Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

A reminder of the TV packages for the 2019/20 season

1 hour ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

I can't honestly say I agree in the modern day. It is time for this to be changed because anybody who really wants to watch a 3pm game on a Saturday is going to find a stream. Regardless of it being illegal and sites being closed down, there are plenty of places to find a game and people will continue to do it. The authorities will never be truly on top of it so they may as well give us the option to pay in the hope we do. 

I could also argue that Football League attendances were the highest last season for many years. Fans are still going to watch their teams play instead of staying warm at home and finding a game online. If live matches at 3pm were a problem then we would have a little clue about it by now I would have thought.

Football League attendances were the biggest because Leeds, Sunderland, Villa all had successful seasons. Their crowds grew substantially which had the knock-on to the overall figures. 

Championship crowds fell by 6.1% and League Two fell by 6.1%

League One went up by 11.9%, created by a 16.4% rise from Sunderland and Coventry by 33,6%. 

The League 2 figure is really telling as you had Tranmere come up with decent crowds and the promoted teams from league 1 don’t have huge numbers either. 

Promoted clubs like Sheffield United, Barnsley and MK Dons had falling crowds. 

As for non-league that’s where it really hurts. 

Ultimately it’s only a certain young demographic capable of watching 3pm streamed games. You open that up widely, you have disaster 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 00:52, ozleicester said:

Terrible terrible exploitation of fans in the UK.

Currently in Australia, I get all games on one streaming service for $15 (8 quid) a month. This is an add on to my mobile service which is $40 a month with 4gb and unlimited calls and text.

At the UK structure, id be streaming! 

How much would it cost to get all those service in the UK?

Is that ALL games or all televised games? As I’m moving to Australia this would be brilliant 

7 hours ago, srbfox said:

Is that ALL games or all televised games? As I’m moving to Australia this would be brilliant 

ALL games.... on a sat afternoon (10pm-12am here) we have about 10 channels you can watch EVERY SINGLE GAME

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Guessing the Amazon coverage might be abit shaky to start with..

I imagine your neighbour will end up watching your coverage, and you'll get a note through your letterbox telling you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christoph said:

The only package that matters. The IPTV Package. Anyone ever used it before? Heard good things about it for watching football on it. Get every game from nbc and stuff. 

Ive got it. Good quality and better pundits and commentaters than sky or bt. Only downside is probably a 3-5 minute delay.

From the ticket sale date announcement the club just sent out...

Match period - Approximate date of announcement

August/September - 5 July, 2019

October - 6 August, 2019

November - 16 September, 2019

December/January - 11 October, 2019

February - 13 December, 2019

March - 24 January, 2020

April - 21 February, 2020

May - 3 April, 2020

Matchweek 38 - After matchweek 37

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

October - 6 August, 2019

March - 24 January, 2020

May - 3 April, 2020

It is.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

October - 6 August, 2019

March - 24 January, 2020

May - 3 April, 2020

The PL website published this after fixture release too. Nice to see the club specify this too, normally don't.

The way this works in the UK is so confusing coming from the US.  How is it possible that fans can't watch all their team's games on TV, even with paying?

Do you guys really think if they televised the 3pm Saturday games, stadiums would be empty?  I would say that's very unlikely, but obviously I'm looking at it from the outside.

For the NFL, local games are blacked out IF the game doesn't sell out - which is pretty rare.  Otherwise, it's always on in the local market.   Any reason that wouldn't work for PL in UK?

I went to WHU away 2 years ago - was a Fri night game.  I had no idea 3pm Sat kickoffs weren't on TV - so I called a couple places to see who would be playing the games.  One bar said they were, I go there, and at 3pm rugby is playing.  I go up to somebody and ask about the games and they said no 3pm kickoffs.  Was shocked, but obviously it's confusing for people there too bc somebody that worked there told me they had the football games on.  Even they didn't know.

5 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Do you guys really think if they televised the 3pm Saturday games, stadiums would be empty?  I would say that's very unlikely, but obviously I'm looking at it from the outside.

It’s not the TV games losing attendees it’s the perceived effect it will have on the lower league attendances which you probably don’t have or might do with college footy but they’re attracting a different audience aren’t they.

The lower league clubs in England exist almost exclusively on their attendances.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

It’s not the TV games losing attendees it’s the perceived effect it will have on the lower league attendances which you probably don’t have or might do with college footy but they’re attracting a different audience aren’t they.

The lower league clubs in England exist almost exclusively on their attendances.

so basically the thought is if 3pm PL games are on TV, Newport County fans would stay home and watch PL instead of going to their games?

9 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

so basically the thought is if 3pm PL games are on TV, Newport County fans would stay home and watch PL instead of going to their games?

Something like that and you only have to see how many PL shirts there are in near and far flung places to see that.

Today's youngsters are a generation of video watchers so it's  not much of a stretch to see it having an affect, how much and how sustainable who knows?

You have to realise how rich football is on Saturday afternoons. You get teams in the ninth and tenth divisions get crowds of 800 plus. That’s to watch amateur clubs. 

It then makes it 'easier' for big clubs to be supported by people. So your Newport fan supporting a Liverpool etc.

Whereas right now 3pm games aren't televised so the local fan can support their local team.

3pm televised games could ruin lower leagues. And we have one of the best lower leagues which are incredibly competitive and well supported compared to abroad. 

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You have to realise how rich football is on Saturday afternoons. You get teams in the ninth and tenth divisions get crowds of 800 plus. That’s to watch amateur clubs. 

Can remember being amazed when i went to watch Kettering Town and it was 10 quid  :O.......... for that money i can watch 1st v 2nd in the AFL at the MCG

Edit just checked - Now 15quid :whistle:

Edited by ozleicester

Just spotted that you can get a Sky Sports pass through Now TV specifically for your phone, for only £5.99 a month: https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-mobile-pass 

Has anyone used this? Few questions for anyone in the know... Whilst it says mobile phones only, I wonder if it also works on iPads...? Is there anything stopping you connecting your phone to your tv, e.g. by casting, or by using a cable like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Adapter-Certified-Amavasion-Compatible/dp/B07RYL46VZ/ref=asc_df_B07RYL46VZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218715807545&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8384792822480113248&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045540&hvtargid=aud-543776533562:pla-752952939291&psc=1

It would be a bit of a pain having your phone out of action during a match, but it's quite a saving on paying for a normal sky sports subscription. 

17 hours ago, rachhere said:

Just spotted that you can get a Sky Sports pass through Now TV specifically for your phone, for only £5.99 a month: https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-mobile-pass 

Has anyone used this? Few questions for anyone in the know... Whilst it says mobile phones only, I wonder if it also works on iPads...? Is there anything stopping you connecting your phone to your tv, e.g. by casting, or by using a cable like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Adapter-Certified-Amavasion-Compatible/dp/B07RYL46VZ/ref=asc_df_B07RYL46VZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218715807545&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8384792822480113248&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045540&hvtargid=aud-543776533562:pla-752952939291&psc=1

It would be a bit of a pain having your phone out of action during a match, but it's quite a saving on paying for a normal sky sports subscription. 

I use this. You get 4 channels (Action, Arena, Premier League, News). It's good for me and well worth the money IMO, but if you're interested in F1, golf, cricket etc then you're out of luck.

Doesn't work on my android tablet so doubt it would work on iPad either assuming they go off screen size.