Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Random LCFC videos and pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Great clip of Paul Dickov here at the start of this video.  He's playing for Scotland against Saudi Arabia in the 'World Under-16 Cup Final'.

Tell me if you've ever seen a chip like that from such a narrow angle cos I can't think of one.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

May be an image of 21 people

Leicester City 1972.Left to right (back row) Alan Woollett, John Sjoberg, Steve Yates, Mike Stringfellow, Joe Jopling, Malcolm Munro, Malcolm Manley and Paul Matthews; (middle row) trainer David Coates, Malcolm Partridge, Alan Birchenall, Carl Jayes, Peter Shilton, Mark Wallington, Graham Cross, physiotherapist George Preston and trainer George Dewis; (front row) Steve Whitworth, David Tomlin, Jon Sammels, manager Jimmy Bloomfield, Keith Weller, Lenny Glover, John Farrington and David Nish
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

May be an image of 14 people, people playing American football and people playing football

Leicester City August 1971 L-R, BACK ROW: Steve Whitworth, Mike Stringfellow, Malcolm Partridge, Rodney Fern, Peter Shilton, Alan Woollett, John Sjoberg, Graham Cross, Malcolm Manley. FRONT ROW: Bobby Kellard, John Farrington, Willie Carlin, David Nish, Len Glover, Alistair Brown

• 2 weeks later...
  · ⚠️ OLD AND NEW GROUNDS ⚠️
Today's ground is Leicester City.
Filbert Street - 1891-2002. Capacity was around 22,000.
King Power - 2002 - Present. Also was known as the walkers stadium. The capacity holds 32,262.
Our attention today is turned to Filbert Street it will forever hold a special place in the hearts of all fans lucky enough to watch their beloved Foxes play there over 111 years which spanned from the Victorian era to a new millennium. Some most notable moments from my time at Filbert Street was that sensational Dennis Berkamp control and goal and probably Wycombe Wanderers FA Cup shock win. Now for the ground it was again your typical run down ground which was the reason why everyone loves the old grounds. Wearing the Leicester Jersey have been Gary Lineker , Muzzy Izzet , Neil Lennon just to name a few.
Now the new ground was literally opposite to the old one. As an away fan much more spacious than Filbert Street as you'd expect. It Generated an okay atmosphere in my time when I went. Away fans visiting the King Power Stadium are located in the North East corner of the stadium, with a typical allocation of around 3,000 fans. The ground is your typical build now in the UK, I had a very good view of the match when visiting. In The 2015–16 season Leicester City won the Premier League in style under Claudio Ranieri which was a memorable moment for Leicester fans to defy the odds. Overall both grounds produced different memories but as a buisness now in football, clubs unfortunately have to move on. If there are any Leicester fans on here please share more information or add to it would love to hear from you.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, davieG said:
  · ⚠️ OLD AND NEW GROUNDS ⚠️
Today's ground is Leicester City.
Filbert Street - 1891-2002. Capacity was around 22,000.
King Power - 2002 - Present. Also was known as the walkers stadium. The capacity holds 32,262.
Our attention today is turned to Filbert Street it will forever hold a special place in the hearts of all fans lucky enough to watch their beloved Foxes play there over 111 years which spanned from the Victorian era to a new millennium. Some most notable moments from my time at Filbert Street was that sensational Dennis Berkamp control and goal and probably Wycombe Wanderers FA Cup shock win. Now for the ground it was again your typical run down ground which was the reason why everyone loves the old grounds. Wearing the Leicester Jersey have been Gary Lineker , Muzzy Izzet , Neil Lennon just to name a few.
Now the new ground was literally opposite to the old one. As an away fan much more spacious than Filbert Street as you'd expect. It Generated an okay atmosphere in my time when I went. Away fans visiting the King Power Stadium are located in the North East corner of the stadium, with a typical allocation of around 3,000 fans. The ground is your typical build now in the UK, I had a very good view of the match when visiting. In The 2015–16 season Leicester City won the Premier League in style under Claudio Ranieri which was a memorable moment for Leicester fans to defy the odds. Overall both grounds produced different memories but as a buisness now in football, clubs unfortunately have to move on. If there are any Leicester fans on here please share more information or add to it would love to hear from you.

The ground looks so boring when compared next to Filbo.

• Like 2

Downpours stopped action during Leicester v Saints in 1983

By Ian Crump

Torrential downpours proved too much of a burden for an already saturated pitch, as dribbling, passing, and even running became almost impossible.

There was a point in the game when referee Robert Nixon halted proceedings to discuss the situation with his senior linesman, but eventually decided to continue regardless of what was happening.

When Leicester City hosted Southampton at Filbert Street on October 15, 1983, both clubs were looking at getting very different things from the match.

Leicester were winless in eight league matches as the team sat at the foot of the table. Southampton, on the other hand, were in great shape.

Lawrie McMenemy’s Southampton were second in Division One, and they were well aware that a win, coupled with a Liverpool victory over West Ham, would see Saints climb to the top of the table.

Since Leicester had been on a run of such bad form, there was a good chance that by the end of the match, Southampton would be sitting pretty at the top.

But, it didn’t quite turn out like that.

Daily Echo: (Leicester v Saints 15/10/83) Referee Nixon and Saints boss McMenemy look on as ground staff make a last bid to fork away the trouble spots.
There were only 22 minutes played when the match was abandoned completely and both teams ended up empty-handed.

Heavy rainfall left the playing surface a quagmire, as players and officials struggled to cope with the conditions.

Captured on Match of the Day - as can be seen tn the video below - none of the comedic value of the splashing and flailing was lost.

The ball stuck in the puddles as the rain lashed down and the wind picked up.

Seeing the players thrash around aimlessly at the ball, Nixon finally had seen enough.

A few minutes later, Nixon, Milne, and McMenemy appeared on the pitch and discussed the possibility of resuming the match. However, due to the continued rain, the outlook looked bleak at best. In a desperate attempt to drain some of the water from the surface, the ground staff prodded forks into the surface. A pointless task.

The rematch, played on November 30, was a win for Leicester in part of a sixteen-match run that saw them lose only two league matches and eventually avoid relegation.

The Saints finished the season as runner-up to Liverpool and were beaten in the FA Cup semi-finals by Everton.

A total of 51 matches were played by Southampton during the season but it was those 22 minutes at Filbert Street that were one of the most memorable.

• 2 weeks later...

May be an image of 2 people and crowd

Keith Weller, Frank Worthington, Graham Cross
"Autograph hunters flock round Leicester City players, who officially opened a new clothing shop in Long Street, Wigston"
April 5th 1974
(Oadby & Wigston Advertiser, April 12th 1974)
  • Like 1

On 29/07/2023 at 08:58, kushiro said:

Great clip of Paul Dickov here at the start of this video.  He's playing for Scotland against Saudi Arabia in the 'World Under-16 Cup Final'.

Tell me if you've ever seen a chip like that from such a narrow angle cos I can't think of one.

Is Mike Newell scoring for us in a rare red kit 6.30 mins in? I'm 90% sure it has Walkers Crisps on it, but commentary reads as if he's left