Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

selling mentality

We're not a selling club.  Yes there is a certain amount of wheeling and dealing to get things done but we aren't a club that "can't refuse a big money offer".  We sell on our terms, when we choose to.  Of course, I think we are fair with our players and if those that are capable of winning trophies want to move to a club that is likely to win trophies, then we're open to listening.

For us, we are at a stage in our evolution where we now need to become that club that is likely to win trophies.  Do that and our best players are unlikely to want to leave.  To do that we must resist speculative offers that come our way.  £100m for Maddison? If he can be persuaded to stay then we turn it down. Our potential for competing at the very top cannot and should not be sold for any price.  The next 2 years will shape and define the next decade at Leicester.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It doesn't matter what your mentality is if a bigger club comes for one of your players and the player want to go then really, eventually you have to let them go. Look at liverpool with couhtino and Chelsea with Hazzad.

Players can usually force through a move but I'm not sure our players are at that stage, and fortunately for us they seem to all have many years left on their contracts.

I cant see us letting anyone go for anything less than silly money bids and even then I think the prefence is to keep this team together to help us continue to progress as a club.

If we can we're only a winger, creative midfielder (ideal Tielemans) and a striker who can give Vardy some competition for a starting position away from a top six mount.

Key to next season is going to be consistency. We need to be able to finish off teams below us more convincingly and I think that's where Rodgers approach will benefit us over Puel.

On 02/06/2019 at 07:24, Chrysalis said:

I think this thread has not gone quite the direction I intended.

This is FT  lol    Starting a thread goes like this:

Unplanned.gif.251e4a947b2ee24ea172211cd0617659.gif

It seems to me that all clubs are selling.clubs, but no club wants to be so, summarised by the following criteria/example

Club buys a player for one of several possible reasons

• they are tactically required by the manager
  • they are a prospect to be utilised tactically by the manager in the future
  • they are gauged s an asset worth owning for financial reasons, I.e.; strong future resale 
  • they help meet a registration requirement

None of the above reasons would indicate a desire to sell the purchased player, assuming

• they fit or can be made to fit with coaching  into the managers tactical plan
  • they do not suffer a catastrophic decline in capability/form
  • they are not in some way damaging to club or the staff morale/ethos
  • they settle well enough at the club/area

Assuming none of the 4 above scenario’s occurs, why sell? Several reasons I suggest

• Value offered is deemed sufficient enough to benefit the club beyond what retaining the player would
  • Club  making the offer can offer greater opportunities such s Champions/Europa League, etc
  • Player receives offer from boyhood club/favourite manager/etc
    • But the above two would normally result in a player/agent driven effort to engineer a move

But maybe I should go mow the lawn....

• Haha 1