Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban fox

who would we replace in top six?

47 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think your selling the whole thing short in terms of demographics, the city is a reasonable size, especially when you consider we are a one club city. We’ve got plenty of fans in the county which has a population of 1 million and decent fan bases in Nuneaton and parts of Northamptonshire like Kettering, among other places. Plus Fan base on the whole isn’t as an important discussion as it used to be either, domestically at least. 

I do agree whilst not impossible the vision of cracking and maintaining a place in the top six is an ambition we will struggle to achieve.

Yeah - basically we take support from the city & county, as we always have. And our crowds reflect that. It's about what you'd expect for a pretty successful side.

I just think we'd struggle to attract more than say 35 maybe 40,000 even if we competed higher up the table.

I've read stuff on here that assumes we could attract support from all over the Midlands (if we're the top midlands team). Even from Cov (if they fold).

This is what strikes me as delusional. At heart, football is about place, not success. Would we support Cov if they were doing well and we were in the National League? Don't think so...

Nothing wrong with ambition, but we are what we are. A mid-sized club from a mid-sized place.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's what makes our triumphs so sweet.

• 3 months later...