Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Yeh, i don't seem to remember us getting many players from them :whistle:

Apparently, Kingfisher East Bengal FC and Leicester City are 'partners'.

Leicester have already ignored the overtones of British colonialism and sent coaches over to India to help East Bengal players cope with the large, soft ball and a lack of stumps.

I don't see what City could ever get out of the partnership. Last year the Home Office changed the rules and now it would be virtually impossible for an Indian footballer to get a work permit. As far as I can see all that's in it for Leicester is a bit of PR.

Apparently, Kingfisher East Bengal FC and Leicester City are 'partners'.

Leicester have already ignored the overtones of British colonialism and sent coaches over to India to help East Bengal players cope with the large, soft ball and a lack of stumps.

I don't see what City could ever get out of the partnership. Last year the Home Office changed the rules and now it would be virtually impossible for an Indian footballer to get a work permit. As far as I can see all that's in it for Leicester is a bit of PR.

You can get a scolarships if you are concentrating on youth

I just lost my first game in charge - 2-1 away at 'Boro.I almost whacked one off when Duffy put us 1 up in 4th minute.

lol quality :P

Ive started a new game with the patch and now im only buying players with determination and workrate of 15 :D

Played three

Burnley 1-2 leicester

Derby 0-0 Leicester

Millwall 0-1 Leicester

Can i just say, wayne henderson is the best up and coming keeper on the game :D

just started my first season in the championship with Torquay after 2 promotions in 3 seasons.

looking pretty good so far, sitting in 4th place after 10 games. leicester actually happen to be top of the league at the moment.

i am currently 17th in the premiership after 6 games, i made signings which include louis saha on season long loan and boumsong for £3.4 million

in the championship i finished 3rd and beat southampton 2-0 in the play off final, top goalscorer was Matty Fryatt with 23 in total

Quite an interesting career so far.

I started as manager of Oxford Utd and guided them to 9th in league 2 with only a handful of games left. I was then offered the Blackpool job and so accepted the offer. At the time they were struggling, just 1 point outside the relegation zone in league 1 and despite some emergency loans I could not save them from relegation.

Over the summer I stregthened my squad but could only muster 12th place mediocrity much to the dissapointment of my board. However, this situation changed greatly.

In the transfer window I managed to exchange danny coid for relegated Walsalls Matty Fryatt and signed Geoff Horsfield for only 30k. I then went on an outstanding run which saw matty fryatt break into the U21 squad although I missed out on the playoffs by a single point.

The following season I was 1st in league 2 with Henrik Larsson up-front:) when Craig Levein came under presure as LCFC manager. I declared my interest in the job and the city chairman promptly sacked Levein and approached me.

I happily accepted although Leicester were struggling at the wrong end of the championship.

I have only been beaten once since taking over and have swooped to sign Laurent Robert, Niclas Jensen and Mark Viduka. Quality managerial career so far. I just want Fryatt back:).

Just got Leicester Promoted in first season... Check out how kind Tim Davies is with his Transfer budget present! Also, Steffan Iversen is bloody kicking ass. 30 goals in championship and 11 in 13 in prem so far (16 in all comps) Stephen Grant is also hot property and is wanted by all the big boys.

fm.JPG

Just got Leicester Promoted in first season... Check out how kind Tim Davies is with his Transfer budget present! Also, Steffan Iversen is bloody kicking ass. 30 goals in championship and 11 in 13 in prem so far (16 in all comps) Stephen Grant is also hot property and is wanted by all the big boys.

fm.JPG

Who is Stephen Grant? I noticed he was pretty good on the previous years addition but i'm sure he isn't at this club. He might have been a few seasons ago but he certainly isn't now, unless he has the luxury of being paid but never has to train or play for Leicester.

Who is Stephen Grant? I noticed he was pretty good on the previous years addition but i'm sure he isn't at this club. He might have been a few seasons ago but he certainly isn't now, unless he has the luxury of being paid but never has to train or play for Leicester.

I think that Stephen Grant plays for Waterford United now?? :ph34r:

his name seems familar, but it might be just from FM where I've heard of him...I've got the latest update with Fryatt on so it's current. I'm not complaining tbh, he'll sell for £20 mill if he carry's on like this!

Archived