Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

we should all have a go at taking a conference north south team to the prem without cheating im up for the challenge. we should all post progress in here and show screenshots to prove we are not cheating or better so send eachothers save files so we can all check

Thats what I have done with Hinckley. Won the Conference North in my first season and got to the Fa Cup Second Round before losing to Shrewsbury. Now im in December and top of the Conference and have a nice Fa Cup Second Round tie against League One tabletoppers Brentford coming up very shortly! :thumbup:

I will get Hinckley to the Premiership - mark my words!

I'm currently Southampton in my first season in 4th place with 60pts, 9pts behind QPR in 2nd. Pericard (£1.4 million) and Peter Madsen are banging them in non-stop (16 and 15 a piece) along with Kenwyne Jones as back up (12). Currently its the 19th of Feb 06 and in the January window I managed to entice Bowyer down from Geordieland (£1 million) to marshall my midfield, and so far hes doing a good job of it. With 12 games to go and with QPR to come (last game of the season) it could be doable yet.

UP THE SAINTS!!

we should all have a go at taking a conference north south team to the prem without cheating im up for the challenge. we should all post progress in here and show screenshots to prove we are not cheating or better so send eachothers save files so we can all check

Ok i'm going to have a go with northwich :D

I'll post screenies at christmas of my squad and table position

Yes get in! FA cup 3rd round draw with Bolton at home. Hopefully it'll bring the money in! Top of the Conf South, I'll be disappointed if I don't get promotion this year, although I'm worried about the team's ability to score goals. Lee Barnard is the player I am trying to sign to ease those woes, as he's out of contract in the summer.

50k in the red at the moment :(

I got Southampton promoted, and Rupert Lowe decided to be as tight as a ducks arse and only give £250,000 to me to try and keep the Saints up. Well after 8/9 games and only 2 wins under the belt, and the end of the transfer window fast approaching, I asked for more money, Lowe said 'fock off', so I issued and ultimatum and they sacked me.

Onto bigger and better things and boy would Lowe live to regret it. 20 or so games left of the season and West Ham offer me the job. They are 9th in the Championship after being relegated and sacking Pardew, I take the job on and steer them to a respectable 4th. We get drawn against Leicester in the Play-Off semis, beating them 5-4 on aggregate and then moving on to beat Leeds 2-0 in the final. Up the Hammers.

Now after 6 games of the Premiership season gone, we are 12th and have 7 pts and 2 wins to our name (notably claiming the scalp of Man Yoo on the way). The board and fans want me to keep clear of relegation, and if things carry on the way they are, things are looking A OK for survuval.

Billlericay are now in the Conference, managed to sign Robbie Fowler on a free although he is injured at the moment.

I think a play of place is a realistic ambition, which is a shame really as I would have thought my squad was good enough to win it.

and i thought trying to get Torquay into the prem was a tough job, good luck with that. it's going well so far though for me, just finished 7th in the championship so hopefully can push on next season.

and i thought trying to get Torquay into the prem was a tough job, good luck with that. it's going well so far though for me, just finished 7th in the championship so hopefully can push on next season.

Can you show us some screenies of your squad? :D

I've just sold Mascherano to Inter and Sneijder to Liverpool (£30 million each)

I've got £90million in the bank now and you know how it is if you dont spend it the board keep it!

Anyway, i've offered £73million for Rooney it was accepted and he's accepted the contract. but, i have got cold feet over buying him. so, i've saved the game whilst thinking what to do. What do you guys reckon?

I've got Owen, Cavenganghi, Lopez as main strikers.

BTW i'm at Leicester 8th season. No cheating (i've played this game since CM1 on my old Atari ST so i dont cheat)

I've just sold Mascherano to Inter and Sneijder to Liverpool (£30 million each)

I've got £90million in the bank now and you know how it is if you dont spend it the board keep it!

Anyway, i've offered £73million for Rooney it was accepted and he's accepted the contract. but, i have got cold feet over buying him. so, i've saved the game whilst thinking what to do. What do you guys reckon?

I've got Owen, Cavenganghi, Lopez as main strikers.

BTW i'm at Leicester 8th season. No cheating (i've played this game since CM1 on my old Atari ST so i dont cheat)

You've come so far so all you can do is buy players for the sake of being able to buy them. I did that in the previous FM. Had Luque who was fantastic but sold him so I could buy Ronaldinho instead...Oh, and which Lopez is it?

Archived