Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum update / missing posts 21 february

Unfortunately posts made between 12 and 9 this morning have been lost.

I ran an upgrade last night and only realised this morning that it failed and needed sorting, but then the backup for the site didn't work until the fourth time, sorry about the downtime !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quite concerning that the back-up failed to work for a few times initially, tbh.

Wasn't there a time where about a few months or so worth of posts and topics were erased due to a similar problem?

Bet you were :sweating: quite a bit upon the realisation of it this morning..:P

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wasn't there a time where about a few months or so worth of posts and topics were erased due to a similar problem?

A few years ago I think, I somehow managed to press delete on the last thing you'd want to press delete on. :blush:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mark said:

Unfortunately posts made between 12 and 9 this morning have been lost.

I ran an upgrade last night and only realised this morning that it failed and needed sorting, but then the backup for the site didn't work until the fourth time, sorry about the downtime !

best 9 hours in the sites history :)

Don't know if it is due to the reset but Tweets are not showing (apart from the links) for me yesterday evening and today. No biggie for me but thought you might want to know.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

The site still seems to have a problem - I hope it's nothing too impossible, can't be a nice thing to deal with.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Don't know if it is due to the reset but Tweets are not showing (apart from the links) for me yesterday evening and today. No biggie for me but thought you might want to know.

Link me to the issues please

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

Link me to the issues please

For example, this morning I read one post of many new ones, and then I was told there was no unread content immediately after. Also, normally when one clicks on 'Next unread topic' you are told what that topic is - that seems not to be the case currently.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm on a pc, using chrome and windows. No changes from yesterday. If it's only me though no problems.

Try clearing cache etc and see if they show then

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For example, this morning I read one post of many new ones, and then I was told there was no unread content immediately after. Also, normally when one clicks on 'Next unread topic' you are told what that topic is - that seems not to be the case currently.

There was a task running earlier that might have caused that, did the unread topics appear back? Those titles have been removed for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...