Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor

20 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

For any player wanting to make something of their career The Premier League is the far bigger league.

Let’s be honest here.

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

Not what I said 

Hmm. Ok, let me be clearer 

You said "For any player wanting to make something of their career Leicester are the bigger clu"

Then  I changed it to "For any player wanting to make something of their career The Premier League is the far bigger league."

Anyway, the whole Leicester / Celtic thing is b*lls, Celtic a massive club in a small league. Where’s Leicester is an ambitious middle size club in the EPL.

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hmm. Ok, let me be clearer 

You said "For any player wanting to make something of their career Leicester are the bigger clu"

Then  I changed it to "For any player wanting to make something of their career The Premier League is the far bigger league."

Anyway, the whole Leicester / Celtic thing is b*lls, Celtic a massive club in a small league. Where’s Leicester is an ambitious middle size club in the EPL.

Not all players would choose any premier league club over Celtic e.g Huddersfield last season or maybe the Norwich’s this season. Leicester are a stable ambitious premier league team, that’s what makes us more attractive than a chunk of premier league teams. Celtics fanbase and history are the only things that give them an honourable mention, with at the rate they are going, will decline over time 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Yes we are, no we aren't, who should really give a fvck other than Celtic fans who are a massive fish in a very small inept pond.

I know which league I'd rather play in and watch.

Well it keeps cropping up, so... :dunno:

I wish it would go away too.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, murphy said:

We're not even close.  Nowhere near.  We've just got more money.

We're on upward trajectory but it won't last forever.  Leeds, Charlton, Bolton, West Brom, Stoke... I bet they all thought they were established and where are they now? 

We need to enjoy these times as they won't last forever but please get a grip with these delusions of grandeur as it just makes us all look like knobs.

Not only do we have more money but we are in the biggest league in the world, are better known around the world and have/attract a higher calibre of players.

they might have all thought that but none of them had billionaire owners, one of the best managers around, a large number of internationals at all levels and a premier league trophy in the cabinet.

its a much bigger insult comparing us to Bolton than saying we’re bigger than Celtic 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Not only do we have more money but we are in the biggest league in the world, are better known around the world and have/attract a higher calibre of players.

they might have all thought that but none of them had billionaire owners, one of the best managers around, a large number of internationals at all levels and a premier league trophy in the cabinet.

its a much bigger insult comparing us to Bolton than saying we’re bigger than Celtic 

You really think we are better known around the world than Celtic???

We have a premier league trophy, Celtic have won theirs 50 times, plus the European Cup.

We don't play in the biggest league in the world, that is the Champions League and Celtic play in that every year.

We are a traditional yo-yo side.  A provincial club that hovers around the bottom of the Premier League and the top of the Championship.  Three years of mid table doesn't change 100 years of history and not so long ago Bolton were in the Prem when we were in League One.

If Celtic or Rangers were in the PL they would top 6 every year and sometimes challenge for or win titles.

They are bigger than us, always have been, just as Glasgow is bigger than Leicester.  It's better to just accept it and be comfortable in your own skin so to speak.

Edited by murphy

15 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

You can go anywhere in the world and see a Celtic fan. You can walk streets of Leicestershire and not see a sign of a Leicester fan. Part of that is down to the fact that some Celtic fans would wear the hoops to their own wedding, but still 

Being in a better league doesn't mean anything in terms of being better know globally. Ajax etc are proof of that. 

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

You really think we are better known around the world than Celtic???

We have a premier league trophy, Celtic have won theirs 50 times, plus the European Cup.

We don't play in the biggest league in the world, that is the Champions League and Celtic play in that every year.

We are a traditional yo-yo side.  A provincial club that hovers around the bottom of the Premier League and the top of the Championship.  Three years of mid table doesn't change 100 years of history and not so long ago Bolton were in the Prem when we were in League One.

If Celtic or Rangers were in the PL they would top 6 every year and sometimes challenge for or win titles.

They are bigger than us, always have been, just as Glasgow is bigger than Leicester.  It's better to just accept it and be comfortable in your own skin so to speak.

They are bigger I agree, but trust me, far more casuals will know about us purely because of the title win. 

• Like 1

Celtic is a team I’m very fond of but Rodgers, who is a big Celtic fan left them for Leicester... that speaks volumes!!

If McGregor has a choice to play for us or another club in the EPL he will grab it with both hands!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They are bigger I agree, but trust me, far more casuals will know about us purely because of the title win. 

No I would disagree, I know we had our fifteen minutes worldwide after the title win, but Celtic have fans everywhere, with the whole Irish/catholic thing.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Celtic is a team I’m very fond of but Rodgers, who is a big Celtic fan left them for Leicester... that speaks volumes!!

If McGregor has a choice to play for us or another club in the EPL he will grab it with both hands!

It does.

It says "We've got more money".  

(At least while we're in the PL)

That's why we are able to take players from bigger clubs like Porto and Celtic.  

Just ask yourself this question.  Are Bournemouth bigger than Leeds?

If you think yes, then we just have very different criteria for club size.

Celtic are a massive club due to history etc... much in the same way that Liverpool and man united are.

i believe the reason for this is that when I was growing up (I’m 40) it was either Liverpool or man united on the tv, which was aired free on tv, they was the only clubs some kids in the uk seen or knew of.

then sky came in and aired the big teams (bias), and this continued.

now there are more teams shown on tv, so the kids have options of teams to choose to support and watch.

i believe this must be the same reason for the amount of the fans for the big teams in Scotland.

this and the money now in the premier league allows teams to become bigger.

there is no way that if rangers or Celtic entered the premier league that they would finish in the top 6.

man Utd, man c, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool would all finish above them and would be more appealing to future transfers than rangers/Celtic.

there was a lot of money in Scottish football in the 90’s yet the  better players moved down south at the opportunity.

No offence intended to Scottish football.