Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

just started my 3rd season. finished third last season and lost to charlton in the play off final.

(4-4-2 Counter)

Graham Stack (Arsenal)

Nils-eric-johannson

patrick Kisnorbo

Mario Eggiman (plymouth)

Sito (ipswich)

Joe Hamill

Stephen Hughes

Juris Laizans (Spartak Moscow i think?!)

Jason Koumas (WBA)

Neil Mellor (Liverpool)

Mark Viduka ( Boro)

subs

Lenny Pidgeley (Chelsea)

Alan Maybury

Jimmy Juan (French Starlet)

Gareth Williams

James Hayter (bournmouth)

Almost finished my 3rd season, Im on a nightmare run since christmas, I was top and just scraped 5th on the last day of the season. Got Fulham in the play offs.

My team (4-2-4)

Allan McGregor -£70k from Rangers

Alan Maybury

Scott Morrison - £60k from Dunfermline

Danny Gabbidon - £700k from West Ham

Nils-Eric Johansson

Kenny Lunt - £725k from Crewe

Danny Murphy - £1million from Charlton

Jamie Smith - Free from Aberdeen

James McFadder - Free from Everton

Heider Helguson - £35k from Fulham

Matty Fryatt - £2.5million from Walsall

Awesome, just won the playoffs!!

Lost the first leg 4-3 to Fulham, my former loan striker Chopra scored 4 in 20 minutes after we were 2-0 up at half time.

Won the 2nd leg 3-1 at the Walkers to go through to face Sheff Utd in the final.

Won the final 4-3 after extra time, the board were delighted at the unexpected promotion. The only downside is that I'm losing Danny Murphy to Bolton on a free so I need a new centre mid next season.

My top scorer was Fryatt with 31 and Helguson scored 26, so not a bad strike force at all!

Only just started my game just about to begin second season

Started as Alfreton stuggeld at the bottom got 10 match winning streak then got offered job at torquay

At end o season just missed out on play off places :( but have now signed paul gerrard carl asaba shaun goater tommy mooney and trundle all is looking good!

I started with Northampton a while back but never got round to posting my progress on here.

I started and David Cardoza along witht he fans wanted Promotion at the very least, and the title if it all possible. With no money and very little room within the wage budget I was left with an uphill task with a team that I didn't think could challenge for promotion.

I brought in Neil Kilkenny from Birmingham, Alex Nicholas from Swansea and Steve Jennings from Tranmere all on loan, and eventually later in the season Matty Fryatt from Leicester, when goals seemed to be in short supply.

My team looked like this in 2005/2006 season

Harper

Westwood Dyche Doig Nicholas

Taylor Jennings Kilkenny Johnson

Fryatt/Smith Kirk

Promotion was eventually gained from us sitting in third place, by 1 point over 4th placed Torquay.

In the summer transfer window, I brought in

Ian Walker, Magnus Svensson, Martin Djetou, Thomas Haapala, Mark Pembridge, Vratislav Gresko and Ben Burgess. Whilst also bringing in Chris Brunt, Jay Tabb and Dave Hibbert in on loan. With pre-season odds of 10-1 for promotion, and the fans and Cardoza expecting a respectable finish, after 7 games, I am living up to these expectations so far, sitting in 3rd place with 13 points.

Up The Cobblers!

Does anyone else find this game incredibly hard? I've tried it with Preston, Leicester, Watford and Southampton, yet I always end up 15th or thereabouts. I think my game is bugged :mad:

Its called being a shit manager ;)

that may be true ;)

But I have downloaded many of the respected tactics and none work!

Whats the point in downloading tactics?!?

It defeats the object of the game , stick with your own tactics untill you master it.

Are you one of these people that starts a new game every other night :P ?

I am lol i only do about 3 seasons when i first got it i did a 6 season game but i just get bored now especially if i a loosing!

But i am starting with lower teams for more of a task.

I hate peoplee who say i am right good at FM

Who are ya?

Chelsea <_<

Whats the point in downloading tactics?!?

It defeats the object of the game , stick with your own tactics untill you master it.

That goes back to the crap manager remark.

No, I don't start a new game every other night, mainly every week :P

There i was happily playing away on FM and some stupid **** message pops up saying "array acces out of bounds" and when i click ok, another message pops up, check screenies.

When i click the resolution one, it just keeps popping back up saying the same thing.

It **** closed my game aswell, and i didn't save it and had played about 6 games

Any ideas?

reso2aj.jpg

untitled2111tq.jpg

Archived