Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

5th just coming upto Christmas.

Haven't made any permanent signings just a couple of players on loan - had Malcolm Christie on loan for 3 months, then Jason Roberts on loan for the next 3. Elvis is the top scorer though with 16 from 17! :D

Iain Hume hasn't scored a goal for me :(

Im 11th going into Febuary.

Went on a 6 game winning streak , but Ive just been pegged back by 2 losses in a row to Watford and Leeds.

Ive only won 1 away game all season :ph34r:

But I have the 2nd best home record.

Just gonna change the defence as im leaking goals in again.

James Graham is in the first team squad coming off the bench against Reading to get his debut goal :):thumbup:

Im 11th going into Febuary.

Went on a 6 game winning streak , but Ive just been pegged back by 2 losses in a row to Watford and Leeds.

Ive only won 1 away game all season :ph34r:

But I have the 2nd best home record.

Just gonna change the defence as im leaking goals in again.

James Graham is in the first team squad coming off the bench against Reading to get his debut goal :):thumbup:

Are you Craig Levein in disguise?! :P

Are you Craig Levein in disguise?! :P

No im better :whistle::P

I cant seem to get the winning away formula right , we play well but just leak silly goals in :mad:

As long as we keep getting the results at home t'will be alreet.

The fans and board are happy they only expect a mid table finish :cool:

Hume only has two goals for me Mr C :huh::cry:

Iv continued from where i have left of from the gold demo.

I didnt start off too well but then i got a good run of results, and getting the squad i wanted. I have a nice trainng routine which is working out well, and its much easier in this version! I didnt do well in the Carling cup, but have beaten Newcastle and Liverpool in the FA Cup so far and playing Crewe atm. was 2-0 up but they pulled it back to 2-2 but Fernando scored a nice lob to make it 3-2! However, they have jsut scored to mkae it 3-3! So its a replay! Not too bothered as its money!

My away form is dreadful! I cant seem to get going and we really struggle. I have made my formation a bit different to the one i play at home. My midfield is a lot tighter and i give my wingers a bit less freedom.

I have made a lot of changes since i took over, and signed a few players on loan and a few cheap signings which have been excellent! Ben May in particular. i signed him from Millwall after he scored against me! I needed an attacker as i dont like MDV in the game and Hammond isnt a goalscorer! Hume is awesome and has scored 16 in 27(9) which is good going coz i have played him at AMC and AMR. I also signed Healy as i wasnt totally sure about Ben May but its good competition now. You may wonder why i sold Williams but he was being an idiot because he wasnt playing but most of the time he was injured or just didnt fit into the team. So i got some decent money for him! Im getting some extras on top of the £210k! My loan signings have been good aswell! Calum Davernport has been quality at the back! Him and Nisse are doing well and Maybury and Kisnorbo are good down the wings getting forward as well as defending.

But what has been good is that everyone has been scoring, not so much at the start but its got better! Its all in the screenie below!

Im really getting into it!! Gonna get Leicester promoted, but its going to be tough coz its really tight. Southampton are running away with it but im playing Palace next so i could close the gap! Im really surprised at Ipswich though! And please ask if you want any informaton! I will try and get a screenie for ya!

HomeandTransfers.jpg

Players.jpg

table.jpg

Sorry about quality!

ps: Ricey: Im downloading the skin now! I did have it but got lost during installing/uninstalling of something else!

13th with City with 8 games left.

Although Ipswich have just offered me the job as manager there , I rejected and they came back and offered me more money and more money to spend. 4k a week and 600k to spend.

I rejected and decided to stay at Leicester :unsure::ph34r:

Well done mate :cool:

Got any players on your shortlist for next year?

Just got Ryan Smith on loan for a month hoping to make that permo.

Tiatto , Wilcox , Wright , Porter , Logan are all defo going end of season.

Think im going to offer Dublin another year's contract.

Just beat Millwall 1-0 at home with Hughes scoring :cool:

Sheepshanks has just said he is dissapointed with me rejecting them but he wishes me the best and hopes to see me at his club in the future!

:smile: Same here. I must fit in!

lol

Its what made me buy the game! I also heard some people down the guild talking about it the other day so i thought fech it, ill just buy it! Just means i will be even more skint! but thats what overdrafts are for! I was going to d/l it but its just easier if i buy it!

and i will have an update soon!

Just signed a new contract at City!

3 years with 245k to spend.

Ipswich offered me twice as much in terms of wages than Leicester.

Got Ashley Young coming end of season.

5 games left im currently 14th. 6 Points off playoffs me thinks a late run is in order.

Sylla came out and said he was glad I signed a new contract :cool:

After a great first quater to the seaon things are starting to slip with me :(

We've stuttered against the big teams and we've struggled to find the net, also Wolves knocked us out of the Carling Cup in the 3rd Round.

I've got Hussain Yasser and Gavin Williams on loan but both have been poor, might look to replace them soon.

Just lost 3-1 to Leeds, we are now 3rd.

After being top for the majority of the first half of the season and looking good for promotion things have turned horribley wrong.

League Graph :(

We lost 4 in a row out of nowhere which took us to 7th and we've never recovered, we look a totally different side and even the signings of Di Canio and Kanu haven't made a difference.

Archived