Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

It is. But I do wonder if it leads to a 'don't want to look like a wuss' mindset that caused Benkovic (any thus maybe others) to come back before his ankle was ready. I believe he's on record saying he was aware at the time it was probably not quite right. Not for a moment saying he was pushed/cajoled into it, just conscious it's the sort of thing that can become a 'badge of honour'.

Bit like the Black Knight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be wary about managers going back to the previous club and bringing in their former players. It hasn't served us well.

Nothing against Mcgregor but history hasn't been kind to us with Levein bringing in the Hearts gang or worse still Peter Taylor singing Junior Lewis.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd be wary about managers going back to the previous club and bringing in their former players. It hasn't served us well.

Nothing against Mcgregor but history hasn't been kind to us with Levein bringing in the Hearts gang or worse still Peter Taylor singing Junior Lewis.

didn’t Brian Hamilton go back to Wigan and bring Steve Walsh to us? 

or did i just imgine that? lol

i remember he cost £100,000.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Thanks very much mate, appreciate you guys having me it’s a cracking forum ?

Alright. We buttered everybody up real good:D. Looks like David Turnbull is a done deal. If I remember correctly you have a friend at the club. Are they going to let Collum go? 
When is this happening? Time to live up to your ITK status :sweating:

5 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Tried to think of examples, most examples show the signings to be poor. Ricardo was a positive one in recent years though and Schmeichel also.

Edited by TJB-fox

I thought he looked overweight the other night (Knight?) and that Apollo Creed kit looked garish. It's a no from me.

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah yesterday this morning, the players who weren't away with their interational squads had the grand total of 2.5 weeks off lol!

****ing hell, granted Celtic aren’t playing flat out every week but that can’t end well surely? I remember reading that a big part of Chelsea and Mourinho’s poor 15/16 was partly due to how early they came back from preseason.

15 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

It is. But I do wonder if it leads to a 'don't want to look like a wuss' mindset that caused Benkovic (any thus maybe others) to come back before his ankle was ready. I believe he's on record saying he was aware at the time it was probably not quite right. Not for a moment saying he was pushed/cajoled into it, just conscious it's the sort of thing that can become a 'badge of honour'.

A good point this, this is basically the reason Tierney has struggled with injury the last three months.  Guys like him, McGregor and Forrest have played 60+ games for three seasons in a row now with only around a fortnight's break in the summer, if that.

14 hours ago, SO1 said:

Alright. We buttered everybody up real good:D. Looks like David Turnbull is a done deal. If I remember correctly you have a friend at the club. Are they going to let Collum go? 
When is this happening? Time to live up to your ITK status :sweating:

Haha wouldn;t say I'm an ITK but hear the odd thing now and again second hand.  Wouldn't nail my colours to the mast on this one but noises were a couple of months ago were that McGregor was keen to follow Rodgers down to Leicester.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

****ing hell, granted Celtic aren’t playing flat out every week but that can’t end well surely? I remember reading that a big part of Chelsea and Mourinho’s poor 15/16 was partly due to how early they came back from preseason.

Yeah it's not sustainable, fear a right shocker of a season at some point of a result, the price of success I guess.

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah it's not sustainable, fear a right shocker of a season at some point of a result, the price of success I guess.

I’d imagine for the more tribal lot in your support it will all be Rodgers’ fault if you don’t win the league next season 

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’d imagine for the more tribal lot in your support it will all be Rodgers’ fault if you don’t win the league next season 

Nah not at all tbh, although there is still quite a bit of bitterness among some sections of the support about how he left most of the ire at the moment is directed at the board.  This is for not spending adequately in the transfer market and properly planning for replacing players who we've known for a couple of years that would leave or would be no longer up to the job.  If we blow any title before the 10 then the board will be firmly to blame in the fans' eyes.

No one will criticise the job Rodgers done, quite the opposite, any animosity towards him is around how he handled his exit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Haha wouldn;t say I'm an ITK but hear the odd thing now and again second hand.  Would nail my colours to the mast on this one but noises were a couple of months ago were that McGregor was keen to follow Rodgers down to Leicester.

Just find the pub that Lawwell hangs out at in Glasgow. Give him sweet smile and buy him a pint/shot. Easy Peasy Nice and Easy :beer: Thanks for your service.

If this has any legs then I hope it's not because either Tielemans is not likely or it's a possibility that Maddison is potentially going. It seems like too much money for an SPL player to be honest no real pedigree at all, start the bidding lower.