Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Forum update / missing posts 21 february

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately posts made between 12 and 9 this morning have been lost.

I ran an upgrade last night and only realised this morning that it failed and needed sorting, but then the backup for the site didn't work until the fourth time, sorry about the downtime !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite concerning that the back-up failed to work for a few times initially, tbh.

Wasn't there a time where about a few months or so worth of posts and topics were erased due to a similar problem?

Bet you were :sweating: quite a bit upon the realisation of it this morning..:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

 Wasn't there a time where about a few months or so worth of posts and topics were erased due to a similar problem?

A few years ago I think, I somehow managed to press delete on the last thing you'd want to press delete on. :blush:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mark said:

Unfortunately posts made between 12 and 9 this morning have been lost.

I ran an upgrade last night and only realised this morning that it failed and needed sorting, but then the backup for the site didn't work until the fourth time, sorry about the downtime !

best 9 hours in the sites history :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if it is due to the reset but Tweets are not showing (apart from the links) for me yesterday evening and today. No biggie for me but thought you might want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

The site still seems to have a problem - I hope it's nothing too impossible, can't be a nice thing to deal with.

 

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Don't know if it is due to the reset but Tweets are not showing (apart from the links) for me yesterday evening and today. No biggie for me but thought you might want to know.

Link me to the issues please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

 

Link me to the issues please

 

All the tweets in "in the news" are just links, before yesterday they showed the tweets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

All the tweets in "in the news" are just links, before yesterday they showed the tweets. 

What device? The tweets are showing for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on a pc, using chrome and windows. No changes from yesterday. If it's only me though no problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mark said:

 

Link me to the issues please

For example, this morning I read one post of many new ones, and then I was told there was no unread content immediately after. Also, normally when one clicks on 'Next unread topic' you are told what that topic is - that seems not to be the case currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm on a pc, using chrome and windows. No changes from yesterday. If it's only me though no problems.

Try clearing cache etc and see if they show then

 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For example, this morning I read one post of many new ones, and then I was told there was no unread content immediately after. Also, normally when one clicks on 'Next unread topic' you are told what that topic is - that seems not to be the case currently.

There was a task running earlier that might have caused that, did the unread topics appear back? Those titles have been removed for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Try clearing cache etc and see if they show then

 

There was a task running earlier that might have caused that, did the unread topics appear back? Those titles have been removed for some reason.

No, they've not come back as unread I don't think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...