Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

7 minutes ago, Frost said:

This is absolute nonsense. Ulloa has a much better all round game. Slimani could barely trap a ball or even jump for it half the time. Not sure why you're on about league/international comparisons either. How different is the Championship to the Portuguese league bar the big three?

Ulloa is Argentinian so no chance he plays for them but I'd imagine he'd have started for Algeria 60 times just like Slim.

When has Slimani scored regularly in the CL or EL? (I'm intrigued) and banging in 31 goals in Portgual doesn't say much for the standard of the league to be honest. Between Slimani and Cenk Tosun they're the worst PL forward transfers in about the last decade given the price tag.

And Slim managed a single goal in Turkey last season lol

Ok I'll entertain you. let's for some weird arguements sake forget international football, the Portuguese league, the champions League and the Europa League.

Even at Leicester where Slimani had a difficult time trying to dislodge Vardy etc Slim still averaged a goal every 170 minutes. Leo who argueably had the best years of his career here managed a goal every 230 minutes. 

43 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ok I'll entertain you. let's for some weird arguements sake forget international football, the Portuguese league, the champions League and the Europa League.

Even at Leicester where Slimani had a difficult time trying to dislodge Vardy etc Slim still averaged a goal every 170 minutes. Leo who argueably had the best years of his career here managed a goal every 230 minutes. 

I think it's tough for anyone to justify that 'in terms of footballing ability and talent they are streets apart'.

2 hours ago, Frost said:

I think it's tough for anyone to justify that 'in terms of footballing ability and talent they are streets apart'.

I think it's tough to justify it the other way. Slimani has been far more prolific. played for bigger clubs scored 27 goals in 64 international games (for some perspective Mahrez has 13 in 53) and has a far superior goals per game minutes ratio at Leicester and pretty much at every other club (fenabache aside) he's been at.

I love Leo he's etched his name into Leicester City history and I've always seen his qualities and stuck up for him on here when people have had a pop on here and on the other side of the coin I'm no slimani fan he's a stroppy nobhead who never fit it with our style of play or player culture but.... Even I can see that he's a much better footballer. And it's not just me Slimani at 31 is playing for Jardim at Monaco ulloa at 31 went to the Mexican league.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think it's tough to justify it the other way. Slimani has been far more prolific. played for bigger clubs scored 27 goals in 64 international games (for some perspective Mahrez has 13 in 53) and has a far superior goals per game minutes ratio at Leicester and pretty much at every other club (fenabache aside) he's been at.

I love Leo he's etched his name into Leicester City history and I've always seen his qualities and stuck up for him on here when people have had a pop on here and on the other side of the coin I'm no slimani fan he's a stroppy nobhead who never fit it with our style of play or player culture but.... Even I can see that he's a much better footballer. And it's not just me Slimani at 31 is playing for Jardim at Monaco ulloa at 31 went to the Mexican league.

Your stats only tell half the truth.

The comparison between Slimani and Mahrez is a bit far-fetched, as the two play in different positions and strikers are more likely to score goals than midfielders/wingers, anyway.

Also, Slimani has a two-year headstart in the national team over Mahrez, and he's three years older.

Slimani may be the better footballer, but Ulloa will be remembered for scoring more crucial goals for us, at least for making it 2-2 against West Ham at home with a man down, keeping that unbeaten streak up in the title-winning season. He assisted Vardy for our second goal in the 2-2 draw at Stoke, a goal and an assist at Newcastle away. The winner against Norwich at home.

Add to that five goals in our first five matches in the 14/15 season, two against Manchester United in the epic 5-3 home win.

He later had a less important role in our system due to the emergence of Jamie Vardy, hence the drop in stats.

Slimani always gave me the impression that he thought he would just walk straight into the starting XI, solely based on his transfer fee. His arrogance and off-pitch demeanor have cost him dearly. Can't play team sports with such an attitude.

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Your stats only tell half the truth.

The comparison between Slimani and Mahrez is a bit far-fetched, as the two play in different positions and strikers are more likely to score goals than midfielders/wingers, anyway.

Also, Slimani has a two-year headstart in the national team over Mahrez, and he's three years older.

Slimani may be the better footballer, but Ulloa will be remembered for scoring more crucial goals for us, at least for making it 2-2 against West Ham at home with a man down, keeping that unbeaten streak up in the title-winning season. He assisted Vardy for our second goal in the 2-2 draw at Stoke, a goal and an assist at Newcastle away. The winner against Norwich at home.

Add to that five goals in our first five matches in the 14/15 season, two against Manchester United in the epic 5-3 home win.

He later had a less important role in our system due to the emergence of Jamie Vardy, hence the drop in stats.

Slimani always gave me the impression that he thought he would just walk straight into the starting XI, solely based on his transfer fee. His arrogance and off-pitch demeanor have cost him dearly. Can't play team sports with such an attitude.

We are pretty much on the same page mate who contributed more to Leicester isn't even a conversation. I included Mahrez because despite different positions Leicester fans know how much of a goal scorer he can be when firing.