Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Random LCFC videos and pictures

The amount of times Knighton called football, soccer 😄😄

My United mate would squirm 😄

I went to Leicester v Barnsley in the FA Cup on the Saturday (which we lost 2-1🙁)with my United mate, went to Nottingham after for a piss up, then was in the United end for the FA Cup game on the Sunday.

Knighton was in a pub before the game,which we were in , and my mate went mad at him and we nearly got thrown out.

Utd ,via the Robins goal, changed the next decade + of English football , so I suppose it was great to be there to witness it.

Don't like Utd but was chuffed to bits to see them beat Forest 😄

2 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Is Mike Newell scoring for us in a rare red kit 6.30 mins in? I'm 90% sure it has Walkers Crisps on it, but commentary reads as if he's left

You got it. It was actually an even better move than shown in that clip. Have a look at 10.50 in this video. He was then sent off, as you'll see.

That game was part of an eight game unbeaten run when Pleat's team removed the threat of relagation.

Pretty interesting set of results that weekend - spot the Leicester links, including Gerry Daly's only goal for Stoke:

daly-stoke.png

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 21:43, kushiro said:

You got it. It was actually an even better move than shown in that clip. Have a look at 10.50 in this video. He was then sent off, as you'll see.

That game was part of an eight game unbeaten run when Pleat's team removed the threat of relagation.

Pretty interesting set of results that weekend - spot the Leicester links, including Gerry Daly's only goal for Stoke:

daly-stoke.png

Missed this reply - super research as ever.

Have you thought about becoming a PI???

On 28/09/2023 at 21:43, kushiro said:

daly-stoke.png

Fascinating to see that league table with an uneven number of teams in it - 23. I'd been to the odd game at that age, but wasn't quite following every fixture and league table, so don't remember the situation of having a team needing to sit out every weekend!

Doing some digging, it looks as though Div 2 went to a 22 team structure in 1919, and then had this 1 year of an uneven 23 teams in 1987-88 as an interim on the way to the current 24 team structure.

As an aside, we obviously need to get promotion this year and it will be a disaster if we don't... but looking at a table from 35 years ago, for all the ups and downs, 12 out of those 23 teams - over 50% are right back in the 2nd tier with us today, so it does put things into a bit of perspective...

On 06/10/2023 at 17:33, UniFox21 said:

Really like this. A men's team, women's team and then a "first team" picture. Really shows we're trying to bring both sides together. 

Sharky manspreading 😂

image.png.2b0593e9e7fcf4c98e89dd80d57a6dc9.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

No photo description available.

Leicester City have won best pitch a few time in recent years but this picture show a different story in a FA cup tie against Bristol City at the old Filbert Street ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2023 at 12:49, kushiro said:

Well I never...

When we sold Gary Lineker in 1985, his first appearance in an Everton shirt was in a pre-season friendly at Wigan. Gary scored and Everton won 4-1,

Look at the 20 year old centre back marking him:

first-game-for-everton-jul-25-85-v-walsh

I suspect Walshy would have found speedy Gary a bit of a handful.