Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

I was leading QPR 2-0 at half time, told the lads I was pleased, it finished 3-1, I tell the lads I want a performance like that every week and discover that Gudjonnssen's slated me for my team talk saying I should have taken a differnt approach and El Hamdoaui has stated I was victimising him and was trying to force him out of the club.

Wha??!?!?!?!

Just lost 7-1 on aggregate in the playoff semi <_<

It was 2-1 after the first leg, but Ian Hume and Joey (my best player all season) got injured and Dion was jaded and in need of a rest.

2-0 at half time to two freakishly good goals in 5 minutes, went all out attack but then Nils (my second best player all season) conceded a penalty and got sent off, and my 3-3-3 formation took the brunt of it with 3 more goals in the last half hour :(

Top scorers:

Dion Dublin, Appearances 44 (2), Goals 31

Iain Hume, App 34 (7), Goals 24

Mounir El Hamdaoui, App 15 (4), Goals 6

Elvis Hammond, App 13 (16), Goals 4

N'Zogbia, Hughes and Momo all on 4 goals

I got 1 million to spend though, hopefully I can actually afford someone!!

Anyone got any hints (i am quite bad at it) or good players to go and get!

Currently lying in 16th in Championship with Leicester, De Vries is baging but Dublin and Hammond are injured and strugling for goals. Just lost 2-0 at home to Wolves :cry:

Loan a decent striker for a start.

Change tactics around regularly

Loan a decent striker for a start.

Change tactics around regularly

Is that a good tactic - i remember on a few of the old CM's from Sports Interactive, if you kept the same formation and tactics it would throw up some odd results!

loaned a guy from the German League called something like Triowski? (think it was from Hannover!) he is rubbish - stats currently

Starts 10 Sub 8 Goals 1

I finished my first season 13th in the league :(

We led the table up until Christmas when things fell apart and we became an awful side, we went on a mini-run towards the end (Kanu scored the winner against Leeds from inside his own half!) but it wasn't enough to propel us into the playoffs.

I've sold top scorer Iain Hume to Charlton for £3m as he was poor in the second half of the season, also sold De Vries to Sheff Utd for £300K.

I finished my first season 13th in the league :(

We led the table up until Christmas when things fell apart and we became an awful side, we went on a mini-run towards the end (Kanu scored the winner against Leeds from inside his own half!) but it wasn't enough to propel us into the playoffs.

I've sold top scorer Iain Hume to Charlton for £3m as he was poor in the second half of the season, also sold De Vries to Sheff Utd for £300K.

Wow. Warnock does love his strikers doesn't he? :D

just coming near the end of my first season in the premiership and i am 11th. I have a good tactic/formation bt jsut cant seem to score. Healy has been doing alright but the others are too young. Bruggink has been on excellent form and at the back Kisnorbo has been class! I have a decent squad now with a few more free signings and with strengthening in the summer, its should be all go for next season. If i have a good last month i think i could get into 8th or 9th place. But overall i have done well, my board love me and so do the fans! Its all good. I am still enjoying it as you have to work on every game. look at the oposition and also look at how well your players are doing!

End of the season i finished 10th. I was going to finish 8th until Danny Murphy scored a last minute penalty to draw with me! #

Overall, a good season. I need to tighten up the defence a lot though so some changing of tactics is needed!

Defence is my problem realy, now i have signed a striker. i scored in virtually every match, just conede a lot aswell, i play 4 at the back usually.

Yup, same here.

I have changed their instructions to play at an angle.

for instance the DR would be on Normal

Th DRC would be just one notch below that

The DLC would be another notch below that

And the DL would then be on defensive.

Obviously it woudl change if you wanted their mentality to be more defensive but as long as they are at the angle it gives the balance needed. Then all you need is good defenders! My defence is pretty young so thats the reason and plus Big Rab needs replacing. I have a few young keepers in my reserves but i have also signed Richard Wright on free transfer!

i like your skin could you tell me where i can get skins from. this is 2 the iain hume picture bloke.lol.im in premiership with leicester sitting 6th after ten games MDV and Lua Lua are my top scorers. could someone tell me how to place links on threads and how to use image shack thanks...

I brought in Lomano Lua Lua, Freddy Guarin, Ryan Smith (season loan), Mendonca (season loan, Darren Kenton, Michal Hanek and Neil Lennon.

After 5 games I'm 6th and doing ok, Elvis Hammond is suprisingly bagging the goals aftert only playing due to injuries.

Archived