Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Potential Problems With Selling Tickets On

The Bournemouth game has once again brought up the argument of selling tickets on to gain the priority point. That’s all been discussed in depth before, so this isn’t about that.

But I’d be worried if I did that about the possible consequences, even if I sold at face value in good faith.

Obviously many people who do it, have no problems at all. But if it’s sold to a stranger and they then sell it at higher value, or it ends up in the hands of a tout and somehow it’s traced back to you, then you won’t be needing your priority points for a good while.

Or if the buyer gets involved in any trouble and somehow again the ticket is traced back to the original ST holder, I don’t suppose the club will be too sympathetic to that ST holder.

Interested to see if that worries people who do it?

Edited by Drew Peacock

12 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

The Bournemouth game has once again brought up the argument of selling tickets on to gain the priority point. That’s all been discussed in depth before, so this isn’t about that.

But I’d be worried if I did that about the possible consequences, even if I sold at face value in good faith.

Obviously many people who do it, have no problems at all. But if it’s sold to a stranger and they then sell it at higher value, or it ends up in the hands of a tout and somehow it’s traced back to you, then you won’t be needing your priority points for a good while.

Or if the buyer gets involved in any trouble and somehow again the ticket is traced back to the original ST holder, I don’t suppose the club will be too sympathetic to that ST holder.

Interested to see if that worries people who do it?

Not sure about away tickets but season tickets should not be sold, transferred, loaned or otherwise assigned to any other person (except with the club's express permission).

I assume similar T&C's apply for all tickets. 

I suppose if i loaned my ST to a Wolves fan (for example) who ends up acting like a nob and gets chucked out then the club would probably punish me as the ST holder?

I suspect most City fans fall into 3 main categories:

1.  Never pass your ST reference on, as the Club have told you not to, and it's against the law, and bad, and naughty.

2.  Pass it onto a friend, relative or work colleague who you know is a City fan, and can be trusted.

3.  Pass it on to any Tom, Dick or Harry - who could be a tout, hooligan or rival fan.

Option 1. is a bit too goody-goody for me,

Option 2. seems fine.

Option 3, is potentially asking for trouble, and you probably shouldn't really do it.   Besides most normal people have got enough friends or relatives to us a ticket surely?

• Like 1

It's a difficult one for me. Over the last 3 seasons I have sold 4 tickets. In each case I bought the ticket for myself with the intention of being bale to attend, however for work/personal reasons something has stopped me from attending on all 4 occasions. As a result I resorted to selling the tickets as the club wouldn't accept returns, however I research the buyers as far as possible (for example on here I do check their past forum posts by quantity and quality to check they are an LCFC fan, and if on the facebook group I check their profile for the same reasons). Obviously neither option is 100% guaranteed to work, and there is risk involved, but it's an educated guess that the person buying my ticket is genuine. 

However...I think there's a big difference between the above and those that buy tickets for every game with the intention to sell on from the outset to gain priority points. For me it's a moral issue rather than anything else, however I appreciate people have differing views on it. 

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I suspect most City fans fall into 3 main categories:

1.  Never pass your ST reference on, as the Club have told you not to, and it's against the law, and bad, and naughty.

2.  Pass it onto a friend, relative or work colleague who you know is a City fan, and can be trusted.

3.  Pass it on to any Tom, Dick or Harry - who could be a tout, hooligan or rival fan.

Option 1. is a bit too goody-goody for me,

Option 2. seems fine.

Option 3, is potentially asking for trouble, and you probably shouldn't really do it.   Besides most normal people have got enough friends or relatives to us a ticket surely?

Yeah this is about right and obviously the club must know people lend their season tickets to friends and family etc and this is fine most of the time.

It does kind of annoy me when people sell their season tickets for a match they can't attend but try and get the "full" ticket price in return. So my pro rata price per game for my ST is around £20 I think. But the match ticket price may be double that. So if a ST holder can't go, there's no way they should sell it for more than £20 - but I've seen people try exactly that on this site.

I tend to just give mine to friends or family if I can't make it.

I think there is a difference between passing on a ticket to friends or family of selling at face value (or pro-rata for STH's) to genuine fans and profiteering - the latter should not be tolerated by the Club or anyone on this forum.  I'd rather see a seat filled than empty but nobody should be profiting from that or risking their membership/ST.

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The club could of course help and introduce a ticket exchange platform. This is done by numerous English and German clubs. However they won’t. 

Won’t/can’t. This was actually in last seasons STH brochure but they couldn’t deliver it. They are still working on it but I’d be amazed if it’s this season.

On 17/08/2018 at 07:19, Yes N'Didi said:

Won’t/can’t. This was actually in last seasons STH brochure but they couldn’t deliver it. They are still working on it but I’d be amazed if it’s this season.

Unlikely as they thought they had it cracked then the change in data rules moved the goal posts a little. Apparently Brighton have 1 and the club are monitoring it to see how and if it works.

5 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Unlikely as they thought they had it cracked then the change in data rules moved the goal posts a little. Apparently Brighton have 1 and the club are monitoring it to see how and if it works.

If only there was a supporter with the expertise to run a ticket exchange properly. The club could then employ him - or her- as a SIGN that they want to do so. Anyone on here know a potential candidate?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bayfox said:

It's all bullshit really - there are clubs which have been running these systems for years. It's not new technology. 

Huddersfield were very vocal in advertising when we played there last season. They've been about in Germany for a while because the clubs want to stop viagogo being used. 

• 1 month later...