Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Im doing awesome as Bury! I am top after 11 games and Nicky Maynard is quality! 12 goals in 10 games! Superb!

Its all good at the moment but i reckon i will struggle when i get a few injuries or suspensions. But if i carry on with the way im going then i will be promoted!!

BURY FOR THE PREMIERSHIP!!! lol

Squad

Table

People take note. This lad is one of the best players on the game within a few years.

That Kalle Ljungberg sounds good, how much was he Mr C?

People take note. This lad is one of the best players on the game within a few years.

That Kalle Ljungberg sounds good, how much was he Mr C?

I signed him on a free as his contract was up in January 2007. He's lethal. I'd say he's as good as those other Swedish CM legends Kennedy Bakircioglu and Kim Kallstrom :D

I'm still waiting for one of my classmates to get me a copy of FM2006. Aaargh! The waiting period is killing me... lol

Must be so good, that game. It's been a long time since I last played a football manager game...

Btw, there's a very good (and free) messageboard on the internet dedicated to FM2006:

Neoseeker FM2006 Forum

I know this is FM2006 thread, but just for a laugh at my mates the other day we cranked Champ Man 00 on - took control of Oxford in second div - does anyone remember any good players to get on frees!

Taribo West

I downloaded the gold demo, just got the full version & I'm close to the Jan window closing.

Currently 3rd, 3 points behind 2nd place.

Just thrashed QPR 6-1 with both Hume & DeVries getting hat tricks.

Sold Tiatto & Dublin.

Had Piper in on a season loan & get this my regular wingers at one point were Morris & Piper, both stayed fit, altho Morris tires quickly & can't manage 2 games/week

Back 4 of Kisnorbo, Gerrbrand, McCarthy & Nissa

Finally got Arsenal to loan me Smith for the rest of the season

I had Piper on loan, got 45 minutes out of him and he was injured for the rest of the season! Not just one injury either, every time he was making a comeback for the Reserve's he'd go and pick up another injury. Certainly realistic.

Ryan Smith on loan = dynamite.

just been RIPPED OFF!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

paid £2.5million to sign Portillo from Real Madrid everything went through ok EXCEPT after I confirmed the signing it says joining 1.1.1900 gone past January 1st now and he hasn't arrived and they have taken my money!!!!!

paid £2.5million to sign Portillo from Real Madrid everything went through ok EXCEPT after I confirmed the signing it says joining 1.1.1900 gone past January 1st now and he hasn't arrived and they have taken my money!!!!!

lol

:D:D

well to be fair he would be over the hill wont he as he would be over 100 years old

Just finished my first season with Danish side Brondby, I won the title on the last day of the season :D

I got to the Quarter-Finals in the Royal League and also in the UEFA Cup which was a massive aschievement considering Brondby aren't knownm for performing in Europe. I knocked out Valencia, AEK Athens and Rangers along the way but Newcastle eventually beat us.

I'm enjoying the fresh challenge.

lol lol

My flatmate had the same!! But he was Chelsea so he wasnt too bothered about it. He had enough money to go sign another player!

I downloaded the Strawberry Demo yesterday which took me about 2 1/2 hours. But once I got it going, I just couldn't stop! It's very addictive and I simply love that game.

I spent about 7 hours on it in a row with Leicester... Missed most of my sleep that way... lol Luckily, I save often and so far, I am 4th in the Championship with one game in hand. Hammond and DeVries are banging them in on a regular basis (Yeah, Hammond's much better in the game than in real life, eh?) and even Wilcox has scored 4 times already after 15 games. He's a killer from set pieces and the penalty spot.

But I have some questions:

- How come most of my transfer offers are rejected? What can I do to improve my strategy?

- How do I sell unwanted players quickly enough? Seems like nobody wants them...

- Which players would you recommend buying when your budget is limited (like Leicester's)? Any good bargains?

- And how do you change skins?

I got Kevin Nicholson as a replacement for Gilbert on the left defensive side, loaned Tiatto (Udinese), Wesolowski, Sheehan and Butcher out.

I play 4-4-2 diamond all the time, with some adjustments during the second half if necessary. The fans didn't like me in the beginning, but once I reached a 9-game unbeaten streak, things started going in my favour. Beat Chesterfield, Preston and Blackburn out of the League Cup and am facing ManU soon... :whistle:

Archived