Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

A reminder of the TV packages for the 2019/20 season

What are the packages?

Package A - won by BT 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30

Package B - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30

Package C - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45

Package D - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Sundays at 16:30

Package E - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00

Package F - won by Amazon 10 matches from one Bank Holiday and all 10 from the Boxing Day fixture programme

Package G - won by BT 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes

Sky Sports and BT Sport will now share coverage of Premier League matches with Amazon. The online streaming service will air 20 games per season.

For the new season they have purchased the rights to show every match from the Boxing Day fixture list as well as 10 games over a weekend during the festive period.

How can I watch the games on Amazon?

To watch the matches you will need have a Prime membership. This costs either £79 a year or you can pay £7.99 per month. A

Amazon will also have weekly highlights of all Premier League throughout the season. You are able to stream Prime on any Smart TV, mobile device or through an Amazon Fire TV Stick.

What about Sky Sports and BT Sport?

The Premier League made 200 matches available to broadcast, an increase on the 168 available during the last TV deal in 2015.

Sky Sports will show 128 matches during the 2019 season with BT Sport broadcasting 52 live games. BT will take the 12.30pm matches with Sky Sports showing 32 17.30pm Saturday games.

Sunday continues to be dominated by Sky who have both the 14.00pm and 16.30pm matches.

There will now be eight games shown by Sky Sports during the season at a new time of 19.45pm on a Saturday night.

Now TV allows you to buy a daily pass for Sky Sports at a cost of £8.99 per day.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-boxing-day-wont-shown-2964480

Is this a sign of the future

For the new season they have purchased the rights to show every match from the Boxing Day fixture list.

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

So it looks like the 12pm Sunday game has gone, thankfully. Awful kick-off time.

Not necessarily. Some 12pm games weren't on TV this season just gone if I remember correctly? There may still be matches on for those who play in Europa League on Thursdays.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

So it looks like the 12pm Sunday game has gone, thankfully. Awful kick-off time.

Or is it that they’ll get leeway to broadcast in this slot instead of one of the other slots they’ve purchased at late notice when they’ve realised they’ve screwed up and want to show an important game they weren’t previously planning to do so?

Just now, davieG said:

Is this a sign of the future

For the new season they have purchased the rights to show every match from the Boxing Day fixture list.

Guess there's more flexibility with that as it's not on a Saturday so there's no 3-5pm restriction?

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Guess there's more flexibility with that as it's not on a Saturday so there's no 3-5pm restriction?

Agreed but Amazon obviously believe there’s money to be made by streaming them all at the same time, well I presume they’ll all be on at an agreed time.

So pretty much relying on fans watching just their own game but benefitting from mass coverage rather than a large none partisan audience all watching one game.

Just pondering on whether the PL are using it as an experiment to see how it might work if they got around the 3pm ko rule.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Agreed but Amazon obviously believe there’s money to be made by streaming them all at the same time, well I presume they’ll all be on at an agreed time.

So pretty much relying on fans watching just their own game but benefitting from mass coverage rather than a large none partisan audience all watching one game.

Just pondering on whether the PL are using it as an experiment to see how it might work if they got around the 3pm ko rule.

There's an easy workaround to the 3pm blackout if Amazon go for the majority of the packages in the future. Keep it in place to protect lower league club's attendances but as soon as 5 o'clock comes, all the matches are available to watch at your leisure. 

It's mad that our top flight football, one of our most successful exports is packaged and sold to every other country in a modern, accessible way but we have to make do with this expensive, complicated and incomplete mess of a system. Hopefully this is a sign of a change. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

Well the alternatives are illegal streaming or excessive boozing down the pub :dunno:

Cheers TV lot lol

Did you hear what La Liga did?! 

They got done for not telling people who downloaded their app that their microphones and locations on their phones would be used to track illegal pubs streaming games lol

Only got fined a measly £250k...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Terrible terrible exploitation of fans in the UK.

Currently in Australia, I get all games on one streaming service for $15 (8 quid) a month. This is an add on to my mobile service which is $40 a month with 4gb and unlimited calls and text.

At the UK structure, id be streaming! 

How much would it cost to get all those service in the UK?

I think, and this is without shopping around its be roughly this.

Sky is £22.50 for the basic plus £20 for the sports.

BT on Sky is £27.99

Amazon is £7.99

So that's £78.48 per month. But that's not including decent broadband you'll need to watch on Amazon. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think, and this is without shopping around its be roughly this.

Sky is £22.50 for the basic plus £20 for the sports.

BT on Sky is £27.99

Amazon is £7.99

So that's £78.48 per month. But that's not including decent broadband you'll need to watch on Amazon. 

All that and most people just want to watch their team play circa 5 games a month.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'll be arguing the toss here but the day we start televising 3pm games on a Saturday the English football pyramid dies. It's one of the first rules which is a very good thing for the English game. 

More and more games are being moved for TV. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3pm gone from the Premier League at some point in the future.

How does Amazon work for pubs? Do they just need to sign up to prime for a month and get all the boxing day games?

I wonder if they'll stagger them over the whole of boxing day. 2x 12:00, 2x 14:00, 2x 16:00, 2x 18:00, 2x 20:00

1 minute ago, Corky said:

More and more games are being moved for TV. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3pm gone from the Premier League at some point in the future.

They'll offer the FL a bigger chunk of money.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The next step will be club packages, I fear that day isnt that far away....

For one I would actually welcome that if it meant that I could watch all the LCFC games without having to pay subscription for all the rest that I am not that interested in watching. Currently I just use a Now TV day pass when city are on but that only works for the Sky games. As far as I know, BT have no plans for pay as you view as they are only interested in getting people to sign up to their broadband packages

• Like 1