decision if you got out in December. 

Biggest tip is to spend some time getting to know the market before you invest too heavily. 

Put in a small amount, trade in and out of a few players and watch tutorials on how everything works before getting too involved. 

I track all my profit (and loss) on a spreadsheet which I find really useful. Sometimes I think I’m having a torrid time but then I zoom out and realise I’m actually in profit over the last week or month. 

It really is a great platform and still in its infancy I think. Advertising on TV and at Premier League games is going to help growth moving forward. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What have people made of the Index since the implementation of the matching engine?

I’d actually had a pretty profitable lockdown period surprisingly but now my portfolio has completely stagnated. 

There’s so much money to be made if you can just keep ploughing money into buy orders but if you need to sell to buy you’ve got bob hope. 

• 6 months later...

Anyone still involved? Looks like it's finished after last night's announcement regarding dividend reductions. The company has been ran shambolicly the last year so I'm not surprised it's came to this. It's a great product & concept but unfortunately it's in the hands of Fraudsters. 

I'm luckily small time having invested around £5k over the past few years but I follow some big hitters on social media who have got (I should say did have) 6 figure portfolios so I really feel for them. 

1 hour ago, leicesterisme said:

Anyone still involved? Looks like it's finished after last night's announcement regarding dividend reductions. The company has been ran shambolicly the last year so I'm not surprised it's came to this. It's a great product & concept but unfortunately it's in the hands of Fraudsters. 

I'm luckily small time having invested around £5k over the past few years but I follow some big hitters on social media who have got (I should say did have) 6 figure portfolios so I really feel for them. 

I had about a grand or so in it at one stage. I've spent the last couple of years trying to get my money out. I managed about 800 pretty quickly but to this day I still have Hamza, Ndidi and Ricardo shares that I can't sell. They let everyone invest then they changed the rules so no one could sell. A scam all round. I'm surprised the media hasn't caught onto to what's happening.

5 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Yep still stuck with pretty much all the money that I’ve invested in the last 3 years, luckily I hadn’t been enjoying it quite so much recently so had stopped putting money in for about the last 6 months. 

As has been said it’s a great concept but clearly in the wrong hands, what they’ve done in the last few months has been borderline criminal, saying the company was in a great position financially just a few weeks back, minting new shares in players at high prices based on the existing dividend structure before reducing dividends by about 80%. 

Looking at twitter, people (understandably) are not gonna take this lying down. It’s a bloodbath. 

I apologise to anyone here that might have deposited on the back of my positive posts in this thread, I, and everyone I know never saw this coming, I’m absolutely gutted for everyone involved. 

Within 3 months I’ve gone from 150% profit  to 65% down, my portfolio is worth pretty much 1/6 of what it was at Christmas 🥺 and if I’m honest other than a bit of naivety it’s no fault of my own or other traders, solely Football index moving the goalposts and screwing people over. 

It’s a massive shame as it really did have the potential to be absolutely incredible. 

From what I read some of the bigger players in the market with more to lose are taking legal action which some people seem to think might result in people getting some of their money back. In my opinion the police need to be investigating and seizing assets because there's no way what's gone on is legal. It almost seems like an exit scam in the sense they minted loads of new shares at high prices then a couple of weeks later made them completely worthless and essentially destroyed the company. I'd like to know where all the money went from those shares they sold. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Yep still stuck with pretty much all the money that I’ve invested in the last 3 years, luckily I hadn’t been enjoying it quite so much recently so had stopped putting money in for about the last 6 months. 

As has been said it’s a great concept but clearly in the wrong hands, what they’ve done in the last few months has been borderline criminal, saying the company was in a great position financially just a few weeks back, minting new shares in players at high prices based on the existing dividend structure before reducing dividends by about 80%. 

Looking at twitter, people (understandably) are not gonna take this lying down. It’s a bloodbath. 

I apologise to anyone here that might have deposited on the back of my positive posts in this thread, I, and everyone I know never saw this coming, I’m absolutely gutted for everyone involved. 

Within 3 months I’ve gone from 150% profit  to 65% down, my portfolio is worth pretty much 1/6 of what it was at Christmas 🥺 and if I’m honest other than a bit of naivety it’s no fault of my own or other traders, solely Football index moving the goalposts and screwing people over. 

It’s a massive shame as it really did have the potential to be absolutely incredible. 

I definitely got involved on the back of this thread but I knew what I was getting into and I'm sure everyone else knew the risks. You don't need to apologise as far as I'm concerned. As you say no one could have envisaged what's gone on.