Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

I suck at this game i start off quite well winning my games and in a good position in the table, i was Leicester but got the scak after poor results. I'm currently in my second season with Man Utd, i managed to finish 2nd in my first season but the same is happening again i satrt off well winning games and then all of a sudden i begin loosing to teams at the bottom and plumet down the league :(

Started with the mighty Torquay United.

1st season: finished 3rd in league two which of course means promotion. i'm proud of that achievement as the squad really was average and funds were none existant. i signed about 20 premiership cast offs at the age of about 19 for 1,000 each.

2nd season: finished 8th in league one. a respectable season.

3rd season: finished 2nd in league one and so the second promotion in three years.

about to start building a squad fit to to well in the championship, i've manged to build up a transfer kitty of about 4.5 million by selling alot of the signings for a big mark up.

sounds good! got a screenie of the squad?

well, in my first 3 seasons.

bought in : 81 players

sold : 43 players

so i have used a large number of players, but these are the players that got me promotion from league one, and of course it will all change again to get ready for the championship.

The squad. ignore the low values of the players, that's just because it's Torquay

Am under way in my second season with Leicester, after having gotten promotion with 101 points the previous season.

I completely forgot to arrange friendlies (too busy scouring the transfer market) and only managed to get 1 friendly before my opening game against Chelsea at home. I somehow managed a 0-0 draw so I'm very pleased :D

My XI lineup in that game (modified 4-4-2): Martyn - Diatta, Upson, Hangeland, Valente - Hume, Andresen, Brown, Wendt - Pezzarossi, Ebanks-Blake. Subs: Jason Kennedy, Kisnorbo, Idrissou, Truszczynski, Gudjonsson.

Hangeland is a beast of a DC, and he's a natural DM too! Easily amongst the top 5 central defenders in the world in this game IMO, and only cost me £2,5 mil.

Out of curiousity, how big a transfer budget have you others gotten after promotion? I got a paultry £1mil, but of course, after I built my budget up by seling De Vries, Johansson, Gerrbrand and Aguiar, the chairman told me to get a high-profile player, that git! He could've at least waited until I had used up my budget before telling me that :P

As previously stated, I started a game with Hinckley United, got promotion from Conference North in my first season, and in my second season look quite good to win the Conference. I have played 12 games and am top of the table with 31 points!!

Finished 7th with Leicester in my first season, one goal away from the play-offs :o

Second season, I'm 2nd behind Bolton coming up to January, but my strikers are definately under-acheiveing!

First Team:

Silva

Alex John-Baptiste--Peter Clarke--Curtis Davies--Alan Sheehan

David Bentley--Joey Barton--Danny Murphy--Jerome Thomas

Matty Fryatt--Dexter Blackstock

Subs: Izale McLeod, Richard Stearman, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Ashley Young, Nick Montgomery

And no I didn't cheat, just great in the transfer market :D

I'm currently playing as Leicester and got a few players in on loan, but i always end up starting well then all of a sudden after about 10 games i begin to loose and end up at the foot of the table, could anyone give me any tips how to avoid this i.e, formation, team information, players to get in (bearing in mind Citys transfer budget)

I really want to get Leicester promoted but at this rate i'll more likely be sacked.

A good left winger to buy for Leicester is George Boyd. He only costs about 60k from Stevenage and develops into a good player.

Also, there is a guy from Bournemouth who is 17 and described as the next Michael Owen, I signed him for 95k but can't remember his name.

Brett Pittman ?

Archived