Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyB

The Football Index

I stumbled across The Football Index at the back end of last year and at the time did not realise how big it was going to become. It’s basically buying and selling shares in footballers who’s values rise and fall, but with the added feature of earning dividends based on performance and also them being in the media. 

I think I put in about £20 initially without really understanding what I was doing. I left it alone for a good 3 or 4 months and then returned after a bit of research and invested more cash. 

There have been several booms in the market in recent months and it’s possible another is just around the corner with TV ads featuring John Motson apparently hitting Sky Sports today. 

Has anyone else invested in this!?? I’ve had a search for any existing topics but found nothing. 

https://www.footballindex.co.uk/

Edited by JimmyB
Typo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2018 at 11:07, Heskey2011 said:

Screenshot_20180922-030745_Chrome.jpg

There’s definitely some Leicester bias in that portfolio! I think the best advice is to be patient, there’s been so many times I’ve ditched a player only for him to have a sharp rise in the following weeks. That said, wherever you put your money at the moment it seems to get good returns. 

I take advantage of all the deposit bonuses too, they’re basically free cash. I’ve put in more money now than I ever thought I would be the returns are fantastic. Myself and 2 close friends have all put in around £4500, I’ve got the worst profit at about £1350. One of them has a £7000 Portfolio from a £4500 investment in just 6 weeks. It’s absolutely ridiculous!

Honestly can’t recommend the Index enough, I’m surprised my initial post was ridiculed ?

My portfolio..

38798F73-2590-49C3-AAF7-FE350C6CDED2.png

I've started on this but only very small. Gone for younger players who are in first teams or have a lot of hype about them, and some others who are fairly young but playing in teams that are in Europe as well.

Not ready to risk hundreds of pounds so thought I'd get used to it before staking any more.

My portfolio consists of Ben Chilwell, Kasper Dolberg, Angel Gomes, Leandro Trossard (his price is shooting up every week), Marc Roca, Hakim Ziyech and some 'bankers' on Samuel Umtiti/Sergio Busquets.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've started on this but only very small. Gone for younger players who are in first teams or have a lot of hype about them, and some others who are fairly young but playing in teams that are in Europe as well.

Not ready to risk hundreds of pounds so thought I'd get used to it before staking any more.

My portfolio consists of Ben Chilwell, Kasper Dolberg, Angel Gomes, Leandro Trossard (his price is shooting up every week), Marc Roca, Hakim Ziyech and some 'bankers' on Samuel Umtiti/Sergio Busquets.

I’d say that’s definitely a good strategy, some of the top players have increased so much recently that they almost look untouchable unless you’re depositing thousands. Makes all the other players look great value.

If you have a player under a few quid that ends up near the top of the PB chart he’ll soar.

So many ways to play this game. At the minute it’s Keeping me entertained and making me money at the same time!

On that note, if anyone wants to get themselves and me a free tenner when they join, then use this link!

http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf/?tag=90784&name=JimmyB

?

I didn't no, I'm pretty sure Barca and Real will be after him sooner or later so he's a long term hold for me ;)

I like your Ronaldo's Jimmy :) i had him at about 6 quid before world cup and sold at 8-9quid when the juve move happened, thought he would plummet but done the opposite. 

It's been daft since Ireland joined I daren't sell anyone for fear of another serge, I sold my KDBs when he got injured and now that's up 2 quid. 

Very blue tinted speckys i do keep trying to sell my city players but am just sure they're undervalued so I just end up starting at their weekly monthly price graph and end up leaving it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15 October 2018 at 18:00, Heskey2011 said:

Harvey Barnes IPOing tomorrow at midday.

Looks like he's gonna settle at about £2, probably a bit overpriced considering he's not playing in a PB league currently. I suppose you're buying into his potential though. If he breaks into the Leicester team next season and ends up in the England squad in a few years then he'd be worth £4-£5 plus inflation! Just like JM10. 

On 25/09/2018 at 18:21, StanSP said:

I’m really intregued in this... how much did you put in to start off with? What’re the returns your seeing currently (should you take it)? 

@Heskey2011 same question to you too. 

Also, is it quite stable? Unless a player is coming towards the end of their careers and moves to the MLS, or has a very serious injury. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

36 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m really intregued in this... how much did you put in to start off with? What’re the returns your seeing currently (should you take it)? 

Also, is it quite stable? Unless a player is coming towards the end of their careers and moves to the MLS, or has a very serious injury. 

£10 but I also had a free £10 off a mate to use as well because of their referral.

Some of the players above I've bought have seen a very good increase in their stock.

Ben Chilwell - £1.71 to £1.93 (22p)
Kasper Dolberg - £1.60 to £2.06 (46p)
Angel Gomes - £1.59 to £1.82 (23p)
Leandro Trossard - £1.13 to £1.42 (29p)
Hakim Ziyech - £2.22 to £2.63 (41p)

Marc Roca - £0.74 to £1.23 (49p)

Roca & Trossard were tips from the person who referred me to the site. 

Regarding stability, I'd say purely depends on who you buy. Younger players with potential could be goldmines, but if they have a few shit games or aren't 'flavour of the month' and the attention in the media dies down, their stock might fall a little.

I got quite lucky with Chilwell as I got him before there was talk of him playing for England. I wish I did the same with Maddison though as well.

On 17/10/2018 at 16:07, Leeds Fox said:

It's stable as long as you spread out your investment, and have a little think about what players are worth, so right now Maddison is a good example he's hyped a bit at with England call ups and lestah goals but you wouldn't say he's better (more valuable/more potential) than Jesus at city, they're only 30p apart. 

I've gone with heart over head with my portfolio as I can't stand missing out when Leicester players go up in value or win dividends, and naturally I think most of our squad are absolute worldies so that's probably where I've lost most I had about 100 Vardys bought for 1.10p each, they've been worth less than pound since the world cup but I've held on as I'm sure he's going to bag a hat trick or be in the papers sooner or later, last week they (FI) announced a new way of getting dividens for goals and as a result Vardy's up about 30p so I'm quids in. I'll probably sell some after the arsenal game on Monday as he's not been this high for months.

Best tip i could give you would be to always buy on a mon/tues/wed and only sell on Fridays Saturdays or payday last day of the month, with out fail you always get a bump on those days.

• Like 1

*Best tip i could give you would be to always buy on a mon/tues/wed and only sell on Fridays Saturdays or payday last day of the month, with out fail you always get a bump on those days.

(Unless the player you're selling is playing on the Monday:)))) 

Tell us who you're buying and I'll jump on the band wagon, :)

I'm now onto scouting for January transfer potential (to the prem) as we're nearing that time of year. Mourinho targets usually get a lot of media coverage so maybe combative attacking defenders.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/06/2019 at 09:52, Ginger_Filbert said:

I started using this a couple of months ago. I have deposited £300 and have a portfolio of £460 already. Seems so easy to make money because the platform is constantly growing due to new advertising campaigns. 

Including sponsoring Forest ?

I genuinely believe it’s still early days for the Index. There’s so much room for growth. A year ago I was looking at the rises a lot of players have had and felt I’d missed the boat somewhat. I keep thinking we’ve reached the top but then it steps up another level. 

I’ve changed my trading strategy massively in the last few months, about half my money in the big boys chasing dividends and the rest in relatively young players with plenty of room for capital appreciation. Not gonna over trade which I’ve been guilty of in the past. 

22 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

I genuinely believe it’s still early days for the Index. There’s so much room for growth. A year ago I was looking at the rises a lot of players have had and felt I’d missed the boat somewhat. I keep thinking we’ve reached the top but then it steps up another level. 

I’ve changed my trading strategy massively in the last few months, about half my money in the big boys chasing dividends and the rest in relatively young players with plenty of room for capital appreciation. Not gonna over trade which I’ve been guilty of in the past. 

I’ve changed strategy too. I’ve always gone for youngsters looking for rises but as the market has slowed, I’ve now bought 30 Pogbas (still have youngsters too) and he’s topped MB 3 out of the 4 days I’ve owned and come second the fourth day, all whilst rising 21p a share. 

Ive limited myself to £25 deposit a week. The plan is to build up Pogba til the season kicks off (he’s had a big market drop and is rising again now)

Then sell him and use the money to look for IPDs selling again at the end of each month and reinvesting. 

26 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

I’ve changed strategy too. I’ve always gone for youngsters looking for rises but as the market has slowed, I’ve now bought 30 Pogbas (still have youngsters too) and he’s topped MB 3 out of the 4 days I’ve owned and come second the fourth day, all whilst rising 21p a share. 

Ive limited myself to £25 deposit a week. The plan is to build up Pogba til the season kicks off (he’s had a big market drop and is rising again now)

Then sell him and use the money to look for IPDs selling again at the end of each month and reinvesting. 

So many different ways to (potentially) make money. I bloody love it. 

I tend to plough in more money than I can afford during what I perceive to be boom periods and then spend weeks filtering it back out!

limiting yourself is the best thing to do, I’m not disciplined enough for that though unfortunately.