Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Abusive Posts

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Depends who makes them. 

If chosen members overstep the line then posts are merely deleted. 

If other ( more interesting and usually more intelligent ) posters breach a rule then an immediate ban is handed out. 

Hope this helps. 

For me as long as someone isn't being abusive then there is little reason for anything to be done.

Edited by peach0000

I’ve got countless examples of abuse toward myself being tolerated and I’m certain I’m not alone. 

Im certain if I was abusive ( which would be very unlike me ) it would be a different story. 

I always feel mods have members who they favour over others (maybe a personal connection) but this is completely wrong on a public forum. 

• Like 1

The irony will be appreciated when this is deleted with no response by a nameless mod. 

There was already a thread in forum support where I could have asked my questions but it had already been closed by someone for no clear reason.

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It seems to me that we are at the mercy of mods. To me it is wrong that mods use their powers to delete posts and ban people that share a different opinion to their own.

I agree, it would be wrong. It's never happened once on here to my knowledge.

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I’ve reported a number of abusive posts and at best they get deleted. Please can someone explain why I get banned when I am not abusive and yet some members get free rein to abuse me and some others ?

You can't discuss lcfc without causing mayhem, happens every time you return.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I agree, it would be wrong. It's never happened once on here to my knowledge.

You can't discuss lcfc without causing mayhem, happens every time you return.

I reported the abuse of myself

i abused no one. 

So you ban me, delete the evidence of their indiscretion and they are allowed to carry on. 

You’ve tarred me with that brush so I now have the choice of agree with idiots or be banned. 

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Abuse or troll posts mainly.

i get the abuse bit, if people feel the need to abuse someone on a forum they really need to have a look at themselves however the troll bit seems rather subjective. Earlier in the day I posted something that was clearly a joke which was deleted. In my many years of contributing here this is the first time anything like this has happened so I just genuinely wanted some clarifications on the 'rules' surrounding what is and isn't allowed. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

i get the abuse bit, if people feel the need to abuse someone on a forum they really need to have a look at themselves however the troll bit seems rather subjective. Earlier in the day I posted something that was clearly a joke which was deleted. In my many years of contributing here this is the first time anything like this has happened so I just genuinely wanted some clarifications on the 'rules' surrounding what is and isn't allowed. 

We can break the system. Try abusing me. Something has to give !

Actually we would probably both be banned. 

• Haha 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

I've never had a warning or ban and I don't intend to start now. 

I’ve never abused anyone or knowingly broken any rules and I’ve had countless bans without warning whilst others flagrantly abuse me with no repercussions. 

The_77 is the latest but there has been a fair old list. 

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Its a shame one post gets deleted and then you think we delete posts just because we disagree with it, but I'll explain, this was the post

peach.thumb.png.f79fc3ad87295377242aa5f39c995b25.png

which led to 

peach1.thumb.png.b1a1feae14daa3000855638e7ccfafa9.png

and 

peach2.thumb.png.481c2a921e4a64c4d71d52af71267f38.png

Sometimes when this happens, a troll post which gets a reaction from other members (who are genuinely just looking for news - one day left of the transfer window remember ) and then starts to take over the topic, they'll be deleted. What if someones visiting the topic looking for an update and theres two pages of reactions to a troll post? It is annoying and time consuming to sort out, but its better than having 2-3 pages of this just because someone thought they'd make something up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Its a shame one post gets deleted and then you think we delete posts just because we disagree with it, but I'll explain, this was the post

peach.thumb.png.f79fc3ad87295377242aa5f39c995b25.png

which led to 

peach1.thumb.png.b1a1feae14daa3000855638e7ccfafa9.png

and 

peach2.thumb.png.481c2a921e4a64c4d71d52af71267f38.png

Sometimes when this happens, a troll post which gets a reaction from other members (who are genuinely just looking for news - one day left of the transfer window remember ) and then starts to take over the topic, they'll be deleted. What if someones visiting the topic looking for an update and theres two pages of reactions to a troll post? It is annoying and time consuming to sort out, but its better than having 2-3 pages of this just because someone thought they'd make something up.

I accept that I probably shouldn't have posted it but it lead to 4 posts and no one was taking it seriously. Compare that to things that have been said in that thread by people who are saying things claiming to be ITK then the line seems very hard to draw. But thank you for taking the time to reply to me, I appreciate the time you spent answering with detail :)

Has Webbo decided to delete his account on here (not on member map) and off the moderator list)?

Like Mark has done already, he could've has his own reasons for this and answer these questions effectively.

I've often felt that the more regular posters get special treatment on here and you can get banned with no explanation, sometimes not knowing what you did at or, or sometimes knowing you've come close to the line but and been banned but then feeling aggrieved seeing the FT regulars going way beyond and being allowed to get away with it.

However it's a hard job for the mods and not some sort of conspiracy and I imagine decisions have to taken quickly to support one arguing party or the other, otherwise abusive posts / troll posts stay on Foxestalk and mess up threads for other posters playing by the rules. Fair play to Mark for coming in here and explaining.