Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

LEVEIN NEEDS LONGER...

In answer to singh 1 - Depends on if things improve or not, before I was saying he needs at least till next christmas but there is a limit to what is acceptable. 2 - If we bottom 3 at christmas I would say sack him, there are plenty of reasons which justify why we shouldnt be expecting automatic promotion but we have a squad capable of better then 18th position.

I don't think we should get rid of Levein just yet but being honest with you all, I don't think he is up to it. I think he'll always win us enough games to keep us up, because now and then the opposition somehow manages to play even worse than us... I just can't see him getting us where we want to go.

It's frustrating because as people have said, he has done a lot for the club in terms of reinventing the squad, which needed doing.. he also seems to have had a fairly positive effect on the infrastructure of the club, with the academy yielding results.

Unfortunately, he lacks too many things as a manager... things which he seemingly isn't working on and I don't see improving. He can't seem to motivate his teams and he is tactically inept to the point that he is fairly regularly out thought by other managers in this division.

I don't think we should get rid of Levein just yet but being honest with you all, I don't think he is up to it. I think he'll always win us enough games to keep us up, because now and then the opposition somehow manages to play even worse than us... I just can't see him getting us where we want to go.

It's frustrating because as people have said, he has done a lot for the club in terms of reinventing the squad, which needed doing.. he also seems to have had a fairly positive effect on the infrastructure of the club, with the academy yielding results.

Unfortunately, he lacks too many things as a manager... things which he seemingly isn't working on and I don't see improving. He can't seem to motivate his teams and he is tactically inept to the point that he is fairly regularly out thought by other managers in this division.

What a lot of us City fans seem to forget is that the squad Craig Levein has assembled aint that bad. The genuine optimism at the start of the season reflected this. The problem, unfortunately, is that the manager is not getting the best out of them. Even the most die-hard "don't change the manager" supporters can't deny that........

Will stay behind as long as he doesn't lose today, will not tolerate losing to the scum, not just because I hate him because they have a poor poor side. What I dont get about you lot us all this who do we replace him with rubbish. there is a Abundance of managerial quality in League one we could steal. Steve Tilson would be right at the top of my list, and I dont see him staying at Southend if we want him somehow. The bloke has worked wonders there.

Looking at the Hearts fans comments on Levein you can certainly recognise some of the faults. Espically players out of postion. some of signing have been poor some havent. Tatically inept? at times yes. Arrogant S*D, again at times.

Is his side going to get better? I really dont think so until he makes some changes, Gerrband, Shehan, Joey all need to start. Also another striker is needed in January look how many Leeds have, Cresswell, Hulse, Ricketts, Healy, Blake as crap as he may be, im sure ive missed one out as well but u get my point. Sheff United top of the league, Webber Kabba, isnt Shipperly there? Shaw Lee all in back up. our 4th choice striker is 15 FFS. Will he address this problem? i somewhat doubt it. I like De Vries, but he isnt going to score more goals then 75% of the players named above.

Wheres the ambition? he can still Loan players why doesnt he go out and do it? we have one loan player! why not go out and try and bring another striker in?

as I said, in the short term, today will make my mind up, losing at home to them will be too much to take, Long term we need to improve on last years postion and push on for a top 12 finish next season.

Archived