Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Bloody hell it gets worse :(

Lost 1-0 to Oldham in the League Cup!

I don't know how you set up the team, but 4-4-2 suits Leicester very well, and if you have acquired a class AMC then 4-4-2 Diamond is even better! I know it's boring and cliché but direct football works down in the Championship and physique is very very important. Having said that, I always put more weight on individual player strategies. It's a start to give them default strategies, but try to refine them so they suit your player's preferred moves and stats...

I don't know how you set up the team, but 4-4-2 suits Leicester very well, and if you have acquired a class AMC then 4-4-2 Diamond is even better! I know it's boring and cliché but direct football works down in the Championship and physique is very very important. Having said that, I always put more weight on individual player strategies. It's a start to give them default strategies, but try to refine them so they suit your player's preferred moves and stats...

I play 4-4-2, and have got Hume in the AMC position.

How do i put more weight on individual player strategies?

Im Luton in my 2nd season.

Finished 8th in my first season there , 3 points off the playoffs. If you want a great young striker go to Luton U-18's and get Calvin Andrews , Steve Kabba and Izale McLeod were both injured so I played him with Howard and he was immense.

My team this season is...

Guftasson

Keenan

Heikannen

Kenton

Foley

Danns

Nicholls

Gudjohnson

Piper

Kabba

Andrews

Not got off to the best start with a 2-0 defeat away at newly promoted Bradford :unsure:

Got offered the Sheff Utd job in the summer , but rejected them 'cos they were offering a measily 120k transfer budget.

Oh yeah , John Gregory got appointed as manager of Leicester last season ( :ph34r: ) It took a 2-2 draw away at Cardiff to keep Leicester up on the final day.

How do some of you do it?

What i mean is how do you get players such as Morientis, David Dunn to join huddesfield?

As surely huddesfield do not have that a bigger transfer budget?

They were in my second season at the end, they were out of contract and not needed :D

SO offer them a contract in jan and get them in july :D

Although I actually bought morientes it took me 4 times to get him to accept a contract :P

How do i do the training for the players, as i haven't done any training with the players since i have been playing the game.

Could this be the reason why i'm not doing so well?

I don't train the players,i just buy 1 coach for each section of training and leave them to it.

And by the way i've left huddersfield and gone to portsmouth :P

I don't train the players,i just buy 1 coach for each section of training and leave them to it.

And by the way i've left huddersfield and gone to portsmouth :P

Most of the players I just leave on the default general training scheme, but in some cases I make a customised schedule.

For players who are not playing in the first team (usually younger players) I make a new schedule which is like general training but 'strength' is set to high. This tires players out but if they're not playing it doesn't matter.

I also make a new schedule for when my off-form strikers keep missing sitter after sitter. This schedule has intensive shooting, high ball control and attacking but to make sure it's not too knackering defending and tactics are set to 'light'.

In my first season with Leicester, I won promotion in second place (don't ask me how!). After a few more seasons of mediocrity in the Premiership, I buggered off to Newcastle United and won the league. David Platt took over as Foxes manager and, perhaps unrealistically, he hasn't fecked the club up yet.

I play 4-4-2, and have got Hume in the AMC position.

How do i put more weight on individual player strategies?

In the team tactics page, you can click on the position of each player and assign personal instructions. You can thus fine tune your tactic, like telling the centerbacks to stand off if the team is closing down etc.

How do i do the training for the players, as i haven't done any training with the players since i have been playing the game.

Could this be the reason why i'm not doing so well?

It's recommendable to make at least a schedule for Keepers (standard one is ok), Defenders, Midfielders and Strikers. Use your common knowledge and intuition to make them. It's my experience that none of them should surpass the 'medium' workrate, otherwise you'll get many injuries.

Most of the players I just leave on the default general training scheme, but in some cases I make a customised schedule.

For players who are not playing in the first team (usually younger players) I make a new schedule which is like general training but 'strength' is set to high. This tires players out but if they're not playing it doesn't matter.

I also make a new schedule for when my off-form strikers keep missing sitter after sitter. This schedule has intensive shooting, high ball control and attacking but to make sure it's not too knackering defending and tactics are set to 'light'.

In my first season with Leicester, I won promotion in second place (don't ask me how!). After a few more seasons of mediocrity in the Premiership, I buggered off to Newcastle United and won the league. David Platt took over as Foxes manager and, perhaps unrealistically, he hasn't fecked the club up yet.

It's not too hard with Leicester in the Championship tbh due in part to some slightly/very over-rated players (Hamill, Johansson, Sheehan, Hume and Williams spring to mind). Disappointing to see you pull an O'Neill though ;)

I'm going to start a new game now, after being at hudds for four years i havent got the motivation to start again at another club :P

Any suggestions :D

When I'm done with my game, I'm going to try one of the more exotic leagues. Indonesia or Peru or something.

Perhaps maybe I'll run the Indian league and go Leicester's feeder club whose name I've forgotten.

I dont know about the rest of you, but i cant manage another team but Leicester.

i just cant get into the game.

my current first 11 is:

Douglas

Billy Jones / Kisnorbo / Nelly Jo

Mustapha Hadji / Josip Skoko / Joey Gudjonsson / Some Romanian (cant remeber name)

Iain Hume

Paul Dickov / Archie Thompson

Archived