Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Slimani

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Controversial opinion but...... I reckon he should be given a second chance. His first season with us was plagued with injury but he still managed a decent goal return even scoring in the champions league. Then all of a sudden he's written off by everyone. There's a top quality player in there somewhere, we just need to help him to find some form and confidence.

I don't think we have the time any more. He's only got 2 years left on his contract, and he's 31 soon. We'd probably just prefer him off the books - provided we can get rid.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Controversial opinion but...... I reckon he should be given a second chance. His first season with us was plagued with injury but he still managed a decent goal return even scoring in the champions league. Then all of a sudden he's written off by everyone. There's a top quality player in there somewhere, we just need to help him to find some form and confidence.

What about the rift with Vardy or do you think that will just get foggoten. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

No, we need to be building for the future, we need  to be grooming Vardy's successor and bring back an ageing 30 year isn't going to help that.

We need to try and off load him asap, combine with Okizaki contract expiring that leave us with Vardy, Nacho, and the opportunity to bring in a younger more mobile player i.e. Adams, or a target man like Mitrović. 

• Like 3

I dont think it was his ability that was the problem, more so his attitude. He came in to the team and after 2/3 games you could see him constantly shouting at his team mates on the pitch and quite clearly blaming others for just about everything. 

Doesnt take a psychologist to notice that he didnt have a strong bond with his team mates from what we could see. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I agree that he did well first season, but at the end of the day you've got to look at objectively. He's no spring chicken, we got him at his peak and for the price he should've had a bigger impact, you can put that on the manager as well for not really utilising him but it's by the by. He's coming back to the club off the back of a shocking spell at Turkey, we've also got another misfiring striker who is probably worth giving more of a chance to based on his age and him being more suited to BRodge's style. Slimani is a bit of a one trick pony, but he's really good at his one trick but either way we aren't going to utilise that under BRodge so time to cut our losses imo.

10 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I can't even remember that being a thing but if that is the case vardy would need to be professional and forget about it. 

I have it from the horses mouth that slimani is a ****. Speaking in Arabic and French to vardy and other players to thier face. So he can call them this and that without them understanding it. Mahrez was here before to break it up, but not now.

Bin slimani off, useless footballer and a shithouse of a human being, get rid

• Sad 2

People who think he should be given a second chance....  His attitude stinks, and i wouldn't feel confident bringing him on in the new season. He has had more than enough to prove himself and the fact LCFC have loaned him out so early in his career with us, tells you all you need to know about the man. No thanks.

Absolute fraud of a player.

Edited by Simoken

Guest bss9401

I have great memories of the goals he scored for us but... I have to believe the rumours of his terrible attitude and disruptive influence. Now bin him, whatever the loss might be and get someone like Mitrovic or Rondon to give us that kind of option up front. I'm sure that such s player would get plenty of game time over the course of the season.

Just now, Simoken said:

Why are we constantly linking these two misfits. Nothing exciting about them at all. Can you really see us trying to push top6 with Rondon...... need to look higher then these

Did you expect us to win the league with Ulloa? Someone like Rondon is a good option to have from the bench. We have no Ariel threat or a player who can hold the ball up when we are under the kosh. We are a bit like Spurs with Kane, no top quality striker will want to come to Leicester and sit on the bench.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Did you expect us to win the league with Ulloa? Someone like Rondon is a good option to have from the bench. We have no Ariel threat or a player who can hold the ball up when we are under the kosh. We are a bit like Spurs with Kane, no top quality striker will want to come to Leicester and sit on the bench.

I agree, but the slight difference is Kane has many years ahead of him, whereas sadly Vardy doesn't. Our main priority needs to be a younger understudy who can gradually be phased into the team. 

20 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I agree, but the slight difference is Kane has many years ahead of him, whereas sadly Vardy doesn't. Our main priority needs to be a younger understudy who can gradually be phased into the team. 

I don't disagree, but I would also argue that we only have one style of play and whilst at present that is working fine there will come a situation where a plan B is required. Rondon could offer that requirement and not be too against being mainly a bench player. I agree that a further striker, an understudy, to Vardy is also needed.

Guest bss9401
1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Why are we constantly linking these two misfits. Nothing exciting about them at all. Can you really see us trying to push top6 with Rondon...... need to look higher than these

Because they wouldn't be the first choice striker but are well established in being able to win headers, bully defenders and hold up play, all better than Slimani can. They also have Premier League experience, which has been missing from most of our recent buys.

36 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Because they wouldn't be the first choice striker but are well established in being able to win headers, bully defenders and hold up play, all better than Slimani

Anyone is better alternative to Slimani but bullying, winning headers? Mitrovic has been relegated.. not good enough at causing trouble clearly.. Rondon failed with Westbrom at that sort of game plan. Honestly i'm not a big fan of hold Ulloa styled players... its very much a counter attacking attribute long dead with our 442. We need to move forward with a more intense and quick passing game with direct exciting football. From what im seeing now, we don't really need one or care to have an option to get a hold-up player. We are changing and you need to adapt. Your last comment was right though, we need more PL proven players.

Guest bss9401
24 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Anyone is better alternative to Slimani but bullying, winning headers? Mitrovic has been relegated.. not good enough at causing trouble clearly.. Rondon failed with Westbrom at that sort of game plan. Honestly i'm not a big fan of hold Ulloa styled players... its very much a counter attacking attribute long dead with our 442. We need to move forward with a more intense and quick passing game with direct exciting football. From what im seeing now, we don't really need one or care to have an option to get a hold-up player. We are changing and you need to adapt. Your last comment was right though, we need more PL proven players.

I stand by my main point. Mitrovic and Rondon both lead the line very effectively and have scored goals at this level. In our recent league game Mitrovic was very impressive and he was pretty much alone up front. I would have liked us to have retained Ulloa and it is as a tactical change and the ability to have another option up front that is needed in a squad. It isn't Mitrovic's fault the Fulham have a seive for a defence.