Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Finished season in 2nd place after being top throughout the campaign but in last few games Sheff Utd just came ahead of me by 2 points. Played 5 at the back 3 in centre mid 1 just behind striker and 1 striker. Levi Porter is an absolute legend. David Murphy is a good left back as well. I sold Tiatto-250k Dublin 8k Wilcox-50k Mccarthy-100k hughesy in january-500k Gudjopnnson 200k. And brought in off top of my head an Italian striker Berlinghetti or something-10k Basinas-free Koutspolous-80k a goalie who starts on a free cant remember his name Davenport-loan and possibly some more. In premiership though it's almost impossible to win so 10games in I resigned and became Sheff Wed manager for about 3games resigned and now I'm reading manager near the end of the season in 15th got them up from 18th

Riiiite...Ricey how do you make skins?

i think there was a good tutorial flying around the sites, try sortitoutsi or even the skinning forum at sigames. Cant remember who wrote it but it was good for beginners.

you need something like Photoshop and decent knowledge on xml. It requiers patience and some bits can be tedious. I tried to make some skins for FM2005 or Cm0304 (cant member) but didnt get too far. And im not the most creative person.

Finished season in 2nd place after being top throughout the campaign but in last few games Sheff Utd just came ahead of me by 2 points. Played 5 at the back 3 in centre mid 1 just behind striker and 1 striker. Levi Porter is an absolute legend. David Murphy is a good left back as well. I sold Tiatto-250k Dublin 8k Wilcox-50k Mccarthy-100k hughesy in january-500k Gudjopnnson 200k. And brought in off top of my head an Italian striker Berlinghetti or something-10k Basinas-free Koutspolous-80k a goalie who starts on a free cant remember his name Davenport-loan and possibly some more. In premiership though it's almost impossible to win so 10games in I resigned and became Sheff Wed manager for about 3games resigned and now I'm reading manager near the end of the season in 15th got them up from 18th

I bought David Murphey too, solid.

Tried getting Basinas but he went elsewhere<_<

Ok, so i need a challenge!

I enjoy managing leicester and have had good fun but i need something different!

So i have started as unemployed!! I was offered the Bury job withn 2 days and i have no money what so ever. I am on £525 pw and signed a 2 year deal. My squad is small, very old and to be honest, its going to be tough! For those who dont know, Bury are in league two and are relegation candidates!

So....follow me on this amazing journey to the Premiership...

bet you give up pretty soon :P

not sure! probably get half way through the season and get pissed off, but at the moment im looking forward to the challenge! I have played two friendlies and won both and im getting my back room staff sorted. Then im going to do the training part!

ill have some screenshots soon...but now i have to go to my java lecture! All about loops and iteration today...WAHOOOOO!!! :ph34r::rolleyes:

I gave up on the game last night.

It crashed again, that's both times i've played it now, and i've only got to January 2006. I was just hanging onto 6th spot as well, and the chairman had promised to back me if i could find a high profile player, good times were to be had.

:(

Im doing shite.

Fell from 2nd to 7th in the space of 9 games.

Last 9 I've drawn 2 and lost the rest.

Douglas , Henderson , Sheehan , Williams , Dublin , Hume and Young all injured. Delap also banned for 3 games.

They're all long term injurys aswell.

Because of that , I've had to bring in Mark Howard ( a young keeper ) from Arsenal on loan.

Safri on a free transfer to provide depth.

I have'nt got many fit players , so I've had to call up Scott Lycett from the reserves along with Kraig Rochester to provide backup.

Team is:

Howard

Kisnorbo

Latka

Gerrbrand

Stearman

Smith

Hughes

Safri

Chambers

Gray

Hammond

I started bringing Weso on as sub and then eventually starting a few, his stats were really coming good after a couple of good training reports. Get him involved :smile:

I sent him out on loan at Stockport 'cos I thought i had enough in midfield so I thought I'd let Weso go for some experience.

I want him back , but I cant recall him.

He's out on loan for another 2 months :cry:

not sure! probably get half way through the season and get pissed off, but at the moment im looking forward to the challenge! I have played two friendlies and won both and im getting my back room staff sorted. Then im going to do the training part!

ill have some screenshots soon...but now i have to go to my java lecture! All about loops and iteration today...WAHOOOOO!!! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Aren't loops and iteration the same thing ;)

I do enough of the bloody things in C++ :rolleyes:

I gave up on the game last night.

It crashed again, that's both times i've played it now, and i've only got to January 2006. I was just hanging onto 6th spot as well, and the chairman had promised to back me if i could find a high profile player, good times were to be had.

:(

I haven't had any crashes yet :huh:

I bet I do now though <_<

Halfway through the second season now and despite a shaky start I've gone on a run of 8 wins of out 9 which sees me with 44 points in 5th place, any other time I'd be top with that amount of points but Pompey, Charlton and Wigan especially are doing superbly, they'll be hard to catch.

Lua Lua is setting the league alight with 18 goals from 24 games, Hanek and Kenton are solid at the back while Ryan Smith is a marvel on the right. Smith, Guarin and Stearman have shown great improvement and look like quality players now.

Fingers crossed we don't throw it all away like last season.

i think there was a good tutorial flying around the sites, try sortitoutsi or even the skinning forum at sigames. Cant remember who wrote it but it was good for beginners.

you need something like Photoshop and decent knowledge on xml. It requiers patience and some bits can be tedious. I tried to make some skins for FM2005 or Cm0304 (cant member) but didnt get too far. And im not the most creative person.

:blink: Xml? :huh:

im in the premiership but struggling to score in november im having to play 4-5-1 because when i play 4-4-2 i loose to teams like wigan. im doing ok though im 9th but ill probably stay up so theres plenty of things for me to do to improve the squad

Doing well in my friendlies. I think i know my strongest squad now. Currently playing Villa reserves, 3-3 at half time and iv just taken the lead!! Yes, defence is leaky but im experimenting with a tactic and players.

Ok so i didn't give up on the game. Just played the rest of my 1st season, wasn't looking like i'd get in the playoffs but put together a 6 match unbeaten run, at the end of the season to make a late surge, to draw Sheffield United. But ended up losing the first leg at home 0-2, and despite winning the second leg away 1-0 i'm out :angry:

League Table

table7dd.th.jpg

League Progress

progress7hy.th.jpg

Player Stats

stats10jg.th.jpg

Well done Mr C!

I've just started picking up some points.

Lost 3-2 at Plymouth and i was ready to quit :mad:

But the following game I went to Fulham and beat them 2-0 :huh:

Got some players back after injury so things are looking up :thumbup:

Well done Mr C!

I've just started picking up some points.

Lost 3-2 at Plymouth and i was ready to quit :mad:

But the following game I went to Fulham and beat them 2-0 :huh:

Got some players back after injury so things are looking up :thumbup:

Finished 9th in first season with Elvis/De Vries and a guy i got on loan called Petrovski bagging the goals. Had problems all season at the back though - anyone know any good tactics/defenders to sign (cheap as possible!). I would say around half the games in the season i took a 1 or 2 goal lead to go on to either draw or lose!

PS. Brighton finished 5th :o

Archived