Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor

5 hours ago, murphy said:

It isn't really up for debate, it's only delusional Leicester fans that seem to think we're bigger.  If we could ask unbiased people there would be no debate.  Celtic are bigger, their average gate is twice as much as ours and in a few more years, we could be in the Championship.

It's not pessimism because it doesn't bother me that we're smaller than Celtic or smaller than Man U etc, I can live with that quite happily.  It bothers me when our fan base make themselves look like a laughing stock 

If you think Celtic are smaller than us, then explain to me how they have a turnover in excess of £100m?  

We have a turnover in excess of £150m but £130m is from the Premier League.  To put that in perspective, Celtic took about £18m.

So that is a net turnover of around £20m for us, against £80m+ for them.  Case closed.

So anyway, Callum McGregor.....

Wouldn’t they get a shedload from the Champions League every year?

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Oh no, Rumble!!! Not St. Midden??!! 

(I'm from Greenock so Morton are my hometown team)

So, of someone offered you the chance to have Van Dijk at Leicester, you wouldn't take it because you don't think he's decent?! Wanyama? He's not decent either? Lennon wasn't decent? Sutton or Hartson? No? Petrov? Not decent enough? Nakamura not decent in his prime? I'm supposing you dont think Guppy was decent either? As for Larsson himself being "decent"... Mate, that's laughable. The guy was world class in his prime and even past his prime, he was good enough for Man Utd and Barcelona. 

I, in no way shape or form have any love for Celtic but to say they've only had one decent player in the last 20 years (who are memorable) is either ignorant or arrogant.... or both. Mind sets like that are exactly why fans of clubs like Leiceter, dislike the likes of Utd and Liverpool. 

To be fair, I don't care about Celtic and would prefer not to discuss them on a Leicester forum but arrogance like that boils ma pish.

No one knew van dijk before he went to the prem. Have a read pal I think larsson was a class player that’s whys he’s the only one that I mentioned. At the time he was there he was a world class player hence why Barca signed him. The others were coming towards the back end of their career and no I don’t think Petrov Lennon and guppy were world class and Im Leicester through and through 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Oh no, Rumble!!! Not St. Midden??!! 

(I'm from Greenock so Morton are my hometown team)

So, of someone offered you the chance to have Van Dijk at Leicester, you wouldn't take it because you don't think he's decent?! Wanyama? He's not decent either? Lennon wasn't decent? Sutton or Hartson? No? Petrov? Not decent enough? Nakamura not decent in his prime? I'm supposing you dont think Guppy was decent either? As for Larsson himself being "decent"... Mate, that's laughable. The guy was world class in his prime and even past his prime, he was good enough for Man Utd and Barcelona. 

I, in no way shape or form have any love for Celtic but to say they've only had one decent player in the last 20 years (who are memorable) is either ignorant or arrogant.... or both. Mind sets like that are exactly why fans of clubs like Leiceter, dislike the likes of Utd and Liverpool. 

To be fair, I don't care about Celtic and would prefer not to discuss them on a Leicester forum but arrogance like that boils ma pish.

Think you’ve got hung up on the word ‘decent’. What I’m saying is larsson is arguably the only player that whilst playing for them could’ve walked into a world class team i.e bayern/juve/barca. Van dijk wouldn’t have whilst he was there he was still developing/ Wanyama wouldn’t have them and still wouldn’t now/ same goes for nakamura, petrov, Lennon, guppy, hartson. Maybe Sutton but I’m not bigging him up on this forum.

6 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

No one knew van dijk before he went to the prem. Have a read pal I think larsson was a class player that’s whys he’s the only one that I mentioned. At the time he was there he was a world class player hence why Barca signed him. The others were coming towards the back end of their career and no I don’t think Petrov Lennon and guppy were world class and Im Leicester through and through 

I have read what you said, your exact words were.... "henrik Larsson is arguably the only decent player anyone really remembers they’ve had for the last 20 years"

every player I mentioned was at the very least "decent". I dont know what you're getting at with regards to Van Dijk. I never said anyone knew who he was. I made him an example because the only player you conceive Celtic have had who is worth mentioning in the last 20 years is Larsson. 

you made a point and when I contested it, you completely changed your argument. I can only assume it's because you know it doesn't stand up to scrutiny..... Unless you try again to condone what you said, I'll remind you of what that was.... "Henrik Larsson is arguably the only decent player anyone really remembers they’ve had for the last 20 years"

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I have read what you said, your exact words were.... "henrik Larsson is arguably the only decent player anyone really remembers they’ve had for the last 20 years"

every player I mentioned was at the very least "decent". I dont know what you're getting at with regards to Van Dijk. I never said anyone knew who he was. I made him an example because the only player you conceive Celtic have had who is worth mentioning in the last 20 years is Larsson. 

you made a point and when I contested it, you completely changed your argument. I can only assume it's because you know it doesn't stand up to scrutiny..... Unless you try again to condone what you said, I'll remind you of what that was.... "Henrik Larsson is arguably the only decent player anyone really remembers they’ve had for the last 20 years"

Hence the reply I wrote after that... Jesus wept 

3 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Hence the reply I wrote after that... Jesus wept 

What you mean this one?.....

10 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Think you’ve got hung up on the word ‘decent’. What I’m saying is larsson is arguably the only player that whilst playing for them could’ve walked into a world class team i.e bayern/juve/barca. Van dijk wouldn’t have whilst he was there he was still developing/ Wanyama wouldn’t have them and still wouldn’t now/ same goes for nakamura, petrov, Lennon, guppy, hartson. Maybe Sutton but I’m not bigging him up on this forum.

It isn't really applicable though, is it? You've completely changed your argument from your original post. You've went from.... The only decent player they've had in 20 years to the only world class player in their prime they've had in the last 20 years.....  Two completely different things. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What you mean this one?.....

It isn't really applicable though, is it? You've completely changed your argument from your original post. You've went from.... The only decent player they've had in 20 years to the only world class player in their prime they've had in the last 20 years.....  Two completely different things. 

Ok mate didn’t mean to upset you ‘henrik larsson is the only world class player they’ve had playing for them at the time in the last 20years’

• Like 1