Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

A reminder of the TV packages for the 2019/20 season

Just now, filbertway said:

How does Amazon work for pubs? Do they just need to sign up to prime for a month and get all the boxing day games?

I wonder if they'll stagger them over the whole of boxing day. 2x 12:00, 2x 14:00, 2x 16:00, 2x 18:00, 2x 20:00

I suspect they'll all be at the same time this is aim at getting more individuals to sign up for Prime.

For a one off game you'd have to pay for a month's Prime and then cancel it, they'll be hoping people forget or get sucked into keeping it after seeing what else is on offer.

I'd happily pay say circa £250 a year to watch LCFC home and away on my TV.

Don't they do a season pass like this in the States for NFL?

People are so scared about gates dropping for live games but I think that demand will remain - I like to go to a few games a season but I can't fulfil the ST obligations any longer as I have other commitments and if I'm honest don't enjoy it as much now you can't drink or vape or get home on a train after later kick offs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'd have thought the bbc would be in a position to bid for some with their new windfall through granny grabbing. Suppose we'll just have to be content with the boat race.

God I love the boat race.

21 minutes ago, urban fox said:

For one I would actually welcome that if it meant that I could watch all the LCFC games without having to pay subscription for all the rest that I am not that interested in watching. Currently I just use a Now TV day pass when city are on but that only works for the Sky games. As far as I know, BT have no plans for pay as you view as they are only interested in getting people to sign up to their broadband packages

Club packages will mean unfair distribution of TV money imo. The Big clubs will argue the only ones bought are theirs in relative terms.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

People are so scared about gates dropping for live games but I think that demand will remain - I like to go to a few games a season but I can't fulfil the ST obligations any longer as I have other commitments and if I'm honest don't enjoy it as much now you can't drink or vape or get home on a train after later kick offs.

Exactly this. At risk of being accused as a "plastic" it is very rarely that I can actually get down to watch a game these days due to working away all week, family and other commitments at weekends etc etc. I just cannot justify the price of a season ticket and with matchday tickets often harder than rocking horse excrement to actually get hold of at short notice (never know far enough in advance if I would be available) I am basically left with TV coverage to sate my longing to watch the team I have followed all my life.  One day I will retire and have all the time I could wish for to attend matches but until that day comes I would gladly purchase streaming package that covered all the city games.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Exactly this. At risk of being accused as a "plastic" it is very rarely that I can actually get down to watch a game these days due to working away all week, family and other commitments at weekends etc etc. I just cannot justify the price of a season ticket and with matchday tickets often harder than rocking horse excrement to actually get hold of at short notice (never know far enough in advance if I would be available) I am basically left with TV coverage to sate my longing to watch the team I have followed all my life.  One day I will retire and have all the time I could wish for to attend matches but until that day comes I would gladly purchase streaming package that covered all the city games.

I'd be happy if they just did an away package as a lot of the tickets for away games are sold out and surely it wouldn't blight the amount of away fans attending.

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Club packages will mean unfair distribution of TV money imo. The Big clubs will argue the only ones bought are theirs in relative terms.

I disagree. under the current system all clubs get a basic cut then additional "appearance" payments which already favour the "big" clubs.  I see no reason why a similar system would not work with clubs getting a small cut of each "specific" package on top of a fair share. Remember, every time a so called big club plays there is another team involved who will get a share too. It would not take a genius to work something out.

Just now, urban fox said:

I disagree. under the current system all clubs get a basic cut then additional "appearance" payments which already favour the "big" clubs.  I see no reason why a similar system would not work with clubs getting a small cut of each "specific" package on top of a fair share. Remember, every time a so called big club plays there is another team involved who will get a share too. It would not take a genius to work something out.

True, but they already have all the other clubs by the balls with the threat of the Super League. They've already made financial distribution less fair than it was last year, I think this would give them another excuse to do so.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Absolutely.

A few years ago I bought two ST's, and between 6 of us we split the cost and the matches.

Each of us got 6 fixtures to attend throughout the season. We took the previous years finishes and drew lots for two top six games, 2 mid table 6 games and two bottom 6 games each. There was a bonus game left over at the end which I think we juggled around to ensure the spare game wasn't a ticket that anybody else really wanted and I think the lads gave me that one for sorting it all out.

It worked quite well but you need 6 decent mates who will pay you via DD and that you enjoy going to a game with any one of them. (and 2 available ST's)

I'd still rather watch football nowadays in the pub or at home but I do love a live game every now and then with the right company and atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I think, and this is without shopping around its be roughly this.

Sky is £22.50 for the basic plus £20 for the sports.

BT on Sky is £27.99

Amazon is £7.99

So that's £78.48 per month. But that's not including decent broadband you'll need to watch on Amazon. 

lol 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

BT on Sky is £27.99

Amazon is £7.99

So that's £78.48 per month. But that's not including decent broadband you'll need to watch on Amazon. 

I have Sky but pay £63 per month for all the channels and HD and films, Sports and boxsets etc which also includes my landline and broadband -everything all in.

Don't pay for BT though and go to the pub for that - still waiting for this merger to occur as I'd like to be able to watch the odd bit of rugby and the MotoGP.

3 hours ago, urban fox said:

Regarding the point in bold, 95% of fans who watch Man Utd v Bournemouth would be watching the match because Man Utd are playing/they are subscribed to a Man U channel, the opponents are mostly irrelevant bar the big games. Therefore, any club specific system would no doubt allow Man Utd to take 95% of the 'purse' for the game.

Not saying that would happen straight away but its the direction things would be going on if club specific packs were available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I have both the NFL/NBA packages which means you can watch every single game whenever you want, plus a lot more content - both of these are under £200. 

The Premier League also has a package like this, just not in this country. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Facecloth said:

BT on Sky is £27.99

Amazon is £7.99

By the sounds of it the Amazon games will all be in December so you’d only need to pay for a month. Maybe get a cheeky one month free trial :ph34r: still really expensive overall however

5 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

By the sounds of it the Amazon games will all be in December so you’d only need to pay for a month. Maybe get a cheeky one month free trial :ph34r: still really expensive overall however

At least with the 1 month amazon fee you get to watch their films and you can order a few Xmas prezzies and get free deliver all for your 7.99.

On 12/06/2019 at 08:59, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'll be arguing the toss here but the day we start televising 3pm games on a Saturday the English football pyramid dies. It's one of the first rules which is a very good thing for the English game. 

I can't honestly say I agree in the modern day. It is time for this to be changed because anybody who really wants to watch a 3pm game on a Saturday is going to find a stream. Regardless of it being illegal and sites being closed down, there are plenty of places to find a game and people will continue to do it. The authorities will never be truly on top of it so they may as well give us the option to pay in the hope we do. 

I could also argue that Football League attendances were the highest last season for many years. Fans are still going to watch their teams play instead of staying warm at home and finding a game online. If live matches at 3pm were a problem then we would have a little clue about it by now I would have thought.