Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

A reminder of the TV packages for the 2019/20 season

17 hours ago, rachhere said:

Just spotted that you can get a Sky Sports pass through Now TV specifically for your phone, for only £5.99 a month: https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-mobile-pass 

Has anyone used this? Few questions for anyone in the know... Whilst it says mobile phones only, I wonder if it also works on iPads...? Is there anything stopping you connecting your phone to your tv, e.g. by casting, or by using a cable like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Adapter-Certified-Amavasion-Compatible/dp/B07RYL46VZ/ref=asc_df_B07RYL46VZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218715807545&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8384792822480113248&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045540&hvtargid=aud-543776533562:pla-752952939291&psc=1

It would be a bit of a pain having your phone out of action during a match, but it's quite a saving on paying for a normal sky sports subscription. 

I don't know if it's different but I have sky go on my phone and casting is disabled, brings up an error message when you try. Haven't tried with a cable.

Thanks for your feedback. With a combination of Netflix, Amazon prime and my virgin package, and of course a tv license just spending far too much on TV stuff, so thinking this could be a good compromise. Fingers crossed if I go to cancel it, Virgin will give me a decent discount anyway!

I've got the BT sport app on my phone and can mirror that onto the tv, but i think that's because they're both Samsung. It's a pain your phone being out during the match and all your notifications pop up on the tv, which can be awkward! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/07/2019 at 13:56, rachhere said:

Just spotted that you can get a Sky Sports pass through Now TV specifically for your phone, for only £5.99 a month: https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-mobile-pass 

Has anyone used this? Few questions for anyone in the know... Whilst it says mobile phones only, I wonder if it also works on iPads...? Is there anything stopping you connecting your phone to your tv, e.g. by casting, or by using a cable like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Adapter-Certified-Amavasion-Compatible/dp/B07RYL46VZ/ref=asc_df_B07RYL46VZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218715807545&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8384792822480113248&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045540&hvtargid=aud-543776533562:pla-752952939291&psc=1

It would be a bit of a pain having your phone out of action during a match, but it's quite a saving on paying for a normal sky sports subscription. 

I started using this earlier this year. Doesn't allow any connection to outside sources (e.g. monitor, TV etc.). Bit of a pain but for £5.99 a month not bad. Good for Premier League and Darts. Apart from that, doesn't show much else, no Football League, no F1. For me it's all I need.

My dad has BT Sport so I use his account on my phone app and stream that to the TV. Add to that German TV which show a fair bit of sport for free (German cup, Germany games, F1, certain Darts, some boxing) and I am well set up for sport.

• Like 1