Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/callum-mcgregor-celtic-leicester-bid-16431491

In answer to what Gerard said in the 'Raiding Celtic' thread, I think we do need a seperate thread for McGregor, as he is increasingly looking like a BR's main Celtic target.

Edited by bald reynard

Would be delighted if we got him and Tielemans. Said before the window opened I would have liked two CM's and they were the two I wanted. 

Also, if it really is £10m, it's an absolute steal. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Would be delighted if we got him and Tielemans. Said before the window opened I would have liked two CM's and they were the two I wanted. 

Also, if it really is £10m, it's an absolute steal. 

What kind of midfielder is he?

• Like 1

Flog Mendy for £4m, James loaned out to cover his wages and Silva part of the Tielemans deal and getting McGregor would be exceptional business. Choudhury could well take Ndidi's place at times but it would make central midfield suddenly our strongest area.

• Like 3

This is better. Sorry I couldn't find one with more of his box to box play and assists. Not as sexy. He does the things that nobody notice.

There's always a guy like him in every Rodgers team. Like Allen at Swansea/Liverpool except with more goals.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Flog Mendy for £4m, James loaned out to cover his wages and Silva part of the Tielemans deal and getting McGregor would be exceptional business. Choudhury could well take Ndidi's place at times but it would make central midfield suddenly our strongest area.

I would keep mendy. I don't think he's a bad player, just doesn't work well alongside Ndidi. 

We play with 3 CM's so I would have....

CDM, Ndidi, Mendy

Attacking CM, Tielemans, Maddison

Box to box CM, McGregor, Choudhury

A combination of those six could dominate the midfield in any game whether we've set up defensively against Citeh or we are going all out against Aston Villa. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

This is better. Sorry I couldn't find one with more of his box to box play and assists. Not as sexy. He does the things that nobody notice.

There's always a guy like him in every Rodgers team. Like Allen at Swansea/Liverpool except with more goals.

Christ, the defending is disgusting. He actually played a one two with an oppostion defender at one point. Im sure hes a decent player but that footage doesnt really give us a great deal. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I don't think we need Mendy though and his contract is up next summer, so any fee + a years wages saved is more desirable.

That's a fair point. I formed my opinion on an interview Rodgers done a while back were he seemed hesitant to label Hamza a DM. Playing up his around play as a box to box. Couple that with the fact that it always seems to be Mendy that comes on when we are trying to see out a game, would suggest he likes Papy and would prefer him as a back up to Wilf. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Christ, the defending is disgusting. He actually played a one two with an oppostion defender at one point. Im sure hes a decent player but that footage doesnt really give us a great deal. 

Not much to be had except Rodgers opinion. 

17 minutes ago, SO1 said:

This looks so Championship it hurts 

34 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's a fair point. I formed my opinion on an interview Rodgers done a while back were he seemed hesitant to label Hamza a DM. Playing up his around play as a box to box. Couple that with the fact that it always seems to be Mendy that comes on when we are trying to see out a game, would suggest he likes Papy and would prefer him as a back up to Wilf. 

If that's the case then Choudhury would essentially become 4th choice in the midfield 2 of Tielemans, Maddison and McGregor which would be another season of only a handful of appearances. It was interesting to see Ndidi got subbed a fair few times under Rodgers, which was the first times he's ever been subbed as a Leicester player in 3 seasons. Choudhury was kept on in games and can play that role, but Ndidi as a destroyer is a phenomenon and is still number one in that role for me.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

get him and Youri, then weve got as strong a midfield as our defence. Will just need to work on some winger/striker and then we’ll be so set its ridiculous to think what we can do :wub:

We're still a bit short in the full-back area. Justin not signed yet :huh:

• Like 1