Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Finished 9th in first season with Elvis/De Vries and a guy i got on loan called Petrovski bagging the goals. Had problems all season at the back though - anyone know any good tactics/defenders to sign (cheap as possible!). I would say around half the games in the season i took a 1 or 2 goal lead to go on to either draw or lose!

PS. Brighton finished 5th :o

Sign Martin Latka , I was having some trouble at the back but adding him in there as made the defence very strong.

Snapped him up on a free put him alongside Gerrbrand and those two are rocks!

Just about to the the Play-Off Final against Charlton :D

We beat Stoke 5-0 on agg to qualify after finishing third.

Suffering a bit of an injury crisis at the moment though, I don't fancy my fancys because Charlton finished 3rd 10 points ahead of 4th place.

Just about to the the Play-Off Final against Charlton :D

We beat Stoke 5-0 on agg to qualify after finishing third.

Suffering a bit of an injury crisis at the moment though, I don't fancy my fancys because Charlton finished 3rd 10 points ahead of 4th place.

Eh? how can you both finish 3rd?

Just coming upto the end of January 2007 now.

The board expects me to be challenging for the league title, and although i'm 4th they think i should be holding a higher league position <_<

I've just managed to sign Freddy Adu for 2.6million after the chairman wanted a big signing! :D Other decent signings have been Kalle Ljungberg on a free from Gif Sundvall, and Eddie Gaven after he was released by Metrostars. I've had Ryan Smith on loan for 3 months too, but despite all that very inconsistant especially away from home.

Im doing awesome as Bury! I am top after 11 games and Nicky Maynard is quality! 12 goals in 10 games! Superb!

Its all good at the moment but i reckon i will struggle when i get a few injuries or suspensions. But if i carry on with the way im going then i will be promoted!!

BURY FOR THE PREMIERSHIP!!! lol

Squad

Table

Started my second season.

Sold Hughes for £1.5 million to Bolton and bought in this Brazilian lad from Gremio (where Ronaldinho came from) for £2.5 mill.

He's only 19 and I reckon he's gonna be shit hot.

Also bought in Pahars and Jeffers on frees because I don't think Dion's gonna be able to pull another 31 goals out the hat this season.

Currently in negotiations with Christanval and Legrottaglie of Juve.

Also bought it Andrey Kanchelskis for a bit of a laugh, he's only on £750 a week, could work well since Momo played shit last season when there was only Levi Porter challenging for a place but when I bought Matt Piper on loan he started playing real well, so maybe Kanchelskis will have the same effect.

Not really expecting much, I just loved Kanchelskis when I was a kid.

I lost in the playoff Semi Final to Gillingham.

Im in preseason now.

Sold Akinbyi to Coventry for 130k , managed to capture the signing of Danny Graham from 'Boro for only 100k!

Got rid of the high earners who would'nt take a pay cut eg. Wayne Thomas ( Greedy Barsteward ).

Franky Sinclair took a 2k paycut so he could stay another season.

I've got a young squad overall , no money left too spend.

Team is..

Coyne

Sadler

Kovenck

Sinclair

Yates

O'Connor

Johanson

Doherty

Elliott

Maclean / Noel Williams

Graham

Started unemployed and got Mansfield job which I thought would be great and I'd win every game, didn't quite happen. Came up to December and hadn't won a game, got bored so started declaring my interest in every club with a manager under pressure. Club lost all confidence in me but had another few games until I resigned as I still wasn't winning. Now I'm Dag and Red in the conference and expected to be near the bottom half of the league I'm 6th 1 place off of playoffs I'm determined to get up this season. If you're in League 1 2 or Conference then you should seriously scout scandinavia as there's amazing youngsters there that you can get for about 1k.

Started unemployed and got Mansfield job which I thought would be great and I'd win every game, didn't quite happen. Came up to December and hadn't won a game, got bored so started declaring my interest in every club with a manager under pressure. Club lost all confidence in me but had another few games until I resigned as I still wasn't winning. Now I'm Dag and Red in the conference and expected to be near the bottom half of the league I'm 6th 1 place off of playoffs I'm determined to get up this season. If you're in League 1 2 or Conference then you should seriously scout scandinavia as there's amazing youngsters there that you can get for about 1k.

started doing that already! But i have 0 to spend so it doesnt help. However, they are being scouted and on my shortlist (which is quite long) ready for next season! If the bored give me no money and i get promoted then i think im going to have to get a job elsewhere!

Just won my first game of the season 5-2 against Walsall, Lucas got the first, then Hume, Hamill bagged a brace and Jeffers topped off a wonderful performance with a goal at the death.

Top of the league!!

Douglas
Maybury	 Kisnorbo	 Gerrbrand	 Murphy

Joey
Sylla								  Hamill
				Lucas

Hume		 Jeffers

just played bradford and we went 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go (lua lua and heskey) and i used all 3 subs. hughes got injured and i had no subs left so i had to resort to 3 in midfield they pulled it bak to 2-2 and as it was the league cup 2nd round it went to extra time. one of the subs i used was de vries and he scored a hat trick and it finished 5-3. before that lua lua scored 4 against west brom.im still loosin to big teams i lost 5-2 to newcastle

Archived