Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nwl fox

Roku vs Amazon Firesticks

I've recently invested in a Roku Tv firestick having had the Amazon equivalent for a while. I'd read a few reviews online in which it came out favourably. Personally i've find found it a slightly more awkward setup with less capability, i'm aware of there being hidden channels but i've struggled to find or install anything that gives me the same sort of features and content i have access to on the Amazon firestick. I do suspect it is capable of more than i'm getting from it at the moment, does anyone else use Roku and have any tips? Also, interested to know views of other people who use both on pros and cons of each device.

On 10/10/2018 at 22:51, Webbo said:

doh! bit of the bleeding obvious when you post that. 

Roku being the Japanese word for 6 > We Will Rock You topping out at 6 in the Irish music charts > Ireland being home to the Irish Wolfhound > Irish Wolfhounds being the dog breed most admired by British explorer Percy Fawcett > who explored much of the Amazon region finally dying in a place called Dead Horse Camp > coincidentally "Firestick" being the name of a currently dead horse, formally a  pedigree chestnut mare racehorse > the horse's most famous admirer being the Queen Mother > the Queen Mother being the mother of the Queen of England > Queen of England being named after the aforementioned glam rock group responsible for the aforementioned song.

Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the upswing, but i get there eventually.